[Serie A] Parma 1-2 JUVENTUS (January 6th, 2010) (1 Viewer)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'm quite satisfied. A win away to Parma is always a good result, for every team.
Sure, it was not a brilliant game, but at least we saw the will to win, even some passion. Some positive signs, but there is still a long way to go.

For what it's worth some thoughts about the individual players:

Manninger 6 - Mostly quiet evening but there when called upon.
Caceres 4,5 - Not a good game. Quite a few difficulties at the back & his attacking work was lacklustre. The incredibly foolish (considering he had already been booked) finished his game.
Legrottaglie 5,5 - Overall he did pretty damn good: some nice interceptions, decent positioning. Shame he got schooled by Amoruso for the goal.
Chiellini 6,5 - Good game. Our most consistent player imo.
Grosso 5,5 - Coupled the good with the bad.
Salihamidzic 6 - Decent, but he was a bit rash at times, resulting in quite a few small mistakes. Brilliant, Trez- like positioning on the goal.
Melo 5 - Some improvement over his last games, but still a terrible decision maker at times.
Poulsen 5,5 - Important to have him out there today, but there were moments where he completely lacked any sense of awareness, which lead to bad decision making.
Marchisio 6 - We're obviously not going to get the best out of him on this position, but I feel he coped well enough.
Diego 6,5 - Not brilliant & too many mistakes in his game for my liking. But still, he was involved in pretty much everything we tried (which admittedly wasn't much) & he was definitely our most influential player.
Trezeguet 5,5 - Injured too early. Looked lively

Amauri 5 - The break has not affected his form, sadly. Can't fault his workrate, but everything looks so difficult for him at the moment.
Grygera -
De Ceglie -

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I guess the guy is just trying to be positive and get some confidence back into his team. IF he just said how sh*t they played and the new formation didnt work, well that would take away anyones mojo after a win.
Understandably.

But since we all here are not in Ferrara´s position, we can all agree that we played VERY BAD today.

Melo and Leggro were just ugly, specially leggro for that first goal, i mean the guy doesnt even jumped.

Caceres was doing ok but got send off.

Poulsen is kind of stupid sometimes giving the ball without even thinking to who he will pass. Is annoying.

Diego tried a lot but is SOOO isolated that is kind of sad. No one, i mean no one can go along with him to make 1-2 passes or plays, everyone there are like statues when the time comes to build a play.

Manninger did the safe of the game in that amoruso shot, if not who knows would have happened.

Trezeguet was promising and actually looked danerous but he got injured, tough luck
Overall bad performance, we are in the same thing and the only positive is that we got 3 points... the rest..... was not convingcing.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I'm quite satisfied. A win away to Parma is always a good result, for every team.
Sure, it was not a brilliant game, but at least we saw the will to win, even some passion. Some positive signs, but there is still a long way to go.

Caceres 4,5 - Not a good game. Quite a few difficulties at the back & his attacking work was lacklustre. The incredibly foolish (considering he had already been booked) finished his game.
Legrottaglie 5,5 - Overall he did pretty damn good: some nice interceptions, decent positioning. Shame he got schooled by Amoruso for the goal.
Salihamidzic 6 - Decent, but he was a bit rash at times, resulting in quite a few small mistakes. Brilliant, Trez- like positioning on the goal.
Melo 5 - Some improvement over his last games, but still a terrible decision maker at times.
Poulsen 5,5 - Important to have him out there today, but there were moments where he completely lacked any sense of awareness, which lead to bad decision making.
Marchisio 6 - We're obviously not going to get the best out of him on this position, but I feel he coped well enough.
Diego 6,5 - Not brilliant & too many mistakes in his game for my liking. But still, he was involved in pretty much everything we tried (which admittedly wasn't much) & he was definitely our most influential player.

Amauri 5 - The break has not affected his form, sadly. Can't fault his workrate, but everything looks so difficult for him at the moment.
Grygera -
De Ceglie -
:tup:

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Understandably.

But since we all here are not in Ferrara´s position, we can all agree that we played VERY BAD today.

Melo and Leggro were just ugly, specially leggro for that first goal, i mean the guy doesnt even jumped.
For me Melo is a mystery, the guy is good normally. Had a great season with Fiorentina and started well for Juve. Even played well for Brazil. But now he's playing no better then someone in my sunday league. Maybe its a brazilian gene, after all it happened to ronaldinho, adriano and others.

