[Serie A] Sampdoria 1-0 JUVENTUS (March 21st, 2010) (2 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
i haven't reviewed a game in a while but here it goes

chimenti played well, except the goal
defence was ok, cannavaro played a great game
full-backs suck to begin with, why the fuck we had no width in attack, why?
sissoko and poulsen were decent, really only one of them should play though. sissoko can't pass for shit, but at least he was winning the ball
marchsio, play him on the left, why change him now? candreva should have been there from the beginning
diego had no help. camo should have played alongside him
del piero, can't ask more from him
trezeguet should have been from beginning instead of non-fit iaquinta

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Juventus needs an overhaul. A completely new starting lineup.

Keep Marchisio, Candreva, Chiellini, Buffon, Caceres, Sissoko, and Iaquinta and get rid of the rest.

New players, new management...pronto!

Sep 30, 2006
now let's be realistic please...being a mid-table team is no longer a joke...it's a fact...so if we ended up in fourth place it would be a great accomplishment...and if we didn't it would be very normal...and we have to be ready for that...we are no longer that giant team...we are a very average team now..and this won't change soon..not even the next season because our problems are much more than being solved in several months..it'd take years

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Players like Sissoko are why we can't seem to create any chances for ourselves. To say his 14 giveaways should be the last of our concern today is not understanding what the problems are with this side. The defense is crap, yes, but the system is designed to protect it with two DM's in front, yet it doesn't do its job. That's how you know you have the wrong players and system.
I didn't see the game this morning.

Its clear the guy can't pass, we all know that. But I think its more about the selection giving him the responsibility of making that amount of passes. He is there to destroy attacks and provide energy in the midfield not make passes. Whether we should keep him beyond this year is another matter.

The other point you bring up about the two DMs and how they are not protecting the defense. It is simply because in this system we play with the holding midfielder (I'm guessing Poulsen in this case) gets isolated with Mommo and even Marchi drifting wide to provide cover or drive up the flank to provide width (since the fullbacks and the forwards aren't providing it). That exposes the center and puts our weak CBs under pressure.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I didn't see the game this morning.

Its clear the guy can't pass, we all know that. But I think its more about the selection giving him the responsibility of making that amount of passes. He is there to destroy attacks and provide energy in the midfield not make passes. Whether we should keep him beyond this year is another matter.

The other point you bring up about the two DMs and how they are not protecting the defense. It is simply because in this system we play with the holding midfielder (I'm guessing Poulsen in this case) gets isolated with Mommo and even Marchi drifting wide to provide cover or drive up the flank to provide width (since the fullbacks and the forwards aren't providing it). That exposes the center and puts our weak CBs under pressure.
So what's the solution, fielding yet another DM? Sure Marchisio gets sucked out wide, but what about Poulsen and Sissoko? They still shift centrally. So I don't see that being a valid excuse.

And again, every player on the pitch has to complete passes at this level. Saying that it's not Sissoko's job to make passes is like saying it's not Buffon's duty to save penalties. Midfielders have to be able to pass the ball as the play goes through them. So sorry buddy, but that's an inane statement to make.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
So what's the solution, fielding yet another DM? Sure Marchisio gets sucked out wide, but what about Poulsen and Sissoko? They still shift centrally. So I don't see that being a valid excuse.

And again, every player on the pitch has to complete passes at this level. Saying that it's not Sissoko's job to make passes is like saying it's not Buffon's duty to save penalties. Midfielders have to be able to pass the ball as the play goes through them. So sorry buddy, but that's an inane statement to make.
I would add one more problem this team has and it's our fullbacks which are bad both defensively or in the attack.
Watching how Doria or even Fulham players penetrate over the flanks made me sick. Their wing positioned players are opened to make a center shot almost every time so our CBs are tasted badly in the penalty box.
The opposite teams oftenly avoid our DMs forcing the flank routes.

Than again in the attack,our fullbacks are gonna hit the only opposite player they have in front of them no matter they are near or away from our fullbacks.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Why even bother discussing tactics and formations? We're Juventus and we're in 6th place, every possible record has been broken against us..
Lets discuss it when we start competing rather than surviving..
Fighting for 4th place...what a shame..

