[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (20 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
And it shits on anything Spain produce right now.
Minimum.

Italy were really unlucky not to win the WC 98 Euro's 2000 and 02. No squad was as good as the Azzurri 1. Specially the 2000 and 02 one.

Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Maldini, Di Livio, Conte Totti, Del Piero, Baggio, Vieri, Inzaghi, Montella.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
In fact the current Azzurri squad has the least ever number of stars. It has always been a star-studded NT, but now there's only Buffon really.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
In fact the current Azzurri squad has the least ever number of stars. It has always been a star-studded NT, but now there's only Buffon really.
Indeed.

There's no real stars in the team and this NT lacks charisma and personality.

It's different when you have Maldini, Del Piero and Totti on the field, you're forced to watch them play. Now all I see is bunch of Balotelli's, Cassano and Ranocchia.

I don't remember the last time I watched Azzurri play.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It's cliche to say that but back then it seemed like every team has at least one super-star because of whom you'd watch them. Figo of Portugal, Zidane of France, Beckham of England, Bergkamp of Holland, Rivaldo of Brazil, Raul of Spain etc. Now there aren't players for whom solely I'd watch their game.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
They dont make em like they did in the 90s and early 00's.'

TBH I find that there isnt as many big stars these days like there was in earlier times anyway.
Definitely not.

Also the partner-ships that we used to see back then isn't the same anymore. Right now I don't see the Del Piero-Trezeguet, the Ronaldo-Vieri, Raul-Morientes, Totti-Montella, Kluivert-Rivaldo, Bergkamp-Henry, Yoke-Cole etc... Almost each big team had deadly duo's or lethal partnership that I/we used to enjoy.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:tup: correct. I also feel the standard of goalkeepers has been cack as well. Neuer best in the world now? Really? He doesn't come close to Buffon, Schmeichel and even Cech (in his younger years)
That also.

Kahn, Buffon, Toldo, Taffarel, Barthez(He wasn't that great but better than many Gk's now), Schmeichel, Pagliuca, Canizares, VDS, Chilavert etc.. I know I'm forgetting many more but seriously, there were keepers back then. Now apart from 3 or 4, Bah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)