[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (4 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
i think there are those fan actions, where you can win to be right next to the stars while the game plays ... you could sit right beside him .... on the bench ... :p

it is pretty debatable if poulsen was more of a risk in such a game... considering that he has quite a big international experience advantage over marchisio you could say that it is more safe to play poulsen, but everybody can have his opinion. inexperience could force ranieri to make decisions you would bash afterwards ... often inexperienced players are overmotivated in such clashes and get either sent off or do silly tackles that get them yellow cards pretty early, so they can not play not with full effort for the rest of the game. i did not see poulsen do silly mistakes so far, so i have the feeling that he would do better, because he has more physical power and seems to be calmer and more tactical aware. he does not cluelessly roam anywhere or try to dribble past players, so he does not risk creating a counter attack for the opponent. i must say that i like the tactical discipline that he shows ... he does stay back pretty often to be open for passes and only makes run into the box, when it is sensible...
You have many good points. Unfortunately, experience doesn't always win against quality. Poulsen is good at what he does, but he hasn't played for months apart from a few minutes. And he's a player you need to have in good physical shape to get the most out of.

I consider big game experience more important than form when picking a team for a game like Chelsea.
Emerson and Vieira had tons of experience but their legs didn't match their brains. I guess that is the scenario I'm most worried of. One could also make a case that continuity is just as important as well.

Marchisio won me over with his Milan performance first and foremost. A Milan side which plays a similar formation to Chelsea but arguably with a weaker midfield. I think the two contenders are Marchisio and Tiago in Ranieri's mind.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He must play...we need him so badly...

Rab, Melberg isn't good at RB as well...I don't trust him there...
Grygera's butt is huge. It takes 80% of the screen:D.

No seriously, I think he has been horrible in the last 2months. Mellberg is faster and much stronger therefore wouldn't mind trying him again. He was fantastic playing RB vs Madrid.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think Grygera has been playing Pro Evo with the special Ronaldinho ass extension option enabled. It's showing in his play.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tiago - Sissoko was the partnership that destroyed Madrid. I am with Dominic here, let's see how they do against Palermo and if they seem ticking then we should field them against Chelsea and in that case I'd play Nedved Camo.

What is the situation with Camo? he is match fit, why would we test him against Palermo? He should play at least 75 minutes.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Mellberg could be a good alternative on the right against Chelsea considering his EPL experience.I'd probably field him against Palermo to make him feel more comfortable on the right.

Mr.Juve

Jan 29, 2009
i can smell some "stupid" injuries in this game ! ,
the most important thing is to make sure that / Delpo,nedved,camo / take a break & relax for chelsea ..

I vote for 1 point :shifty:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
do you know what footballers(these kind of footballers that are not to ball-loving) do in such situations?

the play the ball back to a teammate that perhaps a bit farer away from goal and instantly run to create space for the teammate or run into spaces to receive the ball again in a better position...

its called football not dribbleball ... a one-two is always the better way to pass opponents
:rofl2:

Made my day. I hope Ranieri tells that to him, no no, I hope somebody virtually shows how it's done to him. :)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Again something I find extremely funny... Always when Ranieri is criticized or questioned concerning his tactical choices or the formation he picks, v1r2t3u4l is always the first one to jump and say something like you're not a coach and you don't know more than Ranieri, that's ALWAYS his reply to the ones that criticizes Ranieri. Yet he's giving Ale a lecture:howler: on how to play and react on the field.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Tiago - Sissoko was the partnership that destroyed Madrid
I wouldnt go so far as to say we "destroyed" Madrid....we were out-played in the midfield in both games (lets be honest now), but we neutralized them with our defense more than anything else, and made the most of our few chances ala DP

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wouldnt go so far as to say we "destroyed" Madrid....we were out-played in the midfield in both games (lets be honest now), but we neutralized them with our defense more than anything else, and made the most of our few chances ala DP
Thus destroying them :beer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)