[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (9 Viewers)

frick

Apr 4, 2010
On the positive note....
We still play better than any other team we're facing this season, and still undefeatable. Staying on top should never be in consideration at least until few months left in this season, we should always look to play better than the opponents.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Predictably poor game from Juve - I said that I thought playing Estigarribia instead of Quagliarella would leave Juve with a lack of guile.

More generally, Juve were terribly impatient. They just kept launching themselves forward, rather than actually building up and trying to move Roma around. This relentlessly fast attacking also meant Juve didn't give close enough support to Matri. It's pretty obvious that if you play that fast with a one-striker system that the striker will be isolated. Juve failure to move the ball properly also meant that they didn't get the ball wide fast enough to take advantage of playing with two genuine wingers.

What are Juve thinking on short corners? Roma's goal came in almost exactly the same way as Napoli won their penalty. Do Juve really think it's okay to leave Pirlo against two guys to close down the cross?

On the penalty, the problem was not so much the challenge by Vidal as Barzagli and Lichtsteiner both failing to clear the initial cross. Juve were in big trouble as soon as the ball dropped in the box.

Buffon is great.

Barzagli is good.

Vidal needs to calm down a bit.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
I have to agree with you
in defense of both Esti and Giacchi when he came on. I would say both were very pissed off with Giorgio as he rarely passed to them even when they were in open space instead looking for the the long ball over the top continuosly.

Especially in the last 15 minutes the decison making by our two centre halves and Marchisio, Pirlo and Giorgio was very frustrating to watch.

Time after time Lich would pass to Bonucci or Barzagli and all the space was down our left wing with Giorgio and Esti/Giacchi in wide open space especially on our counter attacks.

But they would mainly play it back to the right wing and closed off spaces our play in Marchisio or pirlo and many times I was begging them to release the ball to the left quickly but they slowed it down too much and turned back into 50/50 challenges and gave up possession.

But that is football, championship winning teams dig out results when playing below their best. De Rossi and Heinze played well but all of our players were afraid of them in the pysical battles. Even balls that were 70/30 in favour of a juventus player was often lost as our attackers were afraid to go in hard on these two.
The other times the actually got in wide to Giorgio who ignorned the wingers ahead of him and lumped it forward constantly. Now Giorgio defended great and covered his centre halves well but he frustrated me a lot in possession.

Then on the occassions that quag and Giachi got played in they did not have the pace or confidence to strch the roma defence on the outside and instead cut in side to shoot weakly and Steeklenburg.

I would have like to see Elia switched to the left to strech roma with his pace.

Frustrating match Juve underperformed made silly mistake and individuals made poor decisions all night. But they fought to the end and got a result. Vital to win our next two matches against Novara and in Udine.

Matri played bad but i think in close games you have to keep faith with your main striker and you know matri would have finished the chances in the box that fell to quag elia and licht.

I think Quag should have come on for Esti and Elia or Giachi for Pepe.

League titles are not won in december but can be lost. January and February will decide if we are contenders. Then March and April will show if we have the fight to maintain the challenge through tough times. And May will crown the winner in what I predict will be a tight battle that could well run until the final weekend.

With Vidal suspended Pepe will probably play his role. i would like to see Krasic and Elia get a chance on the wings.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
what are they saying.
Chiellini was 1 meter inside our box when Totti took the penalty. They're complaining why was Hamsik's penalty retaken and Totti's wasn't.

It all comes down to how the refs decide. The one from yesterday had all the right to let Totti take the penalty again, but he didn't.

It's funny though how some are trying to make it look like the refs are pro-Juve and using these episodes as an example. I mean, the refs who actually gave those penalties against Juve :howler:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Chiellini was 1 meter inside our box when Totti took the penalty. They're complaining why was Hamsik's penalty retaken and Totti's wasn't.

It all comes down to how the refs decide. The one from yesterday had all the right to let Totti take the penalty again, but he didn't.

It's funny though how some are trying to make it look like the refs are pro-Juve and using these episodes as an example. I mean, the refs who actually gave those penalties against Juve :howler:
They were both such clear penalties that the ref couldn't not give them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)