[Serie A] Roma 2-2 Juventus [September 27th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
When we went down to 10 men and were a goal down with half an hour left to play, I was expecting us to get battered 4-1 or something
Actually I didnt and I had a feeling we would play better as Rabiot was simply horrible and Im not just talking about the hand ball.
Rabiot is an on and off player - He can be a real monster one game and then be crap on the other.
We seriously need a great midfielder one that can make a real difference

Buy on AliExpress.com

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Cuadrado didn't do that badly at left wing back but I think its better to start Fabrotta at left back in the next match. For the match against Roma, I would like to see this:

------------------------------Szczesny---------------------------

-------------Danilo-----Bonucci-----Chiellini-------------

Cuadrado-----Arthur-----Bentancur------Fabrotta

----------------------------Kulusevski---------------------------

----------------------Dybala------Ronaldo--------------------

If Dybala is not yet fit, then play Kulu up front with Ronaldo and have Ramsey behind the front 2.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Pirlobtried to have reverse wing backs that can cut in on their stronger foot, but it didn't work, they didn't provide enough width, would have been better to have cuad on the rwb and kulu on the lwb position.

Mar 3, 2014
Ratings;
Excellent: Ronaldo, Szczesny
Good: Arthur, Danilo
Meh: Bentancur, Ramsey, Kulu, Costa
Poor: Chiellini, Bonucci, Morata, Pirlo, Rabiot (was great before the penalty, but made some very poor and unnecessary fouls later)
Trash: Cuadrado, Mckennie
N/A: Frabotta

Only Ronaldo, Tek, Arthur and Danilo get passing grades today.
I don’t blame Cuadrado. He was set up fail in that role. Arthur should def start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Well Rabiot had an absolute stinker and cost us almost the entire game, but he's not the only one to blame. Pirlo made some absolutely baffling decisions like putting Cuads out wide on the left and benching several of our best players. We were very leaky on counters and lucky not to have conceded more, while we didn't create nearly as much as we should have.

We have to remember too that Roma has an absolute shit squad and we are gonna face teams with a lot more quality than Santon and Bruno Peres. If we do not learn from this then it's gonna be a long season for us and a short one for Pirlo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Luckily Roma ran out of steam because we got that one wrong in so many ways.

Still, I've seen this kind of thing happen lots of times early in a season. You only have to look around some results today. But the wingback situation in particular is a gamble that failed and wasn't corrected until the game was almost lost.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Cuadrado didn't do that badly at left wing back but I think its better to start Fabrotta at left back in the next match. For the match against Roma, I would like to see this:

------------------------------Szczesny---------------------------

-------------Danilo-----Bonucci-----Chiellini-------------

Cuadrado-----Arthur-----Bentancur------Fabrotta

----------------------------Kulusevski---------------------------

----------------------Dybala------Ronaldo--------------------

If Dybala is not yet fit, then play Kulu up front with Ronaldo and have Ramsey behind the front 2.
I`d put Demiral for Danilo but I really dont expect this to happen.
Dybala would probably be on the bench, I dont think we will risk him.
Ramsey behind Ronaldo Kulusevski sounds like something that can happen but I think Pirlo will use Ramsey behind Ronaldo Morata

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The inverted wingback/wings experiment was a disaster.
only because they had two offensive guys in Cuadrado and kulu. Can’t even blame the goal on them as it was off a set piece. Kulu belongs closer to the goal though. Chiesa is a much better fit there.

Pirlo was sending a message by not using de Sciglio, even late in the game.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
McKennie is making too many passing errors which hopefully he can fix through time - his work rate etc is still good but he had an off day today.

Rabiot kept having poor first touches and tried to compensate with overly aggressive and mis timed tackles. Bad game.

Bentancur and Arthur are our most technical mids but perhaps don't have quite the same work rate as the other 2. Roma being tired may have made the comparisons look different.

Always too easy to misjudge players based on the phase of the game.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Not sure if we deserved the point there, though Roma actually gave us more than 1 chance to score the third.. that was a match Pirlo need to learn a lot from and I think there are some things that are clear, our defenders are too slow, so getting counters could always mean getting scored against. Mckennie should only start against teams that dont have strikers who can play his back against goal well. Bentancur is still our best central mid. No more Cuads at lwb nor Kulu/costa at rwb.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Cant wait to have De Ligt back and finally adding some brains, balls and confidence in our central defense, especially when we are on the ball. Bonucci is a fraud. Caught ass-manoeuvring several times again today. And wtf did he do second half against Dzeko where he is lucky to get a tiny freekick. He almost gave a free run. Instead of just kicking the ball out of the stadium, he tries to do a flimsy flick and then he throws himself to the ground betting on the ref having merci on him. Disgusting attitude really.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Cant wait to have De Ligt back and finally adding some brains, balls and confidence in our central defense, especially when we are on the ball. Bonucci is a fraud. Caught ass-manoeuvring several times again today. And wtf did he do second half against Dzeko where he is lucky to get a tiny freekick. He almost gave a free run. Instead of just kicking the ball out of the stadium, he tries to do a flimsy flick and then he throws himself to the ground betting on the ref having merci on him. Disgusting attitude really.
De Ligt should replace Bonucci in the lineup. He’s built to lead a backline and is good with the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)