[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Refs favour Juve, says Baptista

Roma forward Julio Baptista has controversially stated that referees in Serie A favour Juventus, as the Giallorossi prepare to face the Bianconeri.

There have been a number of suspect decisions in Inter's favour this term, which have prompted accusations of refereeing bias.

But Baptista seems to feel that officials have also made mistakes that benefit the Old Lady.

“In my opinion this refereeing situation doesn't just involve Inter,” the Brazilian told the Guerin Sportivo.

“I have also seen it happen with Juventus on four different occasions and it has always struck me as incredible.

“I would like to understand one day how these things happen. Against Atalanta the linesman made the wrong decision even though he was right next to the Juventus player.

“I don't think the referees are falsifying the League, but I have never seen things like this in other countries.”

Baptista then discussed Roma's ambitions as they chase Champions League qualification.

“I am certain that we can reach Inter's level,” he said. “Now that we are playing with tranquillity we can fly high.

“It's a shame we had to deal with so many injuries, but if we can get past that then we can finish fourth.”

Roma take on Juventus this weekend and there will be an atmosphere of tension after Baptista's comments.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008

Roma forward Julio Baptista has controversially stated that referees in Serie A favour Juventus, as the Giallorossi prepare to face the Bianconeri.

There have been a number of suspect decisions in Inter's favour this term, which have prompted accusations of refereeing bias.

But Baptista seems to feel that officials have also made mistakes that benefit the Old Lady.

“In my opinion this refereeing situation doesn't just involve Inter,” the Brazilian told the Guerin Sportivo.

“I have also seen it happen with Juventus on four different occasions and it has always struck me as incredible.

“I would like to understand one day how these things happen. Against Atalanta the linesman made the wrong decision even though he was right next to the Juventus player.

“I don't think the referees are falsifying the League, but I have never seen things like this in other countries.”

Baptista then discussed Roma's ambitions as they chase Champions League qualification.

“I am certain that we can reach Inter's level,” he said. “Now that we are playing with tranquillity we can fly high.

“It's a shame we had to deal with so many injuries, but if we can get past that then we can finish fourth.”

Roma take on Juventus this weekend and there will be an atmosphere of tension after Baptista's comments.

bloody hell, idiots like baptista should jus shud the f up.....baptista is a dirty person so he should jus shud de hell up about dirty referees.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lol, that Atalanta call is really hilarious. Yes, Marchionni was offside, but he was offside some 40 metres from the goal, next to the line. He needed to make a cross 25 metres from the goal, it took two Atalanata players to miss the ball (and no good defender would have missed to clear that weak cross), so Del Piero could get the ball and score.
The chances Juve to score from that action were what? 1/20? 1/50?

It must be tough for other teams not to have many excuses about Juve's wins anymore.

But Baptista said it with a reason. He was probably told to say that. It's very important match for Roma and they need a referee who will be afraid that he'll be accused of helping Juve if he gives calls in our favor.
Actually, looking at Roma's available players, Roma will need all the ref help in the world to win the match.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

Count the wrong calls made against us in the last 2 seasons Mr. Babi-sta

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
suspend his ass! The league says to the guys to calm down after the De Rossi, Mourinho, Ranieri...war of words so that c*nt should be out also.

My guess is that they'll do sh*t and reduce De Rossi's ban so he can face us. :rolleyes:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
suspend his ass! The league says to the guys to calm down after the De Rossi, Mourinho, Ranieri...war of words so that c*nt should be out also.

My guess is that they'll do sh*t and reduce De Rossi's ban so he can face us. :rolleyes:
The more the merrier.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But Baptista said it with a reason. He was probably told to say that. It's very important match for Roma and they need a referee who will be afraid that he'll be accused of helping Juve if he gives calls in our favor.
Actually, looking at Roma's available players, Roma will need all the ref help in the world to win the match.
:agree:

Standard pre-match tactics to try and influence the ref.

No big deal.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Players who make such comments trying to influence a referee before a match should get an automatic one match suspension as standard, and that includes our own players. Otherwise any little incident now looks like a catastrophe, and referees become scared to give the 'benefactor' any decision.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003

Im fed up with idiots who only look at things from one perspective.
If you say A then you must B aswell. Its really that simple.
Comming with these onesighted accusations without reflecting on the other side, is a lack of intellect IMO.

I really have NO respect for people like that, whatsoever!

Frickin neander!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Baptista should be banned for a game or two or fined for that. If the league wants to clamp down and show some authority they need to step in immediately with disciplinary action to shut such fools up, otherwise teams are going to continue to try and indirectly influence a referees decision by scare tactics. That is disgraceful and Roma as a prominent club in Italy should show some character and teach their players some class.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Quit whinging, folks.

It's just a part of the game.

Juve did it plenty last season when Inter were getting heaps of ridiculous calls.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But when did our players come out and say anything like that thought? Besides, they weren't the ones sent into exile for a year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Roma were deprived a Scudetto last year by referees, so they are entitled to feel hard done by.
Good point red, but that has nothing to do with us does it? They can take it up with the league or referees association, not make such comments via media. Right before our game? Why couldn't he had say that 3 weeks ago? Days before our game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)