[Serie A] Palermo-Juventus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoBi

Dec 22, 2005
swag said:
Am I to presume that rather than have a team 16-1-1 at 11 points atop the Serie A table and one of the favorites to win the CL, you would instead prefer some other person? Please explain. What is the logical justification for such a statement?

Please, I want to understand your rationale here. Because from here, you're talking out of the wrong end of your digestive tract until proven otherwise.
You are right, i completely agree with you and what you said previously.

RoBi

Dec 22, 2005
I think that the time he subbed Zlatan tbats when Zlatan seemed to be knocking on the door. Del Piero didn't really have much time but a substitution has the ability to bring the biggest changes and i think that he used that cautiously. Zlatan seemed to be saving himself as well. Capello should make him go after the balls and not leave the game when the plays aren't over. He needs to talk to him about that before it gets too late.
But all in all I think that Capello is an amazing coach. He is indeed a great motivatior and a demanding coach. Capello is realistic over Del Pieros abilites and tahts what i like.

Mutu was fantastic today.

Two days ago i wished for Mutu to find his form, because he is an extremely talented player. and today he scored both goals. Maybe my wish is coming true. Juve will bring his parma days im sure, he played very well in left midfield. Forza Mutu!!

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Vinman said:
We faced a Palermo team that is struggling this season

We faced a Palermo team that haven't won more than a few matches (UEFA and Coppa included) in November and December

We faced a Palermo team that lost their best player, Luca Toni, and was replaced by 2 players ; Makinwa and Carraciolo, who combined dont equal Toni

We faced a Palermo team that has a a coach on the hotseat, and an owner threatening to get rid of its international players

We faced a Palermo team that is NOWHERE the talent of last season....

and we were LUCKY to win

We looked like a bad rendition of a Chinese fire drill out there....

the passes were bad, the shots sucked, the flicks got us nowhere, the takeaways against us were almost laughable, and we somehow won the game

I have to ask myself...did we have a gameplan ????

what are our tactics ???

We really looked like a bunch of idiots out there tonight, with NO purpose

and I think the clincher of it all, to show that Cap doesnt know what the hell he is doing lies in our goalscorer, Adrian Mutu. He proved tonight that he is NOT, and I repeat NOT a fucking winger...HE IS A STRIKER !!!!!!!!

both goals were good finishes in FRONT of the net (btw- any decent team with a good defense would have cleared the ball away on the first goal)

to the ratings-

Abbiati- did a good job in there...cant be blamed for the goal 6.5

Chiellini- this guy couldnt cover a 7 year old girl in a youth game....passing is deplorable...reminds me of the second coming of Legrotaglie...SELL HIM TO VENEZIA !!! 4

Cannavaro- not the best in the air on crosses, but better than the rest of the D 6

Thuram- not good in the air, made Caracciolo look like Toni 5

Pess- cant cover or clear the ball anymore...time is up, I'm sorry 4.5

Emerson- was just ok today 6

Vieira- bad passing, was clumsy out there...disappointing 5.5

Camo- not his best game, but was fair 6

Mutu- Man of the match, scored 2 goals from in front of the net, where he belongs 7

Zlatan- the dribbling, flicking, circus clown shows up again...wont pass to teammates when the opportunity is there....may have a future in the NFL with those powerful kicks which soar over the net 5

Trezeguet- finally got some service late in the second half , but couldnt capitalize 5.5

Capello (3.5) - someone tell me the point of bringing DP into the game with 3 minutes left ?? Zlatan was having another shit game, and Cap wont pull the trigger. The tactics we are using do not work...if we are even using any (I cant tell), the 4-4-2 doesnt suit this team well, and we are playing guys out of position.

This is all a recipe for disaster, and when we face a team that has a solid midfield, and decent strikers, we are finished !!

This reality will happen a month from now, when we face Bremen in the CL...mark my words
this is what makes me nervous. I really think that we have no plan..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Vinman said:
I have to ask myself...did we have a gameplan ????

what are our tactics ???

