[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (4 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree, but his talent is there for all to see. He's versatile enough to adapt there, plus i've seen him play on the left a few times for Empoli, so it wouldn't be completely new. Its unrealistic, because Ranieri doesn't think of him as a midfielder. But in an ideal world, he'd be given the chance. He's already a much better option than Nedved on the wing, so why not start giving him games till the end of the season, and if he does well; Give him the opportunity to be Nedved's long term replacement.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I trust his ability enough to see him as our future AM, but aslong as we have Ranieri, it WONT happen at all. He sees him as a forward, which he isnt, because his finishing is his weakness, is all about creating (plus he is easily canceled out if he is too high up, instead of roam in the hole). But as I said, aslong as we have Ranieri, Giovinco will still be in this undeserved little limbo. So we are forced to buy a direct Pavel replacement (and if they are the big quality type like Ribery, hurrah for sure), when Ranieri has ruled out Gio as such alltogether.

I fear a little for his immediate future with Ranieri as coach, but he is such an immense talent that he will force his way him somehow, wont need to worry for long.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Buffon

Melberg Legro Chiellini Molinaro

Camoranesi Sissoko Tiago Giovinco

Amauri Iaquinta​

Any1 thinks thats ok?
i think Legro's recent dip in form is a result of him playing more games than he played last season...i would suggest resting him n letting Grygera play at RB,with Chielini and Mellberg as CB's...I woulda rested Chiellini too, but he needs match-fitness so let him play for at least 60 mins

yamo93

Loyal Juventino
Jan 17, 2008
Buffon

Grygera Mellberg Chiellini Molinaro

Camoranesi Sissoko Tiago Nedved

Trezeguet Giovinco

Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Chiellini are surely going to be in the line-up tomorrow, according to Ranieri himself. I suggest we play with Giovinco and Trezeguet up front. After all, they are familiar with each other from the days of Serie B and I think it would turn out to be a great choice. In midfield, I'd like to see Camoranesi and Nedved on each flank, Sissoko and Tiago in central midfield. I also would like to see Grygera play so he gets a chance to step up his game a bit as CL is getting closer. We'll have to put Molinaro on the other flank as we don't really have any other choices, and Mellberg with Chiellini in central defence. Lastly, grande Buffon as a keeper.

We will have the right amount of creativity with Camo, Tiago, Nedved and Gio all being creative players. And additionally, a lethal striker in Trezeguet who will make sure we don't lack in goal-scoring. Also, defence will work out well as Sissoko and Chiellini are back in the line-up. And, IF, it turns out to be a bad line-up, we still have a number of great players on the bench ready to get into the game. In conclusion, I predict a 1-3 victory for the Old Lady.

Dec 10, 2006
I hope its not Iaquinta playing, but Del Piero, Ale has been rested enough in the last games, and Amauri is the player that played the most this season, so he needs to cool off the most. Not to mention we still need to win this game, and need Ale's creativity, 1 game wont burn him out.
Agreed...
It's a tough game, we need DP to play at least one half. His experience, creativity, spirit, confidence, free kicks could be helpfull!
But I think it's better to let Iaqui play for minutes. He could come in for DP in 2nd half.
He played very few matches this season and it could be a chance for him! We shouldn't ruin him!
Needless to say Amauri have to be fit against his last team!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
100% Save the speech.

I don't get the rest Ale thing. He has been rested a lot and resting him more Lol will only do harm for him and for the team.

I'll be really disappointed If Ranieri doesn't start Ale tomorrow. Because he can easily play this one and the one vs Chelsea.

Lets not exaggerate things, Claudio.
I would rest Alex too. The match against Chelsea is a big one, and we know the fixture after that, it will be very tough weeks, and we will need Alex more. But most importantly, Alex should be 100% fit in CL, that's a must!! Not 99%, I want him 100% against Chlesea!!

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
Yeah the 4-3-3 was great - Tiago and Sissoko can clean up messes, Cama can come back and help out from time to time, and the front three can create at will.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
100%. I noticed also that he can defend. He isn't as strong as Pavel physically but he's not a bad defender at all.
Once we have better defenders he will not be required to do a lot of real defending but only his natural tactical progression ( positioning, covering the space and helping out when needed).

I don't know why he isn't considered by the board or the coach, but maybe because they think a big name is required and the only position that will be available is neddy's

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Juventus.com

20 February 2009

20 called up for Palermo. Trezeguet is back

After the fine-tuning session held at Vinovo, Claudio Ranieri announced the names of the 20 players called up for the away match in Palermo.

After having missed the match against Sampdoria, David Trezeguet is once again available, just like Vincenzo Iaquinta who missed the match against the bluecerchiati due to a one match suspension.

De Ceglie will remain in Turin together with Zanetti and the other players who are recovering from injury namely Zebina, Knezevic and Salihamidzic. Ekdal is currently with the Primavera squad which is taking part in the Viareggio Cup.

Below is the list of players called up for the match in the Sicilian capital:

1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie

best selection so far

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Gio---Sissoko----Tiago-----Camo

Thats a tasty midfield.

Definitely, but do not know whether CR will so adventurous since its Palermo away and Palermo is a Pesky opponent.

Maybe Poulsen for Tiago to provide more cover if Gio is starting.

But I will be happily thrilled with the formation u have mentioned.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
After Gio's performance against Samp in the left, who thinks that Juventus might not need to buy a Nedved replacement after all?
I agree, but his talent is there for all to see. He's versatile enough to adapt there, plus i've seen him play on the left a few times for Empoli, so it wouldn't be completely new. Its unrealistic, because Ranieri doesn't think of him as a midfielder. But in an ideal world, he'd be given the chance. He's already a much better option than Nedved on the wing, so why not start giving him games till the end of the season, and if he does well; Give him the opportunity to be Nedved's long term replacement.
I dont think he's a LM...I look at him more as a trequartista

i think Legro's recent dip in form is a result of him playing more games than he played last season...i would suggest resting him n letting Grygera play at RB,with Chielini and Mellberg as CB's...I woulda rested Chiellini too, but he needs match-fitness so let him play for at least 60 mins
Legro isnt that good of a defender....plain and simple

but, then again, neither is Mellberg

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I would rest Alex too. The match against Chelsea is a big one, and we know the fixture after that, it will be very tough weeks, and we will need Alex more. But most importantly, Alex should be 100% fit in CL, that's a must!! Not 99%, I want him 100% against Chlesea!!
Fair enough 100% vs Chelsea will do them damage, but I'm also afraid resting him a lot won't do him any good. He needs to get into action and net mention score his 2nd goal in 2009 to boost his moral.

That said, whether Ranieri picks him or not, I hope that our team is focusing on tomorrow's game and not Chelsea...though deep inside me I'm positive that all their mind is set on Wed clash.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie

best selection so far
Indeed. I can hardly believe it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)