[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (12 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I agree with the Trequartista; talk of Ozil being unhappy @ Madrid. He'd be an awesome addition to this team.

One of our worst performances this season; Marchisio had one of his worst outings, if not his worst thus far, Pepe was ineffective and frustratingly wasteful (bad decision making too), Quag missed a couple of good opportunities.

Buffon, Chiellini, Barza, Licht (at least offensively), and Vidal (notwithstanding his howler which gifted Roma the goal) were the best performers in this game.

We played well in the first half, really controlling the tempo and dictating play. The 2'nd half was more even, particularly after we scored, and we really ran some risks towards the end (after the 75'th minute, which ironically is when our opponents run out of steam and we tend to pile more pressure on them), yet could've won it.

Overall, a draw was the fair result.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
All I have to say is that I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't come out with 3 points, but hey this is football right. We got a point, we have accumulated 30 points so far which is more than half of what we got throughout our entire outings last season. Lets try our best and get these next full 6 points before the break and continue to sit on top of the table.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Thanks to having a day off, I can finally comment on a game...... and I will address some points that pretain to other games as well.

First off, Conte is doing much better than I expected. He has these guys working their asses off and is instilling a winning mentality aka the Juventus attitude. I believe we play the best and most exciting football in Italy, and I will go so far as to say that we play the best football of any team in any country right now, Barca included. The question is how long can we do this, with some just slightly better than average players starting for our team.

My knock on Conte is the one striker system. I believe that if we played with 2 strikers tonite, we would have won the game. Also considering the fact that Roma had 2 midfielders in defense, I consider this to be 2 lost points. We could have and SHOULD have won this game.

Minus the howler tonite, one of our best players has been Vidal. The man is Gattuso plus ball skills !! It seemed to me that the Roma players were trying to purposely injure him early on, taking him out of the game would be one way of getting control of the midfield. Same goes for Pirlo, and we have become pretty dependent on him too.

Marchisio had a quiet nite, but he has been beyond good as of late. And to think how hes been wasted on the left in previous seasons........ he will improve even more !!

I have a love-hate relationship with Pepe.....this guy has less skills than me, and pisses me off with the stupid mistakes that he makes....then he scores a friggin' goal !!!!! Pace and his never quit attitude are his best attributes.

Dont count out Krasic yet....he is faster than Pepe, and has more skills. He needs to be more aggressive off the ball. Conte needs to get his confidence back by letting him play. Trust me, he will be the preferred choice over Pepe.

Estigarribia is a work in progress and Giaccherini is on the right path....I am hoping that Elia is worth the money we spent on him.

I like the attitude that Conte and the management have taken as far as not mentioning the word "scudetto", even though everyone else is. It seemed like last season, whenever we had a coule decent games (which wasnt often), DUMB Neri would bring it up, or be forced into talking about it. Conte has the right idea....there is a long way to go

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Thanks to having a day off, I can finally comment on a game...... and I will address some points that pretain to other games as well.

First off, Conte is doing much better than I expected. He has these guys working their asses off and is instilling a winning mentality aka the Juventus attitude. I believe we play the best and most exciting football in Italy, and I will go so far as to say that we play the best football of any team in any country right now, Barca included. The question is how long can we do this, with some just slightly better than average players starting for our team.

My knock on Conte is the one striker system. I believe that if we played with 2 strikers tonite, we would have won the game. Also considering the fact that Roma had 2 midfielders in defense, I consider this to be 2 lost points. We could have and SHOULD have won this game.

Minus the howler tonite, one of our best players has been Vidal. The man is Gattuso plus ball skills !! It seemed to me that the Roma players were trying to purposely injure him early on, taking him out of the game would be one way of getting control of the midfield. Same goes for Pirlo, and we have become pretty dependent on him too.

Marchisio had a quiet nite, but he has been beyond good as of late. And to think how hes been wasted on the left in previous seasons........ he will improve even more !!

I have a love-hate relationship with Pepe.....this guy has less skills than me, and pisses me off with the stupid mistakes that he makes....then he scores a friggin' goal !!!!! Pace and his never quit attitude are his best attributes.

Dont count out Krasic yet....he is faster than Pepe, and has more skills. He needs to be more aggressive off the ball. Conte needs to get his confidence back by letting him play. Trust me, he will be the preferred choice over Pepe.

Estigarribia is a work in progress and Giaccherini is on the right path....I am hoping that Elia is worth the money we spent on him.

I like the attitude that Conte and the management have taken as far as not mentioning the word "scudetto", even though everyone else is. It seemed like last season, whenever we had a coule decent games (which wasnt often), DUMB Neri would bring it up, or be forced into talking about it. Conte has the right idea....there is a long way to go
Hey! Good to see you back here. A positive post with barely any negativity. Top notch shit chief. +Rep to you. Coming to Thailand anytime soon?

sukhoimaru

Nov 29, 2011
worst performance so far this season.

this game taught us we need game changer. pepe's luck won't last forever n vucinic sure is missed
i hope next time we put striker than winger to replace him. .

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
I think pepe, pirlo and matri were our weaker links. This is why I would have like to see conte take a risk an change to a 442 in the final third. Replacing pepe, pirlo and matri with quad, del and Elia for a 442.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)