This reality will happen a month from now, when we face Bremen in the CL...mark my words
I have a question for you, from what you've seen from Juve games this season, do you believe that we approach all games in the same way?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
You can as well answer the same question I asked Vinman.
a top team should be able to tight the game in midfield. It is not possible to let so many chances to our opponents. There was a situation yesterday which showed everything: a palermo player had the ball in midfield, what happend then? Viera, Emerson both attacked him, and he just passed the ball to the player behind them and he had so much space then. if a team is trying to press then the whole team must do that and not only 2 players, and this is exactly the reason why we are not controlling the midfield.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maresca said:
a top team should be able to tight the game in midfield. It is not possible to let so many chances to our opponents. There was a situation yesterday which showed everything: a palermo player had the ball in midfield, what happend then? Viera, Emerson both attacked him, and he just passed the ball to the player behind them and he had so much space then. if a team is trying to press then the whole team must do that and not only 2 players, and this is exactly the reason why we are not controlling the midfield.
That was one incident in one game and you still did not answer my question. The phrase that you started your argument has been repeated on this forum more than a thousand times, it really makes no sense anymore. Since you didn't answer the question, I'll ask you another. Have you heard of something called 'la loi du moindre effort'? Well if you have and you really know Juve, then you won't say what you are saying.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
That was one incident in one game and you still did not answer my question. The phrase that you started your argument has been repeated on this forum more than a thousand times, it really makes no sense anymore. Since you didn't answer the question, I'll ask you another. Have you heard of something called 'la loi du moindre effort'? Well if you have and you really know Juve, then you won't say what you are saying.
I did not hear about this??

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
we were lucky to get out of this game with the three points
we were lucky against lazio too

anyway 3 points is the idea , luck is a different issue

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
:disagree:

It's getting really boring and predictable. It's the same I see, after every match. The same negative shit, just for the sake of it. No i'm not talking about Capello's game.. I'm talking about the Andy's the Vinmans, Azzurri7's etc. Why do I get the feeling you have written your match reports before the match has even started?
The trend has become, on this forum, to try to criticize the team in the same way andy and vinman do.
Capello no gameplan? That's laughable. Noone plays as tactically cold and effective as Capello does. Oh yes, we only win because of superiour players and we should play more like Barcelona does. Think to yourself for one moment, ' how does Barcelona win' ?

That's right due to their superiour attacking players. If there's someone who isn't tactically astute it's Rijkaard, with his ajax tactics of simply throwing everbody forward. Teams like that get caught out against tactical(key word here) teams, ala Chelsea in 2005.

Now I know Capello hasn't been great every match, but you can't argue with his winning ways. He has created such a stable winning team. Look at how 'easily' we turned around the match yesterday, where's the credit for that?
It's almost as if you're all blaming Capello for winning.
Yes we lost two games in an ugly fashion this year, but those are only two games. One of them we turned around the following matchday.

Back to Capello's gameplan. I for one think it's very effective, they way he organises the team. Blabla predictable 4-4-2. That's not true. For starters it's more of a 4-2-2. With Mutu(normally Nedved) and Camoranesi as offensive midfielders, not as wingers. They play in the middle much more than they play on the side, Mutu and Camo cut in more then they cut out.
The sides are being occupied by the backs, they offer our width. It's what (normally) allows zambrotta and chiellini some space, but most people do not want to see that. IT doesn't work like that always, but you've got to keep in mind that Palermo for example play with offensive wingers, you can't let your backs run forward and neglect the defence in such a situation..

Anyway, people should stop with this anti- Capello bias and be less spoiled and watch the games more objectively. I know this post won't make me popular, but I hate these silly posts.

edit: Forgot my ratings:

Abbiati 7.5 Excellent
Pessotto 6 Not bad, more than I expected to be honest.
Thuram 5.5-6 Not bad, one crazy tackle though and looked shaky now and then.
Cannavaro 6.5 Pretty good.
Chiellini 6 Good and bad. He gets pushed into his own box too easily. He needs to work on his defending. Some misspasses, Otherwise some good moves though.
Camoranesi 7 Very active and created some good attacks. Creative
Emerson 6 Wasn't bad. Quiet first half, got more involved in the second. Should have played with a little more authority though.
Vieira 5.5 Hot and Cold. Lost too many balls. Had some good interceptions and some offensive moves, which I liked though.
Mutu 7.5 Man of the match. His overall play wasn't that good, despite several nice moves. Scored the winning goals though. Keeps impressing.
Ibrahimovic 6.5 Did not think he was that bad actually. Ironically, after Denco's thread, I felt he played a little as a midfielder.
Trezeguet 5.5 Some nice flicks, but otherwise a trez performance. Without the goal sadly.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
It translates to: 'The law of minimum effort'
Jack, perhaps you will say, that this has been said often here, but this law works against small teams. well, this year we are doing really good (results) but if we play against big teams like this we will be killed. and we have allready 2 examples (bayern and Milan).
about your first question, we do not face every match the same way. we have different determination and aggrassion, but whatever our tactics are, they are not working. just one example, chelsea. they play defensivly and try then in fast counterattack. and they do not let many chances for their opponents. Capellos tactics are suppose to be simmilar to this one, but we are just letting to many chances

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maresca said:
Jack, perhaps you will say, that this has been said often here, but this law works against small teams.
This law is for big, medium and small teams. Each is being approached by the minimum effort recquired. Thus a small team is approached with no effort at all, just take the three points and leave the pitch even if it were to be from an opportunistic situation.

