[SERIE A] Old Lady vs Old Men (12/14/08) (79 Viewers)

Man of the most beautiful match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchionni

• Marchisio

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• De Ceglie

• Zanetti

• Iaquinta

• Ronaldinho

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
In jest, Mr. A. I hope we see a good match.

I respect Milan a lot more than Inter, let me tell you...
I think that's why I can actually come here and post b4 and after games regardles of the result.

I ACTUALLY RESPECT JUVE...I'm actually pulling for you very much in CL!!!

But when it comes to Milan...that's where it ends.

It'll be a good match...and win or lose I'll be back for the post mortum just like last year after we lost.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
you being in the uefa cup is payback for not being there in the first place when u got to the cl by default. berlusconi is the modern day franco of football, its disgusting.
Cool...get over it now!

Like I said b4 it's Palermo fans that should be upset as they would have been awarded the spot.

Juve fans are just upset cause they got relegated. While we stayed up played CL and won it!

GET OVER IT...IT'S DONE!

Hope U can make use of the fact that we're not there to win it again. hahaha

Cause we will...in the next 3 years.

Milan's freakin awesome in CL competition.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Milan's freakin awesome in CL competition.
So were Real and they spent 30 years without winning it again.
To dominate the CL you need to have a great generation. Milan had it from 1989-1995 and then again from 2003-2007. (Real had it in the 50's and 60's, Juve had it from 1996-1999, Bayern from 1974-1976, Ajax from 1971-1973 etc).
There are absolutely no guarantees that such a generation will pop up again in Milan in the near future. The Italian teams, and especially Milan, were the richest in Europe in late 80's, throughout the 90's and in early 2000's. That last Milan generation that won the CL was created mostly at the time when the Italians were still the richest.
As you can see, now it's the English teams that have the money and for Milan, and all the other Italians, it will be very tough to make another super strong group of players that will dominate Europe.
The leading figures of your last great generation (Maldini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Nesta, Gattuso) are getting older and older and they can't play on top level as successfully as they did.
I'm ready to bet that it will take a lot of time until Milan wins the CL again.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
You could say that with a little more luck we could have also been awesome in CL had we not lost so many finals. :tdown:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Horrible decisions made by management in the transfer market LAST summer. (summer of 07)

Those dinosaurs as your fellow Juventus fan called Milan...have won the CL 7 times.

I agree we're over due for some more young blood. To help us in the Serie "A"

But the Scudetto has normally been a secondary cup in management's mind to the CL Cup. If they win the CL but finish fourth or even 6th in the league...I think they'd call it a successful season.

That all changed until we got our asses handed to us by Arsenal, and Fiornetina got fourth.

As a result management has no choice but to focus on the scudetto this season.

We need to get younger no doubt...But being consistant at or near the top is the hallmark of a great team. And I don't think that a year of not playing in the CL takes that away when you've won it as much as Milan has.

Winning the CL 5 times in the past 20 years and having 8 appearances in finals in the same amout of time doesn't get erased because we didn't qualify for 1 year.

No one can argue against milans CL record. Juve have failed to turn their domestic superiority 29 scudetto's into more CL silverware. But Pardon the pun when Juve needed it most lady luck deserted her.

Juves team of the mid 90's was awesome with 3 consecutive finals only bringing 1victory. Juventus have specalised in letting the occasion, expectation and pressure get to them on the big european nights. They underestimated Dortmund and never turned up in the final with the chance to make history and retain the CL title.

The following year they dominated madrid in the final but could not put the ball in the net and pedrag mijatovic pierced juventus fans hearts and the juve net with madrids only chance of the match.

The 1999 semi final juventus put in a super away performace away to united only for giggs last minute equaliser rescued an undeserved draw for united but juve had the away goals advantage. In the second leg juve raced out of the traps and were 2-0 up inside 15 minutes but froze and retreated and allowed Roy Keane to drag united to the final.

Then in 2003 looking to round off a great season where they dominated serie a and knocked the highly fancied Real and Barcelona out of the competition with great football passion and tactics. Juventus and lippi froze in the final. against a far weaker milan side lippi refused to take the initative and attack milan conte hit the bar. then came extra time with all milans subs used Roque junior got injured and had to limp around up front even with milan effectivley down to 10 men lippi refused to attack and penalties were inevitable. with Davids and Camoranesi already substituted and Balon D'or winner nedved looking on from the stands after a stupid yellow card when the semi final against madrid was won thanks to an outstanding display from pavel. yes it was a stupid tackle by the player but lippi should have substituted him to protect him.

Juve selected their peno takers poorly so when trezequet zalayeta and montero missed, turam zambrotta di vaio tachinardi conte and ferrera looked on as the heartbreak unfolded. Milan who needed a 92nd minute winner to knock out ajax in the quarters on away goals were victorious. Juve had lost another final.

So from all these bad memories Juve fans respect milan for their success in the CL and unlike inter they have a great tradition always play good football and are humble in victory as they are in defeat.

But come sunday a victory for the home side as we continue to hunt down those damn nerrazzuri fuckers to build confidence and hope that come the spring Juve will have the chance to put the pain of those champions League memories to rest to partake in another final and hopefully capture the famous cup again.

Milans last apperance in a final was a penalty shoot out defeat just like Juves but at least we have the chance to correct that this season although it would be something of a miracle considering the short comings in our team but a very ordinary liverpool team lifted this trophy not long ago so hope is eternal.:ultra:

Sorry for the trip down memory lane but big games like this one coming up sunday always gets me thinking back.

I hope ranieri is brave and if camo is back from injury that a midfield of

camo momo neddy gio

would start.

But i think as stated before the team will be

Maninnger

grygera mellberg chiellini molinaro

camo marchisio sissoko neddy

DP Amauri

What injured players will not be back for milan i know gattuso and bonera are out, but will seedorf ronaldinho and piro and pato return

Legro is a huge loss for Juve he is the organiser and communication leader of our back four i hope mellberg comes in and has a great game and stops sheva from getting his first serie a goal after his return.

But all in all in feeling confident and think juve will win 1-0 through amauri.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #234
    I'm with Greg here. I respect Milan much more than the dirty cheap artificial team called Inter.

At least in Milan you can admire players such as Maldini, Sheva, Pirlo ex respected players as-well such as Baresi, Van Basten and the list goes on.

I can't dislike Milan as much as I dislike Inter. It just can't happen. Though when we're playing against Milan I forget about respect and want my team to destroy them to say the least.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm with Greg here. I respect Milan much more than the dirty cheap artificial team called Inter.

At least in Milan you can admire players such as Maldini, Sheva, Pirlo ex respected players as-well such as Baresi, Van Basten and the list goes on.

I can't dislike Milan as much as I dislike Inter. It just can't happen. Though when we're playing against Milan I forget about respect and want my team to destroy them to say the least.
    I am anti-Italian clubs (bar Juve of course) in general. I want them to be eliminated from every single European competition they take part in. I dislike Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina, Torino, Modena, Albinoleffe, Monza and Virtus Lanciano. But none of these teams has the chance to beat Inter in terms of being detestable, loathsome and shameful. If I had to choose between these two for winning the Scudetto, I'd opt for Milan with no doubt.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #240
    I like it when our fans are confident, not players though. I want them to be 100% focus if not more.

Anyway, here's what Maldini had to say about Del Piero.

Maldini: "It really makes me happy to play against Del Piro, he's great player and person.

I've played alongside Ale with the National Team, watched him train really hard. One of the few players that gives more than anyone in the trainings. Always great to either play against him or alongside him".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)