[Serie A] Palermo-Juventus (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Ya i read that Isha, the moment I logged on to the net, it was the first thing I read on channel 4...I laughed my ass out....pathetic loosers!

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
Capello wasn't screaming just because he is afraid to lose 1 point he can still win the scudetto with the draw but he was screaming because he want to achieve something that will be count it in his career as a juve Coach which is :

i am the only coach who did beat Palermo at Sicily since 1972 and he did

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Rami said:
Ya i read that Isha, the moment I logged on to the net, it was the first thing I read on channel 4...I laughed my ass out....pathetic loosers!
Watching him say it was even better. He even managed to keep a straight face, I couldn't :rofl:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
We faced a Palermo team that is struggling this season

We faced a Palermo team that haven't won more than a few matches (UEFA and Coppa included) in November and December

We faced a Palermo team that lost their best player, Luca Toni, and was replaced by 2 players ; Makinwa and Carraciolo, who combined dont equal Toni

We faced a Palermo team that has a a coach on the hotseat, and an owner threatening to get rid of its international players

We faced a Palermo team that is NOWHERE the talent of last season....

and we were LUCKY to win

We looked like a bad rendition of a Chinese fire drill out there....

the passes were bad, the shots sucked, the flicks got us nowhere, the takeaways against us were almost laughable, and we somehow won the game

I have to ask myself...did we have a gameplan ????

what are our tactics ???

We really looked like a bunch of idiots out there tonight, with NO purpose

and I think the clincher of it all, to show that Cap doesnt know what the hell he is doing lies in our goalscorer, Adrian Mutu. He proved tonight that he is NOT, and I repeat NOT a fucking winger...HE IS A STRIKER !!!!!!!!

both goals were good finishes in FRONT of the net (btw- any decent team with a good defense would have cleared the ball away on the first goal)

to the ratings-

Abbiati- did a good job in there...cant be blamed for the goal 6.5

Chiellini- this guy couldnt cover a 7 year old girl in a youth game....passing is deplorable...reminds me of the second coming of Legrotaglie...SELL HIM TO VENEZIA !!! 4

Cannavaro- not the best in the air on crosses, but better than the rest of the D 6

Thuram- not good in the air, made Caracciolo look like Toni 5

Pess- cant cover or clear the ball anymore...time is up, I'm sorry 4.5

Emerson- was just ok today 6

Vieira- bad passing, was clumsy out there...disappointing 5.5

Camo- not his best game, but was fair 6

Mutu- Man of the match, scored 2 goals from in front of the net, where he belongs 7

Zlatan- the dribbling, flicking, circus clown shows up again...wont pass to teammates when the opportunity is there....may have a future in the NFL with those powerful kicks which soar over the net 5

Trezeguet- finally got some service late in the second half , but couldnt capitalize 5.5

Capello (3.5) - someone tell me the point of bringing DP into the game with 3 minutes left ?? Zlatan was having another shit game, and Cap wont pull the trigger. The tactics we are using do not work...if we are even using any (I cant tell), the 4-4-2 doesnt suit this team well, and we are playing guys out of position.

This is all a recipe for disaster, and when we face a team that has a solid midfield, and decent strikers, we are finished !!

This reality will happen a month from now, when we face Bremen in the CL...mark my words

arc

Mar 11, 2004
Vinman said:

We faced a Palermo team that haven't won more than a few matches (UEFA and Coppa included) in November and December

We faced a Palermo team that lost their best player, Luca Toni, and was replaced by 2 players ; Makinwa and Carraciolo, who combined dont equal Toni

We faced a Palermo team that has a a coach on the hotseat, and an owner threatening to get rid of its international players

and we were LUCKY to win

the passes were bad, the shots sucked, the flicks got us nowhere, the takeaways against us were almost laughable, and we somehow won the game

what are our tactics ???

and I think the clincher of it all, to show that Cap doesnt know what the hell he is doing lies in our goalscorer, Adrian Mutu. He proved tonight that he is NOT, and I repeat NOT a fucking winger...HE IS A STRIKER !!!!!!!!

both goals were good finishes in FRONT of the net (btw- any decent team with a good defense would have cleared the ball away on the first goal)

Capello (3.5) - someone tell me the point of bringing DP into the game with 3 minutes left ?? Zlatan was having another shit game, and Cap wont pull the trigger. The tactics we are using do not work...if we are even using any (I cant tell), the 4-4-2 doesnt suit this team well, and we are playing guys out of position.

