Serie A: Parma vs Juventus [November 11 2007] (15 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Enough with blaming the referee already. If you think the referee was bad today, well guess what Juventus were worse. There was no drive, no initiative, no desire even. The only reason we did not lose today is because Parma were ordered to sit back on a 2-0 lead. If anyone should be cursing their luck it would be the Parma fans, because they deserved a win more than Juventus. We did not lose two points today, the Gialloblu did. In fact, I will go so far as to say that the point gained today will not help us as much as if we had lost.

It is high time we face up to the fact that we have rode our luck to be where we are, and we have been allowed to get away scot-free on too many occasions where we have looked pedestrian against opposition that are supposedly struggling in the league. Today's match will only cloud the judgement of those who continue to believe that we can get away with performances of this standard which to be honest are an embarrassment.

With regards to the penalty, people have to differentiate between a dive and going down easily. Reginaldo did the latter, since there was clear contact, Zanetti having gone for the ball and missed, and clearly impeded him. A dive on the other hand is a bookable offence, mind you. If a player has the guile to play for a penalty as Reginaldo did then the defence has to be competent enough not to fall for it, which we clearly weren't.

Buffon did the little he could to prevent us from going 3-0 down at times, had Corradi and Gasbarroni made better use of their chances the scoreline could have been very different.

The defence was in shambles throughout, the only answer they had when being pressured was to pass it back to Buffon and whenever Parma forayed into our half they were split open far too easily for a team that is aiming to play in the Champions League next year. Criscito in proved to be a liability on the left, looking foolish at times.

Camoranesi was the sole bright spark in the midfield or even the whole attack for that matter, and he didn't even play particularly well, which says alot about our offensive shortcomings. Nocerino was a disaster, generally wasting possession and looking directionless throughout.

Del Piero and Trezeguet were non factors.

What we can take away from the match is an accurate picture of where we stand right now. It is time to wake up, pull the blinds, smell the coffee, take off those rose coloured glasses et cetera. Shelve those Scudetto dreams because this is a team that will struggle to give a good account of itself in Europe much less compete with Inter for the crown. And the sooner we stop castigating referees and start blaming ourselves, the better. Because when Lady Luck stops smiling on us (and believe me she has) we will find reality a bitter pill to swallow.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I was able to catch only the last 20 minutes of the game on tv, and it was a disgrace the way we were robbed of an heroic come back three pointer. With that said, I can not say if our point was deserved or not from a 90 minutes point of view since I missed the majority of the game, but judging by what you people are saying it seems we sucked so therefore I guess a draw is alright.
And also the Parmigniani or whatever the fück they're called aren't really the classiest fans in calcio so I'm glad they're not celebrating tonight.

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
Desmond, I couldnt agree more. Every game seems to be a difficult one because Ranieri's tactics arent very clear to anyone. Apart from playing an offside trap in big games, and using Iaquinta's speed behind defenders, there doesnt seem to be a strategy for the game. Our style is to adapt to opposition style, that's pretty much it- and because we dont dictate in terms of play, we struggle against small and big teams equally. Parma on the other hand realized that our rb and lb are probably our weak links, and played very well to take advantage of them thru Pisanu and Gasbaronni.

And ur right, a team that was non-existent for an hour doesnt deserve a point but regardless of what we deserve/dont deserve, we really should've come away with all three if Iaquinta's goal had stood.

I'm hoping Ranieri learnt his lesson today and will start playing Iaquinta and Tiago from the start. Nocerino is a fighter and everything, and he will improve, but him and Zanetti together dont give us the needed attacking thrust from the middle, and dont have the playmaking ability of Tiago. As for Alex, the reality of the situation is that he has scored 3 goals in 9 starts and was a 'non factor' in too many games this season- Iaquinta hasnt let Ranieri down yet, and I think he should make the 11 against Palermo.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I didn't have a feeling like this while watching a juve game for a while. The team were simply shameful. Horrible performance by our starting eleven and consequently the coach, as the tactics will not work every time.

Parma deserved much more from the game and even the 2-0 didn't show how bad the team was. Bad defending, bad passing, impotent attacks that were based on some hard work by some players. Our midfield was so overwhelmed trezi was more than once near our 18 yard box trying to retrieve and pass.

