[SERIE A] Napoli - Juventus (18th October, 2008) (6 Viewers)

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
It's stuff like this that gets me angry.

500000000 people said before the BATE match that we'd blow them away and win 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, et cetera. I mean, they didn't even think the team could trouble us.

Now we come to the Napoli match and people are discrediting them already... wow.

This is our reality now. Even mid-table sides could beat us. So taking teams lightly is very, very pathetic.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22

500000000 people said before the BATE match that we'd blow them away and win 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, et cetera. I mean, they didn't even think the team could trouble us.

Now we come to the Napoli match and people are discrediting them already... wow.

This is our reality now. Even mid-table sides could beat us. So taking teams lightly is very, very pathetic.
    But that's the case with any team actually, bad or good, off form or on form. Taking any team lightly is pathetic and predicting easy wins is as silly as predicting ending up in ninth position.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006

saying we will lose 4-1 to Napoli is also pretty ridiculous too...no-one is taking anyone lightly but to be so pessimistic about your own team is pretty stupid too

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Napoli's home matches in the last year :

2007/08 (against the top 7 teams)
    - Juventus 3:1
    - Inter 1:0 (Inter's first defeat in serie A last year)
    - Roma 0:2
    - Milan 3:1 (the match where Milan lost the CL spot)
    - Fiorentina 2:0
    - Udinese 3:1
    - Sampdoria 2:0

2008/09 (all their home matches)
    - Panionios 1:0
    - Vllaznia 5:0
    - Fiorentina 2:1
    - Benfica 3:2
    - Palermo 2:1

Yeah, it's going to be an easy match for us :confused:

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    any ideas why our team is playing so poorly lately? dont just single out CR as the sole cause, although he is part but our players look like dumb asses whenever they get the ball, we have no rhythm anymore...its frustrating watching juve this season.

i fear its going to get worse before it gets better:(

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    I have a feeling that ranieri will start with a very defensive formation for this game. I think he just want a draw from this game so that the pressure will be less on him from the fans.

playing napoli and madrid in the same week is gonna be hard and adding the poor form that we're having recently its going to be a nightmare for us.....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I think that the problem starts with Ranieri. Yes the players arethe ones who play so they need to be blamed but im very sure a big part of those underperformigs is becausethey dont like what claudio is doing and they are lñike stressed withthe results..... so even when theycan do better..theyare not mentally well prepared and frustrated.

And i dont see how we will beat those young argentinians in napoli with this kind of performances.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    the main problem for me is overall play i.e. there is no link up between the MF and the FWs...we cannot build up an attack from the back at all...it's all hit-and-pray stuff...the CBs will exchange a couple of passes, then hoof the ball towards the strikers, thus completely nullifying the MF...and seeing this, the FWs start playing even deeper to get the ball, therefore making it even more difficult to create goalscoring opportunities for themselves

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
    Mar 28, 2006
    any ideas why our team is playing so poorly lately? dont just single out CR as the sole cause, although he is part but our players look like dumb asses whenever they get the ball, we have no rhythm anymore...its frustrating watching juve this season.

i fear its going to get worse before it gets better:(
    It's very simple. We have bad players. Or at least not good enough. Something isn't going well eith our management and with the players we buy. If you think after the calciopolis we bought many players and spend much money. If this was spend carefuly we would have a hell of a team. But the only good players we bought were Iaquinta and Sissoko. All the other were bad or simple not good enough for Juve. Kneze, Mellberg, Molinaro, Tiago, Almiron, Poulsen. These are not players for Juve. And you see the results right now...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    But that's the case with any team actually, bad or good, off form or on form. Taking any team lightly is pathetic and predicting easy wins is as silly as predicting ending up in ninth position.
    Ninth position is more realistic than winning for us, with what I have seen thus far.

saying we will lose 4-1 to Napoli is also pretty ridiculous too...no-one is taking anyone lightly but to be so pessimistic about your own team is pretty stupid too
    We just lost 2-1 at home to Palermo. And you're telling me losing 4-1 to Napoli isn't a possibility?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    It's very simple. We have bad players. Or at least not good enough. Something isn't going well eith our management and with the players we buy. If you think after the calciopolis we bought many players and spend much money. If this was spend carefuly we would have a hell of a team. But the only good players we bought were Iaquinta and Sissoko. All the other were bad or simple not good enough for Juve. Kneze, Mellberg, Molinaro, Tiago, Almiron, Poulsen. These are not players for Juve. And you see the results right now...
    Come on, we don't have that terrible of players. Tell me, apart from the usual suspects, who are the bad players in this group?

Buffon

Zebina - Mellberg - Chiellini - De Ceglie

Camoranesi - Sissoko - Poulsen - Giovinco

Amauri - Del Piero

Tell me... apart from perhaps Zebina and Mellberg, where are the bad players? Everybody in there is at least solid, such as Poulsen. Giovinco, Camo and the strikers are damn good.

It's not that we have bad players, but because we have a terrible coach. That's it. We could certainly have done better on the market and chosen better players, but honestly... we should be doing better than this. The players in the starting XI are not that bad. Thus why Ranieri is the problem.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
    the main problem for me is overall play i.e. there is no link up between the MF and the FWs...we cannot build up an attack from the back at all...it's all hit-and-pray stuff...the CBs will exchange a couple of passes, then hoof the ball towards the strikers, thus completely nullifying the MF...and seeing this, the FWs start playing even deeper to get the ball, therefore making it even more difficult to create goalscoring opportunities for themselves
    Actually it's not simple:
    lousy coach (Ranieri) + bunch of fools(our board) --> Shitty transfer campaign --> mediocre new players
    Mediocre new players + old guards + inexperienced youngsters --> hardly good team
    Hardly good team-injured (Trez+Zanetti)-dead Andrade --> average team
    Average team - Old Nedved - out of form (Camo+Sissoko) --> weak team
    Weak team - Injured defense( Melberg+Chiellini+Legro) --> deep shit
    (Deep shit) to the power of Ranieri --> WTF !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)