[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (7 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007
May 22, 2007
What a brilliant way to start the season. We dominated them for the most, and kept them on the back foot nicely. Second half was a brilliant display of football as well, and we didn't fizz out like we did last week so fitness issues not really a worry. A lot of good chances made too, but that Julio Sergio guy was determined to stop just our strikers from scoring. Only concern is for Marchisio, hopefully he just needs a few days recovery.

De Ceglie looks very uncomfortable on the ball and wastes a lot of possession. Too much for my liking. When Chiellini took over he looked very good. I'd like to see Cáceres play in CB too, maybe Chiellini can be moved out wide permanently if we find a brilliant talent from another summer signing? Bit early, and ridiculous to suggest maybe, but if it works...

Grygera was very good today as well, needs to be mentioned because I don't remember him making any mistakes and the left side for Roma was very quiet.

Diego was brilliant, what a signing we have. Fits into our team almost instantly, nice to see all our forward guys taking him to our fans to celebrate. Looks like a team which has bonded quickly. Felipe Melo, again, what a signing. Was all over the place stopping them, and he even took the time to score a debut goal. I need a gif of his celebration for Diegos second :lol2: Motm Diego :tup:

Oh, and fuck Roma. Incredibly dirty.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Our new boys were simply great today ,Diego will be the best player in serie A for years to come if he keeps it up.Melo was mental ,totally loved him at the second goal ,although he went a little overboard whit the corner kick celebration
But he's a brazilian. :lol:

Anyone got a photo of our boys celebrating diegos 2nd goal with our away supporters???? Melo make me crack up.
Man o Man. I have fallen in love with Melo. so cocky, so much charisma in this guy, No wonder he has become a fan favorite in an instant. :lol: I'm officially buying a melo jersey:beer: Can't wait for sissoko to come back, it just mouthwatering imagining these two titans demolishing our opponents.:ultra: :beer:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What about Amauri and IQ...thay run their sucks off and help'd D-fence a great deal...MOM in opinion MELO...I'm a little wory'd about Treze and DP...they didn't look to happy :(
I am sure you'll change your mind once you know that Moggi said that we overpaid for Melo.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Grygera did very well defensively and bad on offense, De ceglie was the opposite. I love the move by ferrera to put chillieni as a LB. He is out LB in the squad currently. Good going forward and solid on defense

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Melo is one of the most badass players I've ever seen. He makes DAWGostino look like a HUGE pussy.

He's the sort of player winning trophies why everybody else hates him. I love it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What a brilliant way to start the season. We dominated them for the most, and kept them on the back foot nicely. Second half was a brilliant display of football as well, and we didn't fizz out like we did last week so fitness issues not really a worry. A lot of good chances made too, but that Julio Sergio guy was determined to stop just our strikers from scoring. Only concern is for Marchisio, hopefully he just needs a few days recovery.

De Ceglie looks very uncomfortable on the ball and wastes a lot of possession. Too much for my liking. When Chiellini took over he looked very good. I'd like to see Cáceres play in CB too, maybe Chiellini can be moved out wide permanently if we find a brilliant talent from another summer signing? Bit early, and ridiculous to suggest maybe, but if it works...

Grygera was very good today as well, needs to be mentioned because I don't remember him making any mistakes and the left side for Roma was very quiet.

Diego was brilliant, what a signing we have. Fits into our team almost instantly, nice to see all our forward guys taking him to our fans to celebrate. Looks like a team which has bonded quickly. Felipe Melo, again, what a signing. Was all over the place stopping them, and he even took the time to score a debut goal. I need a gif of his celebration for Diegos second :lol2: Motm Diego :tup:

Oh, and fuck Roma. Incredibly dirty.
You know what else? I completely forgot we still have Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zebina, Caceres and Giovinco waiting to play:superhapp

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I am sure you'll change your mind once you know that Moggi said that we overpaid for Melo.
The big lesson thus far: better to overpay for fewer, quality players than an assortment of mediocre players for the same price.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Melo is one of the most badass players I've ever seen. He makes DAWGostino look like a HUGE pussy.

He's the sort of player winning trophies why everybody else hates him. I love it.
Did you see his reaction when he had to save the day after Grygera/Canna both missed their challenges? I saw him turn into the Hulk.

Jun 19, 2006
Diego is unbeliveble!!! What a player!!! And he only cost us 25 million eur! Melo was great too. Wish Amauri scored a goal. He wasted a lot of opportunities :(

Juve deserved to win today. They were far better than Roma

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #636
    Funny fact of the day, Melo was the only Juve starting mid that didn't get a yellow. :shocked:

:D :beer:

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Obviously Diego with his finishing and movement and Melo for his bullish midfield drive. But ive chosen Amauri purely cos his endless running back even to defend which he often did in this game, which amazed me. Shame he didnt score but 10/10 for his effort. Held the ball well. Must have been cos his Italian passport has arrived.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    The big lesson thus far: better to overpay for fewer, quality players than an assortment of mediocre players for the same price.
    Real Madrid will disagree with you, one should overpay a wide assortment every other season.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

I even think delpiero6's comment needs to be on the short list for post of the year. :D

Totti better put a rubber ball in his mouth because he's about to become Melo's bitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)