Serie A: Parma vs Juventus [November 11 2007] (7 Viewers)

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
1 Internazionale 11 25
2 Fiorentina 12 23
3 Juventus 12 22
4 Roma 11 22
5 Udinese 12 22
6 Atalanta 11 18
7 Palermo 12 18
8 Sampdoria 12 17
9 Napoli 12 15
10 Catania 12 15
11 AC Milan 11 14
12 Genoa 12 14
13 Torino 12 13
14 Parma 12 12
15 Lazio 11 10
16 Siena 12 9
17 Cagliari 11 9
18 Reggina 12 9
19 Livorno 12 9
20 Empoli 12 9

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
I didn't watch this game so I can't say whether he would have fit better. The reason I don't trust Tiago for first team spot is that we really do have a weak defense regardless of Legro-Chiellini revelation. We need players who can guarentee our midfield's safety, ofcourse sacrificing midfield creativity.

THe times that I've seen Tiago, he just doesn't look comfortable enough and gets himself into trouble. I agree he needs playing time, but there is the risk of him disrupting the compactness of midfield. Free kicks and 1-2 deadly passes are abilities that are lovely to have in the first team, but not at the expense of the crucial midfield.

With that said though, I would recomend him being played more often against mid to low table teams. And we do need Iaquinta to be played from the start.

You can play different ways in the midfield. I think C.Zanetti can handle it alone and doesnt need support of Nocerino. There are people here screaming for Diego, but he plays in the same role as Tiago does. And if Tiago loses the ball, then it will not be before the defence, because his position where he gets the ball will generally be behind our 2 strikers.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Agreed. In the Cagliari game when he got angry and he was about to unleash his power, Gigi came over and shouted him down. The problem is that Gigi can't be there all the time, and in defense I can't see one player who will calm him down. Ciro or Fabio Canna would have. None currently. :confused:
I guess he's one the respect of some of his less prestigous teamates, surely against Inter Chiellini sent out a "this is my Juve" shout...

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
We've failed to exploit every opportunity we've gotten this season to cut Inter's lead. If Juve don't get a kick in the ass right now we could lose the season in the coming games before winter break.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
You can play different ways in the midfield. I think C.Zanetti can handle it alone and doesnt need support of Nocerino. There are people here screaming for Diego, but he plays in the same role as Tiago does. And if Tiago loses the ball, then it will not be before the defence, because his position where he gets the ball will generally be behind our 2 strikers.
Tiago losses them around the halfway point of the field, which is an unexceptable area to lose the ball.

I think Zanetti can handle it alone too, but Tiago has to be more consistant going forward, meaning he causes real danger so that he doesn't just become Zanetti's burden. Diego has the ball control and dribble, the guy will win more free kicks than lose balls. You need somebody to spearopen the defence from midfield then Diego is the guy.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I didn't watch this game so I can't say whether he would have fit better. The reason I don't trust Tiago for first team spot is that we really do have a weak defense regardless of Legro-Chiellini revelation. We need players who can guarentee our midfield's safety, ofcourse sacrificing midfield creativity.

THe times that I've seen Tiago, he just doesn't look comfortable enough and gets himself into trouble. I agree he needs playing time, but there is the risk of him disrupting the compactness of midfield. Free kicks and 1-2 deadly passes are abilities that are lovely to have in the first team, but not at the expense of the crucial midfield.

With that said though, I would recomend him being played more often against mid to low table teams. And we do need Iaquinta to be played from the start.
But that can change the game entirely.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Tiago losses them around the halfway point of the field, which is an unexceptable area to lose the ball.

I think Zanetti can handle it alone too, but Tiago has to be more consistant going forward, meaning he causes real danger so that he doesn't just become Zanetti's burden. Diego has the ball control and dribble, the guy will win more free kicks than lose balls. You need somebody to spearopen the defence from midfield then Diego is the guy.
:agree:

time for Tiago to prove his worth as a starter !! .. I'd like to see him having his shot instead of Nocerino!

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
we should forget about Inter. It's obvious that we have the refs against us game after game, no way we can compete with Inter in this way as they already have a much stronger squad.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
But that can change the game entirely.
If we cant keep hold of the midfield, we might be down a few goals before those momments of brilliance comes.

Ranieri is going for consistancy, we need to get through to winter break in a respectable position not neccessarily first or second. With consistancy comes confidance, we've gone along way from serie B, Ranieri is doing good by my books.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
it's clear now that we need tiago. He's at least a good distibutor of the ball. In that aspect he exceeds by far nocerino and zanetti. Zanetti and Nocerino in the midfield, ok that works but who's gonna pass the ball when alex is off-form and nedved is absent ? C.R is supposed to tinker more IMO because playing always the same tacticts is just stupid and it won't works all the time.

Squall

Nov 3, 2007
It seems that our players all have great spirit and determination, though their overall performance is below than average. If that's what Ranieri is good at, I think that he should work as a motivator for the team or something while letting another manager handle the tactics and line-ups..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)