The defense was just horrible and the deficiencies in our defender's (something everyone feared when that time will come) just became evident in a very ugly way last night. They could be good tacklers, headers etc, but the positioning is simply horrible and it showed a lot.

The whole team needs to wisen up as last night i didnt see a team i just saw shadows of men on the field.

I under if Ranieri wants to use two DMs against Inter or Roma but against the small we need to hold the midfield and attack. Nocerino and zanetti can't do that and the former played his second below par game in a row but with much lower work rate. Also it was evident that grygera can't cut it on the right as we need someone with better attacking abilities and grygera even failed in his defensive duties.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that he knew what was going wrong and rectified that although i thought that tiago should've been introduced at HT with Iaquinta. But most credit to him for the brazzo sub as the others were just logical.

I know we should've won and it was a legit goal but you just can't get past a performance like this. At the beginning of the season we knew things like that were going to happen and everyone knew there was no room for error. The only thing we can do is try our best, something i didnt even remotely see last night

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
good comeback , i dont know why iaquinta is not a starter , he is better than dp in these days , too shame that his injury time goal was disallowed.
why the hell did juve sell balzaritti , IMO noone can replace him.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

good comeback , i dont know why iaquinta is not a starter , he is better than dp in these days , too shame that his injury time goal was disallowed.
Oh shut up, you didn't even write that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
When did you start having an opinion about something ?
"Your" post was so copy/pasted !!

You must put that as your username title : The CopyPaster

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
why? hes still a promising player, but ive always said he was never good enough for left back, and hes shown it quite a few times with the italy u21. he still needs time to settle and he does lack a leader to tell him what to do in defence sum1 like canna would benefit criscito greatly.
first all whether he plays centre back or left back he isnt strong enough to defend because of him we are losing points i think this year we can really qualify for ucl because milan lazio are not playing well and fiorentina and roma arent doing as well as inter

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
No one can replace Balza? Come off it, there are lots of far better fullbacks out there, sadly Chiellini is the only one we have. I was disappointed to not see him properly replaced, & the board should have done that before agreeing to let him leave. With the current board I cant say Im surprised, after all, they wasted major money in CM & left the centre of defense & fullback woefully thin.

As for the game we were very poor, too many players looked off the pace & our squad looks painfully weak in many areas, the most glaring absence being creativity, which you can only seriously see from Camo & Ale, but even this was lacking v Parma. We are short of attacking ideas & will struggle to score enough goals to achieve anything if this is not addressed in January.

Despite our poor performance, the Parma goals could & should have been avoided, the 1st yet another soft penalty for our opponents, the 2nd just flat-out bad marking by Grygera.

2nd half was much improved, although Chiellini was lloking rash & inexperienced again, just when he seemed to have gained more self control. The disallowed goal could have been left to stand, but after Calciopoli would we get another controversial goal at the Tardini?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Iaquinta: Goal Wasn't Disallowed Due To Me

Vincenzo Iaquinta has revealed that the referee who controversially disallowed his stoppage time goal at Parma yesterday did not blow for a foul by him.

Juventus launched a magnificent fight-back from 2-0 down at the Stadio Tardini to draw level at 2-2.

Deep into added-on time Iaquinta thought he had grabbed the winner after heading in a cross at the far post.

Referee Gabriele Gava controversially disallowed the goal for a foul and most people assumed that this was awarded for a push by Iaquinta on Paolo Castellini.

After the game Iaquinta can be seen asking the referee why the goal was disallowed and turning around in disbelief when given the answer.

“Someone told me that I had committed a foul on Castellini so I went and asked the referee,” said Iaquinta.

“He told me that one of my team-mates had committed the foul. He just said it generically and would not tell me the name.”

RAI’s La Domenica Sportiva show reviewed the incident at length last night and revealed that the only other Juventus player who was anywhere near Iaquinta was David Trezeguet.

Replays proved conclusively that Trezeguet, like Iaquinta, did not commit any foul, thus leaving pundits in the studio completely bemused as to the reason why the goal was disallowed.

Carlo Garganese

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)