This is all a recipe for disaster, and when we face a team that has a solid midfield, and decent strikers, we are finished !!

This reality will happen a month from now, when we face Bremen in the CL...mark my words
i agree 100% with u vinman

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #794
    Serie A Reaction: Capello Satisfied With Win Over Palermo

The Bianconeri's coach described the win over the Rosanero as difficult and singled-out Mutu's performance.
    Juventus manager Fabio Capello, whose side won 2-1 at Palermo, spoke after the match, saying, "It was a difficult match, as I had said on the eve. In the first half the play was attractive, played well by both teams. We had occasions and exploited them, they also, and in the second half we had chances to go ahead 3-1 and did not exploit them."

He then addressed the performance of Adrian Mutu, who scored both goals for Juventus: "In this role he does very well because, besides the goals, works a lot, marks and distributes. This evening the two outside, he and Camoranesi, produced both quantity and quality. They played well, like all the squad, I repeat it, playing here is not easy. Returning to Mutu, he is a big gambler, of large quality, that is showing to be of high level, is young and still can improve."

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
    Temimi said:
    I agree i think that it will be a very hard game with a win to palermo...... As you said they are a bit stubburn i home :) ill have to say 2-1 palermo unfortunately , wish the juve lads can prove me wrong
    Your Prediction came true but for Juve

FORZA JUVE!!! FORZA MUTU!

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #796
    I agree with you venman , Mutu should be striker , his finishing is very good , he and Camo were the best players , chellini was bad all his passes are not accurate , zlatan had a bad game , and yes we were lucky to get with the 3 points , any cross from the edges could have been a goal since noone in the defence could stop makinwa or caraciollo to score from headers.anyway we won
    forza juve

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    i think as kaka had a average last season the same is happening to ibra i think he needs a tap in a goal and then he will start scoring more goals just like crespo last season at milan

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    the only thing im dissapointed about is trez not scoring.i was hoping that he'd equal batistuta's record of goals scored in most consecutive games.
    BUT.now del piero has the chance to break the record at home:D
    our next game IS at home..rite?

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
    Vinman said:

and we were LUCKY to win

what are our tactics ???

to the ratings-

Abbiati- did a good job in there...cant be blamed for the goal 6.5

Chiellini- this guy couldnt cover a 7 year old girl in a youth game....passing is deplorable...reminds me of the second coming of Legrotaglie...SELL HIM TO VENEZIA !!! 4

Cannavaro- not the best in the air on crosses, but better than the rest of the D 6

Thuram- not good in the air, made Caracciolo look like Toni 5

Pess- cant cover or clear the ball anymore...time is up, I'm sorry 4.5

Emerson- was just ok today 6

Vieira- bad passing, was clumsy out there...disappointing 5.5

Camo- not his best game, but was fair 6

Mutu- Man of the match, scored 2 goals from in front of the net, where he belongs 7

Zlatan- the dribbling, flicking, circus clown shows up again...wont pass to teammates when the opportunity is there....may have a future in the NFL with those powerful kicks which soar over the net 5

Trezeguet- finally got some service late in the second half , but couldnt capitalize 5.5

100% agree with that .

as i always said capello can't change a match, whenever we are down we seem that we couldn't fight back. unless one of our players have a min of brilliant, which happened with Mutu in this game, and not becuase of a change of tactic .
    Capello isn't a good couch but a great motivater, he just keeps screaming from the line but he don't change the tactic even if it was a bad one. remember the milan match

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)