[Serie A] Sampdoria 1-0 JUVENTUS (March 21st, 2010) (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I know Chiementi completely screwed up but looking at the highlights he made some really great saves. We probably should have drawn this game 0-0 but there was never any chance we would have won this.
Our attack couldn't put anything together. Our best chances went directly at Storari's chest, and they were few and far between.

Chimi is not the one to blame. He did more than you should normally hope from a third-string keeper.

Sissoko is still one of our best players.
Last night he was one of our worst, though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Out of curiosity, is that 80$ million (euros) transfer money for the summer only available to us if we make Champions League? Or are we going to get that cash no matter what? I have a feeling we'll squeeze through to 4th place by the end of the season, but this Samp game is really starting to deteriorate any faith I have left. I hope we still get 80$ million in the summer, or at least somewhere close to that even if we don't make CL.

Anyone, anyone?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sissoko gets shifted out wide as well imo. Long term solution is get better defenders so our midfielders don't have to cover. Short term, its a bit more complicated. Changing the system would be ideal where we have both Melo and Mommo infront of the defense but if we don't have the adequate attacking wingers then we will be stuck with the same problem. I would go for that but I'm just saying its not as simple as everyone explains it.

On the other hand, I think you missed my point here mate. Sissoko didn't forget how to make the simple passes that he always did (just a few weeks back he had a good game against the Viola). If he could do that then there are no issues imo because we need him to retrieve the ball and provide the simple passes. That is his main job anything more is a bonus. I guess it all depends on your definition of complete passes. Just like its not Gigi's job to save penalties, its a bonus if he does. The responsibility is mostly on the kick taker rather than the keeper.

What I saw happening in the past games with sissoko is that we are asking him to make the difficult passes ( remember I didn't see the Samp game, just talking about the previous games), so the guy will naturally make mistakes because its not his strong point.
The problem with Momo is that he's too inconsistent. One day he only gives the ball away a couple times, the next he gives it away a dozen. And it's not like he's been solid defensively this season either, compared to previous years.

As I've said before, football is changing and we need to acquire players who can play the modern game. We have relied far too long on one-dimensional DM's who don't offer us anything going forward, and with the game becoming more fast-paced and attack-oriented players like Momo will get forced out because they don't have the technical skill to be useful. I know what his job is, but his job stifling our play more than anything else in my view.

We need to get two-way players in midfield.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Since his injury last season, Momo has never get back to his form. He not so 'beast' in midfield and look tired (not so mobile anymore) this season. Remove those 2 special character (beast tackler and tireless midfield), what he done for us is ruining our game flow with his misplaced passes.. I don't know what happen with him, is the injury affect him so bad till now

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
The problem with Momo is that he's too inconsistent. One day he only gives the ball away a couple times, the next he gives it away a dozen. And it's not like he's been solid defensively this season either, compared to previous years.

As I've said before, football is changing and we need to acquire players who can play the modern game. We have relied far too long on one-dimensional DM's who don't offer us anything going forward, and with the game becoming more fast-paced and attack-oriented players like Momo will get forced out because they don't have the technical skill to be useful. I know what his job is, but his job stifling our play more than anything else in my view.

We need to get two-way players in midfield.
Yes we do but until we get a proper structure in place for all the outfield players instead of this chaos and get real defenders then we will always rely the mommos of the world.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Momo is a player Juve have to keep. Yes he give the ball away but we all know what hes capable of. Hes still 24 and can improve his passing skills plus this year has been a bad year for every player. What players has had a consistent season? no one momo unfortunately started injured and hasnt got his form back

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
word, i'd better keep momo and invest time in him than melo...oh and playing with more than one dm is stuuupiiid, no one does it anymore, look at the teams that still are in the ucl or even the europa league..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Since his injury last season, Momo has never get back to his form. He not so 'beast' in midfield and look tired (not so mobile anymore) this season. Remove those 2 special character (beast tackler and tireless midfield), what he done for us is ruining our game flow with his misplaced passes.. I don't know what happen with him, is the injury affect him so bad till now
Momo has been used differently this season. He was great in 4-4-2 (better than the system we play now) under his tutor Ranieri. Clearly he struggles in this new (worse) Juve. I still think he's been solid overall though.

What players has had a consistent season?
Marchisio, Chiellini, Buffon and Camo in 1st part of the season were good.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Basically anyone can tear us apart though, so it hurts a little less. Would be worse if it were only the missed opportunity-players. :weee:

That's not really a good thing at all is it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)