In my opinion those type of players only play well when confident and enjoying life. Then you have others like Nedved, who are always professional on the pitch and always consistent.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For me Melo is a mystery, the guy is good normally. Had a great season with Fiorentina and started well for Juve. Even played well for Brazil. But now he's playing no better then someone in my sunday league. Maybe its a brazilian gene, after all it happened to ronaldinho, adriano and others.

In my opinion those type of players only play well when confident and enjoying life. Then you have others like Nedved, who are always professional on the pitch and always consistent.
Now that u mention it, it seems that is a trend among the brazilians.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
It has been a long time since it has been "fun" watching this team. Not to take away from a good result, but we look like a bottom table side on weekly basis that struggles to grind out results. This isn't Juve.

And I love this :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Absolutely, but a win was needed as a starting point.

You can't go from awful to amazing over night, so you improve little by little.

I hope this game signals a change in tactics from Ferrara.

To Hell with trying and failing to play possession football. Get back to what Juve has done well in recent years: 4-4-2 (or similar) with lots of hard work and good organisation.

At least this way the team is less likely to lose a goal per game on the counter attack.
So after one game in which we won via an own goal, played absolutely pathetically just as we usually do, the straight 4-4-2 is the savior again.

We could have easily lost that game, so I don't buy it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Grygera -
De Ceglie -
I don't agree with your ratings. Legrottaglie was a walking disaster who not only missed the mark for the goal, but was owned several times away from goal and also missed tackling Parma players twice in the box. Chiellini had to bail his ass out so many times you couldn't even keep track of the exact number.

Amauri deserves more than a 5 for his work put in after Caceres got sent off. He held up the ball quite superbly with zero help around him, which took pressure off our defense and was crucial in keeping the points.

Not sure how a disaster player like Legro deserves a better rating than Amauri, a player who actually did something constructive today.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Grygera -
De Ceglie -
that first sentence explains these ratings

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #473
    It has been a long time since it has been "fun" watching this team. Not to take away from a good result, but we look like a bottom table side on weekly basis that struggles to grind out results. This isn't Juve.

And I love this :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOWWgn-aA_k
    Hey guys watch this vid. It's Bettega's reaction after the game. He almost took the guy's arm off. :lol:

Screw the new Juve on all 4's taking it without answering back. F*ck the sympathetic Juve, this is the spirit I want the players and coach to have. :beer:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    Well i unfortunately couldn't watch this game today but from reading the last 3 pages i can pretty much work out that nothing really changed in our performance today than before christmas, if anything it seems like we were lucky to get 3 points.

Also i was following the game on score centre on my phone and it told me we has less posession, 3 shots on target and 1 shot off target. Please someone tell me that my phone is a liar!

What a legend he is. Good to have some cojones in our management structure!

Mar 28, 2007
    Hey guys watch this vid. It's Bettega's reaction after the game. He almost took the guy's arm off. :lol:

Screw the new Juve on all 4's taking it without answering back. F*ck the sympathetic Juve, this is the spirit I want the players and coach to have. :beer:
    guys. i look thru the juventus facebook and copied what other say. some pretty true to me esp those bold.

Hamza Choudhry - haha ..he needs to calm down...hes just come back and people are still skeptical ove rhim...let him do his work and get ppl through his work not but being "angry" it wont achieve much as an executive
    about an hour ago · Report

Joseph El-Cassabgui - Who was that guy who's hand Bettega pulled?
    about an hour ago · Report

Aaron Giambattista - It's good to see someone angry for once
    10 minutes ago · Report

Kerry 'Drughi' - Walcott kinda resembles molinaro dont u think lololol
    8 minutes ago · Report

Beppe Sammut - i agree.......we need someone with balls......secco blanc and cobolli always played the nice guys.......bettega is the best dirigente that we have
    8 minutes ago · Report

Danny Penza - Secco and Blanc just stood there. Bettega is the only one of those three with a pair. The other two are just f'ing robots that show no emotion.
    6 minutes ago · Report

Hamza Choudhry - true but in a buisness sense if he is the president of parma..we need to be a bit more professional about it...but then again thats the beauty of calcio...the wild card factor hahah
    4 minutes ago · Report

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    Well i unfortunately couldn't watch this game today but from reading the last 3 pages i can pretty much work out that nothing really changed in our performance today than before christmas, if anything it seems like we were lucky to get 3 points.

Also i was following the game on score centre on my phone and it told me we has less posession, 3 shots on target and 1 shot off target. Please someone tell me that my phone is a liar!

What a legend he is. Good to have some cojones in our management structure!
    ur phone's a liar...we had 2 shots on target

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)