[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (19 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That is also a tactical factor, I'm sure you've seen old Italian coaches moaning in the media how defenders all mark zones now rather than the man.
I'm also talking from the physical and talent factor.

Defenders were ready to eat the pitch back then. Now I see them shedding tears after any soft contact.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Those were the days when Serie A was the biggest league not only to us Serie A fans, but to all football fans out there.
We had players like Zidane,Davids,Trez,Nedved,Batistuta,Maldini,Djorkaeff,Salas,Bierhoff,Rui Costa,Baggio,Signori,Couto,Boban,and Ronaldo9
EPL and La liga were amateurs compared to Serie A then

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah more big defenders now, not so many who would bring the ball from defence. Football just evolves all the time, it has become more athletic, although it seems to be changing again right now. Barcelona are to blame, now everyone wants to be Barcelona/Spain at club and international level.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Those were the days when Serie A was the biggest league not only to us Serie A fans, but to all football fans out there.
We had players like Zidane,Davids,Trez,Nedved,Batistuta,Maldini,Djorkaeff,Salas,Bierhoff,Rui Costa,Baggio,Signori,Couto,Boban,and Ronaldo9
EPL and La liga were amateurs compared to Serie A then
Serie A is coming back this season, wait and see.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Defenders were ready to eat the pitch back then. Now I see them shedding tears after any soft contact.
In that aspect Chiellini really reminds me of 90's italian defenders. Harsh but fair challenges, and only stays on the ground if something is horribly wrong.

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah... modern footbal become quite insane. We all get used to La Ligas waterfall of goals. But now even Bundes Liga become the same where Bavaria could snap anybody with 5-6 goals. And i cant remember when there were such occasion in APL when MU (or anybody else) could beat Arsenal 8:2 and then get crecked in Man City clash with 1:6.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah more big defenders now, not so many who would bring the ball from defence. Football just evolves all the time, it has become more athletic, although it seems to be changing again right now. Barcelona are to blame, now everyone wants to be Barcelona/Spain at club and international level.
True.

I remember Lippi once said about football becoming more athletic these days but it's not everything and that if you bring the best 11 athletic players of todays football against 11 of the 90's or 80's there's no way the athletic ones would win.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
In that aspect Chiellini really reminds me of 90's italian defenders. Harsh but fair challenges, and only stays on the ground if something is horribly wrong.
Except that time he had a (relatively) minor head wound that went unnoticed making him deliberately sit down on the pitch in protest.

Classic moment from him.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I worry about this too, we need to be on our game. If we are, we'll win.
I don't doubt Conte will fire the team up but I remain pessimistic for some reason.

It seems like too good of an opportunity and with Juve over the last several years I've become accustomed to disappointment.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Honestly, even if we should lose or draw today I wouldn't be that upset. We're undefeated through 14 games, it's bound to happen that we should lose.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah... modern footbal become quite insane. We all get used to La Ligas waterfall of goals. But now even Bundes Liga become the same where Bavaria could snap anybody with 5-6 goals. And i cant remember when there were such occasion in APL when MU (or anybody else) could beat Arsenal 8:2 and then get crecked in Man City clash with 1:6.
The worst part is that it's becoming something normal to teams/players/fans which pisses the living shit out of me.

Back then, if a team conceded 3 or 4 goals it was a BIG BIG BIG scandal, and not just any scandal.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The worst part is that it's becoming something normal to teams/players/fans which pisses the living shit out of me.

Back then, if a team conceded 3 or 4 goals it was a BIG BIG BIG scandal, and not just any scandal.
When my dad tells me stories (He was a huge Red Star fan in X-Yugoslavia) he always tells them like this "We absolutely thumped them, x, x and x scored. We won 3-0!"

What the hell is a 3-0 win or defeat today?

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Honestly, even if we should lose or draw today I wouldn't be that upset. We're undefeated through 14 games, it's bound to happen that we should lose.
Never, This is a MUST win, when you look at all their injuries and suspended players, and their current form.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
When my dad tells me stories (He was a huge Red Star fan in X-Yugoslavia) he always tells them like this "We absolutely thumped them, x, x and x scored. We won 3-0!"

What the hell is a 3-0 win or defeat today?
If a team in La Liga scores only 3goals they're grounded these days. They should score around 7 or 8 per game.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't doubt Conte will fire the team up but I remain pessimistic for some reason.

It seems like too good of an opportunity and with Juve over the last several years I've become accustomed to disappointment.
http://forum.juventuz.com/showthrea...h-Dec.-2011)&p=3403214&viewfull=1#post3403214

:D

I don't think we'll shake this feeling until we win several of these games. However, we should also remember that we didn't always win these games in the past either, sometimes it went right to the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)