Serie A: Parma vs Juventus [November 11 2007] (4 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Just watched the rerun and Coly really acted like a jackass the entire game. What a payaso, got me steamed up a good bit and it seems the ref shared my opinion. The Parma defender collected all game to end up with that straight red.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
if you were talking about the games against your romas or Inters, where you are obviously the weaker side than by all means start with both. But to sacrifice all the attacking flow from the midfield just to be consistent is a big no no imo, especially with the current roster of players. The big problem is that nocerino can't pass to save his life these days and he still preferred.

From what i see it is either drop nocerino and put tiago or almiron there(preferably the former) or switch the formation and drop one of the wingers or attackers. There is no other way to look at it as this rubbish needs to be rectified soon. I just hope we have some heart left for the rest of the big games where we will need it.
Would't use the word sacrifice though, I will prefer this word "restrict".

I will still pick Tiago for these games as he has experience in big games, not sure if you are agreeing with me, even though we think the same about this issue, Nocerino has his limits, and from that drastic performance against Parma it is time for a change. The only consolation is Camoranesi, who gives us that little bit of sparkle in the attack

Which leads me to wonder? Why didn't Ranieri give Iaquinta and Tiago a starting place knowing what they can give in the game in that crazy 15 minutes?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Robbed or not, there is no excuse for our poor play. In the final 15 minutes we scored those three goals so easily. Had we approached the game properly, we could've and should've won easily.
No. The problem was not the players we don't have, the problem is the lack of effort from the players(and coach?) we do have.

:tup: :pint:

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Robbed or not, there is no excuse for our poor play. In the final 15 minutes we scored those three goals so easily. Had we approached the game properly, we could've and should've won easily.
just name one side from seriea which has won a game when refree has given a soft penalty to the opponent and ruled out a legal goal

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Everyone who has stated that we need to start acting and playing like men is dead right in this discussion. There are far too many people here who are starting to become Inter fans through all this imbecilic whining. To be honest, we play so poorly nowadays that we don't deserve any calls to go in our favor. This side is seemingly in shambles and if Tiago is not in the starting XI, barring any inadvertent injuries, I will start to ponder firing Ranieri despite being only three months into the season.

Sep 19, 2006
Everyone who has stated that we need to start acting and playing like men is dead right in this discussion. There are far too many people here who are starting to become Inter fans through all this imbecilic whining. To be honest, we play so poorly nowadays that we don't deserve any calls to go in our favor. This side is seemingly in shambles and if Tiago is not in the starting XI, barring any inadvertent injuries, I will start to ponder firing Ranieri despite being only three months into the season.
same here.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Exactly thats what i've been saying from the beginning. Enough with the "we were robbed" and conspiracy crap. We didn;t play well enough and thats the main point as far as I am concerned.
I just hope the players and the coach are not even remotely thinking in the same manner, or then we will be doomed
Would't use the word sacrifice though, I will prefer this word "restrict".

I will still pick Tiago for these games as he has experience in big games, not sure if you are agreeing with me, even though we think the same about this issue, Nocerino has his limits, and from that drastic performance against Parma it is time for a change. The only consolation is Camoranesi, who gives us that little bit of sparkle in the attack

Which leads me to wonder? Why didn't Ranieri give Iaquinta and Tiago a starting place knowing what they can give in the game in that crazy 15 minutes?
We need to get some stability with the formation and the personnel, but they need to compliment eachother to produce the desired result. Now the key their is "result", Ranieri will have to determine what is that.Right now i dont think we can play ugly and win, but we are scoring goals when some risks are taken. When some flow comes to the attack consequently we could sure up the defense by many ways.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sateeh said:
We need to get some stability with the formation and the personnel, but they need to compliment eachother to produce the desired result. Now the key their is "result", Ranieri will have to determine what is that.Right now i dont think we can play ugly and win, but we are scoring goals when some risks are taken. When some flow comes to the attack consequently we could sure up the defense by many ways.
I hope they do it quick enough, right now things are not looking good for us, especially in this manner. Tiago should still be in the starting XI to help us solve this.
Same for Iaquinta, which is why I propose having Tiago and Iaquinta starting since you can see how dangerous both of them can be. I know I always say give people a chance, but at this tense moment something has to be done. Right now the atmosphere is not good, as you said better the players should buck up and sharpen things up before we sink into this "screw the referee" thing.

The only thing Juventus can do now is to be focused and find the correct way to play well and convincingly to defeat our opponents flat, defensive wise and attacking wise. Currently our performances are so bad that it makes Buffon do so much work. IMO it is possible that Juve can be strong with this team, but there is still something amiss mentality wise, that's y we have people with so much passion like Iaquinta in our team to help out. Iaquinta is and will always be a good buy, I'm so pleased that Iaquinta is bought in despite having so much criticism of him before he played his 1st official game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)