Maresca said:
well, this year we are doing really good (results) but if we play against big teams like this we will be killed. and we have allready 2 examples (bayern and Milan).
Ok, Milan did not tacticaly outclass us. The scored a weird goal (Seedorf's) and the other two came from set-pieces and you know who was our guard. The only problem we made in this game was not creating chances and it can be excused to being surprised, being lazy or Milan just knowing how to shut our attackers.

The game against Bayern was immediately corrected in the following matchday. The law of minimum effort applies again here. The team did not want to make an effort to get the three points in München!! Their goal was to qualify from the group and that's it.

Maresca said:
about your first question, we do not face every match the same way. we have different determination and aggrassion, but whatever our tactics are, they are not working.
I don't understand how do you dare say they are not working. I won't reply to tha, our league position, topping the group in CL and our results speak for themselves.

Maresca said:
just one example, chelsea. they play defensivly and try then in fast counterattack. and they do not let many chances for their opponents. Capellos tactics are suppose to be simmilar to this one, but we are just letting to many chances
Here you go with the silliest thing I've ever read. Why do we have to do like Chelsea does? Are they a raw model that all teams should follow? They ended up second in their CL group, we ended up first. They are on top of their league and so are we. And quite honestly, our league is much harder than theirs. So, thank you, I'd rather be Juventus and play like we are playing than be Juventus and immitate other teams.

Juventus is a team with a character and Capello is highlighting that character even more. I am extremely satisfied with that.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Great Post Dominc....I agree with you totaly bout Capello's efforts

One other thing i want to note is that i really havent seen a great game for viera since the preseason and the first couple matches....our star defensive midfielders have not been playing to thier potential...any comments on that??

Also Chiellini, even though he is young and not that experienced. I am not really comfortable with him on the left. He made some really bad passes that almost led to goals. Also he was a bit shakey back there. We really need to find a solution for a great right back. Zambo is a hella left back and should go back to his position. I really felt more confident bout our defence when he used to play there...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic said:

Ibrahimovic 6.5 Did not think he was that bad actually. Ironically, after Denco's thread, I felt he played a little as a midfielder.
We had the same comment last night while watching the game. Zlatan was sending the ball to another player and pulling back, just like a midfielder. And him pulling back allowed Mutu to come forward instead and thus score the two goals. He allowed Camoranesi to occupy his place several times as well.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
hambon said:
Great Post Dominc....I agree with you totaly bout Capello's efforts

One other thing i want to note is that i really havent seen a great game for viera since the preseason and the first couple matches....our star defensive midfielders have not been playing to thier potential...any comments on that??

Also Chiellini, even though he is young and not that experienced. I am not really comfortable with him on the left. He made some really bad passes that almost led to goals. Also he was a bit shakey back there. We really need to find a solution for a great right back. Zambo is a hella left back and should go back to his position. I really felt more confident bout our defence when he used to play there...
What more are you expecting? Ok, last night Vieira madea bunch of mistakes, so waht!

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Jeeks said:
=Juventus is a team with a character and Capello is highlighting that character even more. I am extremely satisfied with that.
Couldnt have said it better jeeks... Capello is really great in forcasting and knows when a win is a must and when to take it easy. Example: Milan game, he knew that the CL game after the milan game was much more important. He also knew that milan would be going all out to beat us since chiminti would be in goal. They had some cheesy goals and accumulated fatigue which led to thier loss in the CL...while we won. As for the bayern munich game it was pre calculated by the don. We played well against them but things just didnt fold out well. Capello cofidence in Juve was what got us the first in our group

I truely believe that Juve has the greatest chance to reach the CL finals this year because of Capello's strategies and tactical formations. Him and mourinho might play some boring games but they are the top two coaches around. This CL will probably end up with both chelsea and JUVE in the finals. Only then will these two coaches have to find a different way to beat each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)