Serie A: Parma vs Juventus [November 11 2007] (25 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Parma 2 - 2 Juventus
Gasbarroni pen 42 (P), Pisanu 57 (P), Legrottaglie 75 (J), Iaquinta 82 (J)
Stadio Tardini

Juventus completed an extraordinary comeback from 2-0 down to earn a point at the Tardini in this ill-tempered encounter with three red cards.

Claudio Ranieri returned to the stadium that made him a hero last season when he salvaged Parma from almost certain relegation. There was no time for sentiment, as Juve needed maximum points to keep up the pressure on leaders Inter. Fernando Couto and Pavel Nedved were suspended.

The Gialloblu's last win in this fixture was a 1-0 result in March 2002, followed by two draws and as many defeats. There was a subdued atmosphere after the tragic death of a Lazio fan this morning, accidentally shot by a police officer during an apparent brawl with Juventus supporters in a motorway service station.

Stefano Morrone and Andrea Pisanu turned headers off target as Parma got off to a good start. Nicola Legrottaglie nodded wide from a corner kick for Juve.

Gianluigi Buffon needed to keep his wits about him to rush out and spread his body to parry Reginaldo's smart shot from point-blank range.

The referee pointed to the spot for a soft penalty when Reginaldo tried to squeeze between two defenders, Cristiano Zanetti seeming to clip his trailing leg. Juventus youth product Andrea Gasbarroni stepped up and buried a powerful spot-kick under the crossbar to beat Buffon.

Vincenzo Iaquinta replaced the quiet Alex Del Piero at half-time, but the Gialloblu certainly did not sit back and defend, as Under-21 international Luca Cigarini fired over from the edge of the area.

Parma doubled their advantage on 57 minutes. Gasbarroni was again involved, his run wreaking havoc down the right before Pisanu's chest and strike at the back post, avoiding Zdenek Grygera.

One of the first real shots on target from Juve came from Mauro Camoranesi to sting Luca Bucci's palms and from the resulting corner Nicola Legrottaglie nodded wide.

Morrone failed to make the most of a promising counter-attack, while Bucci tipped a Tiago Mendes lob over the bar.

Juventus finally got a foothold in the game 15 minutes from time, as Legrottaglie rose to get a flicked header on to Tiago's free kick, turning it in at the near post from nine yards.

The tension exploded at the Tardini with two red cards. Domenico Morfeo had been on the field for all of 30 seconds when he got involved in a scuffle with Giorgio Chiellini. The Juve defender came in with a sliding tackle and Morfeo appeared to grab his neck in retaliation. The Parma player was so angry he had to be held back by several of his teammates.

It didn't knock Juve off their stride, as Iaquinta completed the comeback at full stretch to tap in Hasa Salihamidzic's cross touched on by David Trezeguet. Iaquinta was being held back by Ferdinand Coly at the time, but still managed to get the final touch in.

Coly also saw red for going through the back of Cristiano Zanetti in quite a harsh decision. Juventus thought they had equalised in stoppages, but the referee disallowed the goal, as Iaquinta appeared to push Castellini.

Parma: Pavarini; Coly, Falcone, M Rossi, Castellini; Pisanu (Morfeo 77), Morrone, Cigarini, Gasbarroni (Dessena 69); Reginaldo (Matteini 88), Corradi

Juventus: Buffon; Grygera (Salihamidzic 64), Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Criscito; Camoranesi, Nocerino (Tiago 58), C Zanetti, Palladino; Trezeguet, Del Piero (Iaquinta 46)

Ref: Gava

Sent off: Morfeo 75 (P), Chiellini 75 (J), Coly 92 (P)

No push.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Even in Tiago's so called best perforamance against Empoli, I really didn't see how he could handle the midfield. He just seems so out of gear, sure he's got that deadly pass that Zanetti and Nocerino don't, but he's not doing it consistantly enough yet and he's not doing the other things enough.
He loses the ball too much and doesn't properly cover the midfield positions that well. I could say the same about Elmiron, but he's got better ball control than Tiago.
50-50, we have seen too much of Zanetti - Nocerino, it is time to let Tiago step up the field and see how he performs in this game before we can make such a judgement valid. This is the type of game where Tiago should be given a chance yet Ranieri insists on choosing the former duo and to make things look horrible. Hopefully Ranieri wakes up and gives Tiago a chance to prove himself like he did against Parma

TBH our midfield is still on the developing, which is why I'm anticipating Giovinco

rldyu

Sep 6, 2004
two more points:

1. palladino is a good promising young talent but he's just too green to play regularly at the moment. he had good unpolished technique, but he really needs to learn to dribble the ball less. he can be a very good player in 2/3 yrs with the right training and attitude.

2. chiellini is too hot headed, someone really needs to calm him down!!!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't know really .. the ref was really controversial .. maybe he disallowed the goal cause he felt guilty about Colly's red !! which is not right by any means .. and it led to juve's winner ..
And he conceded the Red card to Coly, because he felt quilty for the undeserved penalty, the ref was a joke, no matter how you look at this, his licence should be canceled and sent back to ref school...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
OMFG, what a thriller match!!! I considered turning off the game but I stayed and haven´t regret it.

As much as terrible we were in first 60 minutes I feel robbed aagin. Why the hell was that goal disallowed?! It was perfectly good to me. That´s the 2nd time Iaquinta´s seemingly regular goal is disallowed. (1st time vs Udinese).

And then the non-existant penalty for Parma. That means that despite the bad performance we should have won the match.

Coly´s card was a bit harsh but the match was extremely tense in the 2nd half and it was hard for referee to make all the decisions right, and thus he fucked up.

I wonder what will the reactions from Collina be? It seems that the Juventus games are the most controversial, almost always we see red cards and penalties.

I want some explanations from Collina as there were questionable calls again.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Red card #1 and #2 - If Chiellini kept his calm he wouldn't/shouldn't have been red carded but apparently he never learns to keep his calm
I really love Giorgio. He has huge heart and he's a great fighter. But he should really see a psychiatrist. He's losing it so easy. This wasn't the first time this season he over-reacts. It's an instict, i know, but he just has to put it together, calm down and concentrate on the game only.
I know injustice hurts and that is why he was over-reacting against Cagliari and Napoli. But he's doing the same whenver someone fauls him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And he conceded the Red card to Coly, because he felt quilty for the undeserved penalty, the ref was a joke, no matter how you look at this, his licence should be canceled and sent back to ref school...
sending coly off may of been a mistake but to disallow the goal for no reason is another

1 mistake is better than 2

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As I said I don't think it was a non-existant...it was a 50-50 call. a tight one.
Apart from the mistakes and the close calls, in this game we have only ourselves to blame. This is not how a team playing a complete game against the league leaders turn up against relegation battlers.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
This correcting mistakes by making more blatant mistakes approach should be really eradicated from referees heads.
YA ..

Bottom line: a win is deserved for our last 15 minutes .. before that I was really bored of watching the game .. and we saw Stu and Angela taking off because it was really frustrating ..

again it sucks that we can only score in the second half .. and subs always have a hand in it !!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
That's 6 pk's in 11 games vs Juve now?

we should be 7pts+ with all the ref "mistakes" and make a list on our official site like Milan did a couple of times. :D

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I'm not giving out excuses .. I'm just saying that he might felt guilt ! ..

as Badass said .. 1 mistake is better than 2 !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)