[Serie A] Parma - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2003
Capello relished rest Monday 27 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello concedes the Christmas break came at the right time for a tired Juventus, but denies there will be any January signings.

“Our performance against Milan was not up to scratch and it proved we were very tired,” said the Coach as training resumed in Turin. “Now the players are more relaxed and will begin another type of fitness preparation to get us to the end of the season on top form.”

The Bianconeri maintained their four-point lead over Milan despite a disappointing performance in the Scudetto showdown that ended goalless.

“This break really was needed and allowed everyone to recover their energy levels ahead of the restart on January 6.”

Gianluca Zambrotta has been given an extra 24 hours of rest after arriving back from the tsunami-hit Maldives early this morning, while the South Americans will join in training on Tuesday. The press is already looking ahead to the January transfer window, but Capello was quick to close it.

“There will be no new arrivals mid-season,” assured the Coach. “We are waiting for David Trezeguet to recover from his shoulder surgery and he’ll be the only reinforcement Juventus need.”

With the French hitman returning to the side in late January, this leads some to wonder how Alessandro Del Piero fits in the line-up.

“Del Piero is definitely not out of the equation and we can experiment with new tactics. As for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, we all knew his qualities, but he has settled in very quickly.”

Capello may claim there are to be no new signings, but he was less certain when it came to the potential departures of Mark Iuliano, Alessio Tacchinardi, Igor Tudor and Nicola Legrottaglie.

“It’s not nice to wash ones dirty linen in public,” said the former Roma Coach. “We’ll all wait and see what happens.”

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
all these things about recharging the batteries in the winter break is ( for me ) nonesense cause the professional footballer doesn't need a 2 weeks break to retain his top form cause if we just remember what happened month ago , Juve's starters rested for almost 2 weeks when the team played in coppa , but the result was 2-2 with Inter after we were up 2-0 , so all this is media talking only !!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
all these things about recharging the batteries in the winter break is ( for me ) nonesense cause the professional footballer doesn't need a 2 weeks break to retain his top form cause if we just remember what happened month ago , Juve's starters rested for almost 2 weeks when the team played in coppa , but the result was 2-2 with Inter after we were up 2-0 , so all this is media talking only !!
It was clear that the players were tired and fatigue had the better of them. Capello used virtually the same set of players week in week out whereas other teams's managers rotated players and took alot of time to settle with a solid formation, such as Inter's Mancini who must have used more than 20 players in his different formations throughout the first half of the season.

Players like Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Emerson, Camoranesi, and Nedved who form the backbone of the team where worn out and they deserve a rest after the hard and difficult matches that they have endured since the start of the season.

Add to that Juve have started this season earlier than expected to play in the Champions League third qualifying round against Djurgarden.

I think the break came in a perfect time with respect to Juve as they team was also sliding down and the performances weren't as convincing as the start of the season. So there is time to reflect for Capello and his players to improve and start playing well starting with the match against Parma.

As for Milan, it came in a bad time as the team had finally 'clicked' and started winning matches with style, reminicent of Milan of last season.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
I wanna see a back line of Legro-Iuliano next year ....
It has been a while since the last time we see a funny fatal error by our deffenders :D:D:D:D

Canna I love U

wait till we win the scudetto then we do that :)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
I know if we field this pair we would battle with Siena to avoid Serie B
Hhahahhaha!! really true. But Montero has been good when he played, Only legro will fvck up :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
I agree..
If they were really tiered, than there must be something wrong in the training... take a look at english teams.. the are playing since 4 months, and this week 2 games in 3 days, and nobody is so "tiered" like juve players..
anyway I hope I am wrong.
It is going to be very hard against Parma.. it has been allways difficult aginst them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)