[SERIE A] Napoli - Juventus (18th October, 2008) (3 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
yea but I guess the mgmt. felt they owed him in a sense, and that he deserved one last crack at the CL...it's sad to see that he isn't at that level anymore
Well thats the problem isn't it? Personal issues & favours are turning this club into a big joke.One thing i like about arsenal is their reluctance to offer players over the age of 30 long term contracts.It keeps them on their toes to perform & keep focus instead of planning for theri retirement.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
A) Crissy Moran is amazing

B) But these circumstances were quite unique...if Nedved wanted to play 1 more for the CL, would you turn him down? I could never do that...the man has done and given up too much for Juve to be shown the door

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005

B) But these circumstances were quite unique...if Nedved wanted to play 1 more for the CL, would you turn him down? I could never do that...the man has done and given up too much for Juve to be shown the door
This is not about adding some sparkle to his resume,its about the good of the team.Besides Pavel is one of the highest paid players in Serie A so its not exactly like his giving up much.If anyone has given up much it would be Del Piero!

On a positive note i am happy that our youth players have been shown some faith which was a major concern for the growth of the club imo.

Yes Crissy is amazing!:D

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
one thing salihamdzic does (that few of our players do) is he does not stop running.

you do not have to have nedveds skills to do that, but while running for 90 minutes you make it more difficult for the opponent to find unmarked players ...

a smart coach once said that he could make a team out of athletes that usually do only run marathon a.s.o. and can defend a 1:0 lead, because you just have to run, run and run to make it really difficult for the opponent.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think the ppl that have a tolerance for Salih (and i am probable one of them)
were raised to admire him for such a long time and we can just consider him useless when we know his potential.
Once a player delivered at the highest levels, he can do it again,
just for a moment of brilliance maybe, but he can, at least on theory.

Other than that, i agree with Rab, that he has been disappointing from the day he joined Juve (and a couple of seasons before)

Neddy at his good days, is still better than Salih's good days,
despite thew fact that he is older and he doesnt have the chance to rest and offer his services with fresh powers.
(Last year, IMO he was def more effective, esp defensive wise)
Esp this year, i feel that we are abusing his services, he was supposed to be a super sub, not a starter!

Geof

May 14, 2004
Well let's face it. It's far easier to hate and bash Brazzo than on Pavel for a bad performance. As Alen said, Brazzo will be soon forgotten, while Pavel's name is forever written down in our history.

I still think Pavel is a great player, but Ranieri should see that he doesn't have 90 minutes in him anymore. We have a young, extremely talented player who could play at his position. Why Ranieri doesn't *at least* share playing time between the two baffles me.

--

Regarding the match, I think Ranieri got the starting line-up all right, given the injuries. Sure, you can debate about Molinaro - DC and Pavel or Giovinco, but that's not what I'm pissed off about.

What I really hate is the whole negativism Ranieri is bringing along. Was this guy seriously planning for a draw at ... Napoli? You do know those guys were in B together with us, right? Why would we expect them to be better than us? Even with 14 fit A-team players, the Juve I know would never go for a draw. Not against the Reals or Milans, and certainly not against Napoli. You don't take out Del Piero for De Ceglie when it's 1-1.

Now, I'm not one for firing managers whenever it gets bad, and I'm ok with the management supporting him so far. The last thing we need is internal disagreements. But I do hope that they are looking into possible replacements. If the situation doesn't improve a lot in the next weeks, I'd replace him. Ideally at Christmas, but if the situation gets really bad...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
But I do hope that they are looking into possible replacements. If the situation doesn't improve a lot in the next weeks, I'd replace him. Ideally at Christmas, but if the situation gets really bad...
i really do hope they are looking for a ranieri replacement too, but something tells me that IF they sack him, they will have no clue who to take his place and put some interim coach in that is even worse

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
I think the management extended Nedved's contract just for the sake of CL football (which he earned IMHO). So thats about it , play him in CL matches or as Geof pointed share his playing time with Gio. He'll be rested for CL football and with the motivation for it he can do wonders in those matches and let Giovinco show his talent in matches againts average teams in seria A.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
after this game, and the signings we made and the promises our board always make etc, i wonder what our long term future will be like? our owners tbh dont really give a shit judging by their actions, only we the fans and a few players really give two shits and we can do nothing which is the sad part.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
after this game, and the signings we made and the promises our board always make etc, i wonder what our long term future will be like? our owners tbh dont really give a shit judging by their actions, only we the fans and a few players really give two shits and we can do nothing which is the sad part.
For the players
i think they can leave the sinking ship anytime
like Buffon who was about to leave the team last year and i think he will do if Juve fail to get a spot in CL

for the fans
there is no choice but to keep supporting juve as a name no matter who is playing for the V. seniora

forza juve till the end

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well let's face it. It's far easier to hate and bash Brazzo than on Pavel for a bad performance. As Alen said, Brazzo will be soon forgotten, while Pavel's name is forever written down in our history.

I still think Pavel is a great player, but Ranieri should see that he doesn't have 90 minutes in him anymore. We have a young, extremely talented player who could play at his position. Why Ranieri doesn't *at least* share playing time between the two baffles me.

--

Regarding the match, I think Ranieri got the starting line-up all right, given the injuries. Sure, you can debate about Molinaro - DC and Pavel or Giovinco, but that's not what I'm pissed off about.

What I really hate is the whole negativism Ranieri is bringing along. Was this guy seriously planning for a draw at ... Napoli? You do know those guys were in B together with us, right? Why would we expect them to be better than us? Even with 14 fit A-team players, the Juve I know would never go for a draw. Not against the Reals or Milans, and certainly not against Napoli. You don't take out Del Piero for De Ceglie when it's 1-1.

Now, I'm not one for firing managers whenever it gets bad, and I'm ok with the management supporting him so far. The last thing we need is internal disagreements. But I do hope that they are looking into possible replacements. If the situation doesn't improve a lot in the next weeks, I'd replace him. Ideally at Christmas, but if the situation gets really bad...
Spot on.

Ranieri's contract is up this summer isn't it ?

I wouldn't show him the door either. But i would make it clear to him that he role will be purely transitional and Gio will be starting every single game when he is good and ready. The problem is that Ranieir is doing the complete opposite and neddy was burned from the beginning of the season.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
im trying really hard to stay super optimistic but i dont think i can hold on any longer... the reality is too harsh :( ... one thing to say: FUCK RANIERI! and his fucked up substitution's wtf is this: del pieo<> de cegile... giovinco <> molinaro ... wtf are u thinking man?!?!?! also im not sure about this one... ekdal<>poulsen ... please tell me he isnt trying to turn ekdal into a DMF .. please!!! ... (note: didnt watch game so thts why im not sure ) ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)