[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (65 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Just a great match.But RIGHT NOW!!!we need quality fullback.
Who said DC is better than molinaro?I'd choose molinaro.Moli's cross is fcking shit,but at least he know how to defence.
DC?:sergio:
The left side needs major reinforcement more than the right side at the moment, grosso would be a major upgrade based on todays DC's performance.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Final time :Roma 1 - 3 Juventus

Boy was this a nice and hard game to watch , i had my hart stopped a few times like when Totti hit the post ,it could have easly ended 3-4 like i originally predicted .

Our new boys were simply great today ,Diego will be the best player in serie A for years to come if he keeps it up.Melo was mental ,totally loved him at the second goal ,although he went a little overboard whit the corner kick celebration :snoop:

Top of the table whit 7 points ,it looks good doesn't it ?Lets hope we won`t move from there till the end when we lift the title :juventus:
Win= 3 pts.
2 wins= 3 x 2 = 6 pts

cause math is a bitch
Typo ,was tripping whit joy from winning the game ,crucify me now :andyandbarcelona:
With

cause spelling is also a bitch
:lol: :lol: :lol: +rep for both of you

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Melo's celebration for his goal was class the way he went on his knees reminded me of nedved v real in 03.
And he looked so funny when celebrating Diego's 2nd goal :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I would love if Ciro puts Che where he belongs....on LB. Legro and canna are experienced enough to provide a good cover,especially if Melo will provide such cover as he displayed tonight. And Caceres is waiting in the line. I see no reason why Chiellini can't go back to his natural position....even more,Ibrakadabra left the Calcio :)
I agree. At first I mocked the idea but what I saw today is that he is the solution to our whole dilemma. Caceres will get a place to play, we solve our left back misery where we are trying to get Grosso (100 times Chiellini as left back over Grosso) and we might get Rafinha in the end and get ourselves going in all departments.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
:tup:
The Referee: I was worried he was going to let the game get away from him in the second half, but despite a few wobbles he kept proceedings in check

Diego: 2 GREAT goals ...very well taken...I think he should be training with Giovinco so he can teach the the kid how to build up that upper body strength in holding off opponents

Felipe Melo: an absolute ANIMAL...save for the one time he gave the ball away and conceeded a FK, he was imperial ...said during the week that he hopes to become a Juve legend...with performances like these, his place in the pantheon of greats is a sure thing

Cannavaro: another impressive to roll back the years...can't beleive this is the same fella who was mucking about at Inter and Real...if only he'd come to Juve earlier in his career!

Chiellini: shackled Totti very well and showed more in 10/15 mins at leftback than we've seen from Grygera and Co. in 2 years!

Amauri & Iaquinta: no goals, but full of running and dragging the Roma defence all over the place...forced julio sergio into two good saves as well

Tiago: the ballerina reloaded...continues to impress in the 3-man midfield...looks like a great success story in-the-making

Ferrara: keeps faith with Iaquinta & Amauri...benching Trezeguet AND Del Piero for the 2nd straight game suggests he has the ruthlessness u need 2 succeed at this level

:xfinger:

The only downside for me is our fullbacks who continue to disappoint...I'm hoping Grosso will sign before Tuesday or in the alternative Grygera, Molinaro and De Ceglie eventually step up to the plate...for now they are the chink in our armour

All-in-all an impressive showing in a very hostile atmosphere

p.s good to see Legro on...

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Well that was an excellent performance by Juve, with the Brazilians at their best.

Melo dominating that midfield, fixing mistakes all over the pitch and his casual way of playing just make him such a joy to watch. Good goal, I already started shouting at him for not giving it to Iaquinta, to then be silenced by his clean finish.

Diego.. what can one say, such a classy player. He wants to get involved whenever Juve go forward and has great vision. Absolutely love the way he fights for lost balls and simply works his ass off for the team when not in possession. What a player.

The whole team had a good game really, with a few average performers. Unfortunately I think our weakest link was DC. His defensive abilities just aren't good enough to be a stable factor and he wasn't great going forward, although he atleast managed to get 1 cross to Amauri. Grygera on the other hand, quiet going forward, but I didn't see him make any substantial mistakes defensively.

Overall a really good performance, it's noticeable the long ball play is slowly leaving the system, with some really nice 'footballing' solutions all over the pitch. It's a joy to watch.

Forza Juve.

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
WE ARE SO FUCKINGGGGGGGG GOOD !! :shocked: If it were not for our forwards poor finishing a times (IQ one on one... etc; they played good nevertheless) we would have won 5-1 at Rome :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If Canna and Chiellini keep playing as strong as they are and we finally get Sissoko next to Melo we are going to be a battleship.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Melo is one of the most badass players I've ever seen. He makes DAWGostino look like a HUGE pussy.

He's the sort of player winning trophies why everybody else hates him. I love it.
Did you see his reaction when he had to save the day after Grygera/Canna both missed their challenges? I saw him turn into the Hulk.
Funny fact of the day, Melo was the only Juve starting mid that didn't get a yellow. :shocked:

:D :beer:
The best moment of the whole match was Melo celebrating his own tackle as if he scored in the world cup final. The guy is full of passion.
guys did u see when melo tackled vucinic in the corner and did this

:lol:

:delpiero: MELO
I love you! Melo!:delpiero: Glad we didn't buy D'agostino, Secco is a genius:shifty: He's truly the definition of the Juventus Spirit:weee: .:beer: :malt: :burke:

Eirik

Feb 14, 2007
if we can keep this play up throughout the season, nothing can stop from taking the lo scudetto.
alongside with diego and melo, I also liked tiago's efforts today. he was nice and calm with the ball and kept his cool towards the end, while roma was all stressed out trying for a goal. good work today.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Melo and Diego already have the passion to be true Juventino's. Great game by the team, I just cannot get over the fact that Diego made Mexes look like a schoolboy defender for his second goal. Brilliant.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Wow,what a probably great game that was!so sry i missed the game...but u guys kept me informed! So proud of our team! Forza Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)