[Serie A] Pukebuckets 2-0 The Lost Boys April 16th, 2010 (36 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So we went on our terrible run after we beat Inter in the league earlier in the season.

Does that mean that after losing tonight, we will now start winning again!?
Seriously. This season's highlight was and will always be Marchisio's magical goal for the victory over Inter... after which everything went to hell in a handbasket.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I hold the responsibility for this defeat on Zach more than anyone else.

For the million times, we got one of our players sent off, why not keep the same formation and risk it since we got nothing to loose? Will 1point help us? Why take one of our strikers and push back hoping you would get a point?

If Zach is insisting on making a subs and introducing Poulsen why not take Diego who hasn't been playing and wasn't 100% fit and ready? Why Del Piero?

I am very disappointed with Zach because I don't think he's really aware of out current position and that 1point wouldn't help much but risking and maybe winning the match would have helped much more.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I hold the responsibility for this defeat on Zach more than anyone else.

For the million times, we got one of our players sent off, why not keep the same formation and risk it since we got nothing to loose? Will 1point help us? Why take one of our strikers and push back hoping you would get a point?

If Zach is insisting on making a subs and introducing Poulsen why not take Diego who hasn't been playing and wasn't 100% fit and ready? Why Del Piero?

I am very disappointed with Zach because I don't think he's really aware of out current position and that 1point wouldn't help much but risking and maybe winning the match would have helped much more.
Even if he wanted to increase the number of midfielders, WHY poulsen???? Why not Camoranesi or De Cegli. Players with more attacking nature than Poulsen. We already had 2 DMs on the pitch.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
i just cant understand why delpiero was sacrified and not diego? it should have been diego for camo then we could of lined it up

buffon,
zebina canna chiellini grosso
camo melo marchisio
del
iquinta

and then maybe iquinta sub for amauri....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Even if he wanted to increase the number of midfielders, WHY poulsen???? Why not Camoranesi or De Cegli. Players with more attacking nature than Poulsen. We already had 2 DMs on the pitch.
Seriously, lets take a look one more time at the formation had we kept Del Piero on the pitch...

Buffon

Zebina - Chiellini - Cannavaro - Grosso

Melo - Marchisio

Diego​

Iaquinta - Del Piero​

What is so bad about this formation? Unless Zach really wanted a defeat or 1point.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Just got this now over e-mail advertising the new Juventus Member site.

They forgot:

* più vomito
* più pensieri suicidari
* più la vergogna e l'umiliazione

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
By the way, Chievo Verona and Atalanta have less goals against than we do, with the former having 15 goals less. We are tied for the 6th worst defense in the league with Udinese.

Perhaps we need more DM's in there to resolve this issue.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I had to miss this game, I know how terrible. :( And I see that we lost, but how did we play today? Awful as usual, or was there some improvement?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
tbh poulsen should have started anyways be it for melo or momo, or even both. as for de ceglie he would have been raped if he played tonight, he cant handle the physicality

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
poulsen shouldve started i agree...the worst sub wasnt the poulsen sub it was the salihamdzic sub at the end....

sissoko has to be held mostly responsible, he could have just cost us a CL spot.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I was actually heartened and moderately impressed by most of our first half performance. Inter made better chances, but we had a couple of chances also. We were NOT second to every ball. We fought as well as Inter fought. Marchisio and Melo in the middle were both in fine form. It was one of my favourite 40 minutes or so of Melo this season...perhaps the same of Marchisio, as both were true central midfielders, cleaning up at the back, moving the game left, right, forward.

Momo was wretched. His best moment of the game came after yet another truly shocking Give Away pass. His recovery was perfect, but when a player's best moments are recovering from his own awful errors, he obviously doesn't offer anything positive to the team. The more mistakes he makes, the more frustrated he becomes, the more likely he is to pick up cards and get sent off, and conribute largely to another loss for our team. I used to love him, but not now. His passing game has become far more hurtful to our cause than his tackling and athelticism aids our cause. He is ONE of the very few reasons, my opinion of Benitez isn't dully rock bottom, because the dirty spaniard had the intelligence to realize, obviously, that Momo cannot play as part of a team which wants to pass fluidly and rapidly.

Diego...it was cool to see him back, and yet again he showed that of all our players he is the one hardest to steal the ball from, as well as without Camo, his passing is the best on the field.

DP...up for it, but up against it also. Especially with an overly static, headless chicken Iaquinta as his strike partner.

Both centrebacks, I thought, were quality.

As others have suggested...it was our fullbacks that really cost us. Zebina and Grosso are of a level that even the lower ranking teams in Serie A, would have to be desperate to use as starters.

Overall...I take some pleasure from the definite increase in spirit, from the last few weeks to last night. There was an obvious difference, but then again, I expected it, as we were playing our most bitter of rivals. And there is more than historical jousting at the top to consider...there is also the recent revelations and ongoing caliopoli trials.

The only swipe at Zach is aiming for the point once Momo got sent off and replacing a poor Iaquinta with an even poorer Amauri.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
I was actually heartened and moderately impressed by most of our first half performance. Inter made better chances, but we had a couple of chances also. We were NOT second to every ball. We fought as well as Inter fought. Marchisio and Melo in the middle were both in fine form. It was one of my favourite 40 minutes or so of Melo this season...perhaps the same of Marchisio, as both were true central midfielders, cleaning up at the back, moving the game left, right, forward.

Momo was wretched. His best moment of the game came after yet another truly shocking Give Away pass. His recovery was perfect, but when a player's best moments are recovering from his own awful errors, he obviously doesn't offer anything positive to the team. The more mistakes he makes, the more frustrated he becomes, the more likely he is to pick up cards and get sent off, and conribute largely to another loss for our team. I used to love him, but not now. His passing game has become far more hurtful to our cause than his tackling and athelticism aids our cause. He is ONE of the very few reasons, my opinion of Benitez isn't dully rock bottom, because the dirty spaniard had the intelligence to realize, obviously, that Momo cannot play as part of a team which wants to pass fluidly and rapidly.

Diego...it was cool to see him back, and yet again he showed that of all our players he is the one hardest to steal the ball from, as well as without Camo, his passing is the best on the field.

DP...up for it, but up against it also. Especially with an overly static, headless chicken Iaquinta as his strike partner.

Both centrebacks, I thought, were quality.

As others have suggested...it was our fullbacks that really cost us. Zebina and Grosso are of a level that even the lower ranking teams in Serie A, would have to be desperate to use as starters.

Overall...I take some pleasure from the definite increase in spirit, from the last few weeks to last night. There was an obvious difference, but then again, I expected it, as we were playing our most bitter of rivals. And there is more than historical jousting at the top to consider...there is also the recent revelations and ongoing caliopoli trials.

The only swipe at Zach is aiming for the point once Momo got sent off and replacing a poor Iaquinta with an even poorer Amauri.
Iaquinta or Amauri both of them are shit , but in general we had a good game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)