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
How many times did Juve test the Samp keeper???? Samp should have charged their goalie the price of admission because he had nothing to do.
On my count we had zero shots on goal...not one chance did we have to score but the less skilled samp squad had a flurry of dangerous chances

this team has transformed into utter garbage this season

Juve has never sucked dick so bad, watching them play im starting to question my sexual orientation

when the combined age of this squad is 1000, what the hell do you expect????

our own players seem to not want to play for juve so how in god's name will we be able to attract any quality signings

ffs pazzini seems to run his socks off when we have forwards who need crutches to keep standing

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Out of curiosity, is that 80$ million (euros) transfer money for the summer only available to us if we make Champions League? Or are we going to get that cash no matter what? I have a feeling we'll squeeze through to 4th place by the end of the season, but this Samp game is really starting to deteriorate any faith I have left. I hope we still get 80$ million in the summer, or at least somewhere close to that even if we don't make CL.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Something needs to change that's for sure. We need to get Chiellini and Buffon (or at least Manninger) back asap, stop playing Sissoko and start playing at least 3 of Camo/Candreva/Diego/Gio.

These changes alone should raise our level significantly. I really think we should play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1. Trez should be the striker with either 2 behind him (Diego + Candreva/Gio and Camo in the midfield of 3) or 3 behind him (3 of Camo/Candreva/Diego/Gio).

The 2 other midfielders should be Marchisio and Poulsen/Melo (I'm still not sure if Melo is as bad as it has seemed recently, I think we should give him a couple more chances). Sissoko should be the 4th in the CM pecking order (5th if you count Camo).

I just wish this season was over and we would qualify for the CL :frown:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I really can't see us getting 4th place. Until today I had thought we were going to do it but I just don't see it happening now.
I think that was quite obvious after our 2-0 loss to Palermo, our complete inability to compete with them all game.

If not then, then maybe it was after our 3-2 loss to Napoli following the 2-0 lead at home.

If not then, maybe it was our CL performances and inability against such rubbish teams as Maccabi Haifa and our self-destruction against Bayern at home.

If not then, maybe it was obvious when we lost 3-0 to Milan at home.

If not then, then it was surely obvious when we drew 3-3 with Siena after leading 3-0 at fkn home!

Maybe not even then, maybe it was crystal clear when, like a a Sunday Amateur park football team, we capitulated against a nothing side ravaged with injuries like Fulham 4-1.

Today's result was no surprise, it was a foregone conclusion, a long looong time ago.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Our official website www.juventus.com talks about an unlucky and brave Juventus. They are just as delusional as the coach and the board. Unlucky and brave? How can you be unlucky and/or brave when you don't even try to do shit? That's a load of horse piss that website is spewing. :lol: :shifty:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Juve has never sucked dick so bad, watching them play im starting to question my sexual orientation

when the combined age of this squad is 1000, what the hell do you expect????
:lol:

So i guess its europa league again next year :cry:
I'm starting to think that Europe, while a valuable TV revenue goal, might not be so bad as something we defer -- as when we were in Serie B. Any club has to clean its act up in its own league before it can hope to have any chances in Europe.

The way we play right now, even if we did qualify for the CL we would have our asses handed to us (and rightfully so) in the group stage. What's the point of that other than some quick TV revenue cash?

There could be a silver lining to not qualifying for Europe. We just need a team that needs to figure out how to play in the joke Serie A first before we worry about how we can invent new ways to choke in Europe again next season.

Our official website www.juventus.com talks about an unlucky and brave Juventus. They are just as delusional as the coach and the board. Unlucky and brave? How can you be unlucky and/or brave when you don't even try to do shit? That's a load of horse piss that website is spewing. :lol: :shifty:
We certainly were unlucky to have Blanc as a president who twiddled his thumbs when the injuries piled up at Vinovo, when Ferrara looked clueless on the touch line for two months too long, etc.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The website has always been deluded, probably written by the directors wives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)