[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (8 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #142
    True, Marchisio has been playing extraordinary, but Nedved still got better vision, and I think we would need it more playing away.

I would have started Marchisio playing home though.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I just hope Gio gets a start, and if Marchisio doesnt play from start, he should get a sub in the second half, although i think he has what it takes to hold his own in away matches as well, he showed that he is good against some good midfields(milan, Chelsea), and considering roma are missing a lot of key players, he would do good.

Cant wait for saturday, got a bit spoiled with matches every three days :)

Mar 30, 2006
    I dont know why you guys are talking about Marchisio not starting. I think he is our first option in the Midfield right now. If Sissoko was fit it would prob be the both of them at all times but right now he is our only sure starter in CM. Whether Giovinco, Nedved, Sali, Poulsen plays I think we less sure. But not Marchisio .. Ranieri seems to favour him and he is in great form.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    It would be illogical taking in consideration the good spell he is having right now....and the fragility of roma´s team.

Wecan abuse them with gio

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    i think any formation needs to include both marchisio and poulsen. Roma can get intimidated easily and with momo out they are the only ones who could achieve that in the midfield.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    Its pleasing to be playing against one of the better teams in our league, when their injury list is more savage than our own.

The drubbing we gave Bologna was the first game, for a while, in which for one half at least, we dominated proceedings and could have embarrassed out opponents further. Much of that was down to Giovinco, but Brazzo played extremely well also.

I think most of the eagerness for this game is revolving around Giovinco. He must be given the chance to continue where he left off last Saturday. And if he continues to impress, then he should keep playing. I just have my concerns that once Nedved is fit once again, we will see Giovinco demoted back to the bench. Which would infuriate me like many others on these boards.

In the latter part of this season, the team we are going to keep building for next season and beyond must be given a chance to shine and gel together. I am fed up with reading even the odd one or two comments of supporters and pundits who level stupid accusations against our true jewel, Gio, by suggesting he is inconsistent. Any player who never knows when they are to play, and has played with a variety of players around him, and who is asked to perform in a position which isn't his natural position, is likely to be inconsistent...still, after last week's showing, I am hopeful that Gio will prove that he can be consistent, when we face Roma this weekend.

forza juve

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    So, I hope that people are outraged at the Juve media linking us with Mexes today, sinco they were so annoyed at Baptista's comments yesterday.

All just the normal back and forth to try and unsettle the other team.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #155
    Alessandro Del Piero: We Will Give Everything Against Roma

The number 10 has promised fans a great show against I Lupi this weekend...

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero insists his side will give their best against Roma as he pays tribute to the club's tifosi.

The legendary striker was a special guest at an official Juventus fan club which is recognised by the club in the town of Canavese near Turin. Pinturricchio spoke of all things Juve, but his main focus was the game against Roma this weekend.

"In order to pay back the fans, we will go beyond every limit, starting with Roma on Saturday," Del Piero is quoted as saying in Tuttosport.

"We are ready and very motivated for the game against the Giallorossi.

"The fans were so amazing after the Chelsea game and we want to give them more satisfaction. We will give 100 percent and more. They deserve it."

The Bianconeri clash with their Eternal city opponents on Saturday night. The reverse in Turin back in November ended 2-0 thanks to Del Piero's wonder free kick and Marco Marchionni's strike.

Mar 30, 2006
    Its pleasing to be playing against one of the better teams in our league, when their injury list is more savage than our own.

The drubbing we gave Bologna was the first game, for a while, in which for one half at least, we dominated proceedings and could have embarrassed out opponents further. Much of that was down to Giovinco, but Brazzo played extremely well also.

I think most of the eagerness for this game is revolving around Giovinco. He must be given the chance to continue where he left off last Saturday. And if he continues to impress, then he should keep playing. I just have my concerns that once Nedved is fit once again, we will see Giovinco demoted back to the bench. Which would infuriate me like many others on these boards.

In the latter part of this season, the team we are going to keep building for next season and beyond must be given a chance to shine and gel together. I am fed up with reading even the odd one or two comments of supporters and pundits who level stupid accusations against our true jewel, Gio, by suggesting he is inconsistent. Any player who never knows when they are to play, and has played with a variety of players around him, and who is asked to perform in a position which isn't his natural position, is likely to be inconsistent...still, after last week's showing, I am hopeful that Gio will prove that he can be consistent, when we face Roma this weekend.

forza juve
    Giovinco would tear Panucci and co to pieces if he plays. I hope he does, but it would not surprise me if Ranieri goes back to Nedved saying he has the experience and the tactical advantage with his defensive work and what not.

Either way though Giovinco will eventually become a starter if he is not already one after his last game. Nedved is going to stop soon and even he said it is time to leave space to the younger players ... so Ranieri will see this eventually. I just hope he sees it before Nedved's retirement when he is left with no option. Now is the best time to integrate Giovinco into our starting 11 and to work on his buildup play with his teammates. The best thing that happened for Giovinco was his performance against Chelsea who Ranieri rates too highly... he made them look like fools and proved to Ranieri he has what it takes to be the big game player/ future leader of this team. So Ranieri will want him to do the same to Roma .. whether he starts or comes off the bench when Roma are tired we will have to wait to see.

I dont think we need to be brilliant to beat Roma just solid and clinical. That is usually all it takes. If we can score a goal they usually self destruct.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    So, I hope that people are outraged at the Juve media linking us with Mexes today, sinco they were so annoyed at Baptista's comments yesterday.

All just the normal back and forth to try and unsettle the other team.
    Was that in my direction Red?;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)