[Serie A] Napoli 3-3 JUVENTUS (Nov. 29th 2011) (26 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Lichtsteiner

• Chiellini

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Vucinic

• Esti

• Matri

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I am so proud to be a Juve fan today, extremely happy and excited. I ran in the house when Pepe scored but I had to do it silent and on my toes not to wake anyone up as everyone is sleeping.

I got extremely upset at 2-0 and thought we are up to another humiliation against these cunts again but at half time I had to bring my senses back to me and remember that this team is different and things can be made. I believed in a comeback but I thought it would have been done with subs, changing players and changing a broken formation. Conte had another say and excuse the pun, it was all about what he had to say in the locker room. I think his words there are what should be written in a book for people to believe in them, these words are religion, they are life motivation, they are enthusiasm, they are the will to fight, they are a spirit on their own.

I will refrain from rating players because it was chaotic but damn it was beautiful. It's been years that I am this much excited watching matches and I fucking love it.
:pint:

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I am so proud to be a Juve fan today, extremely happy and excited. I ran in the house when Pepe scored but I had to do it silent and on my toes not to wake anyone up as everyone is sleeping.

I got extremely upset at 2-0 and thought we are up to another humiliation against these cunts again but at half time I had to bring my senses back to me and remember that this team is different and things can be made. I believed in a comeback but I thought it would have been done with subs, changing players and changing a broken formation. Conte had another say and excuse the pun, it was all about what he had to say in the locker room. I think his words there are what should be written in a book for people to believe in them, these words are religion, they are life motivation, they are enthusiasm, they are the will to fight, they are a spirit on their own.

I will refrain from rating players because it was chaotic but damn it was beautiful. It's been years that I am this much excited watching matches and I fucking love it.
Couldnt have expressed it any better. BTW I think pepes goal had us all running around like mad, It took a while to register what I saw from pepe. I know his been good, but this pepe is really something else, his been absolutely brilliant and critical to our form.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

I am printing this out and hanging it in my room.

Well said brother.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Such was the nature of this match that some players need separate ratings for their first and second halves.

Buffon: 6 - Made a good save or two, and none of the goals were his fault.

Lichtsteiner: 6.5 - He was beaten for pace a couple of times, but worked his ass off today.

Barzagli: 6.5 - Solid as usual

Bonucci: 4 - Has no composure and consistency. Being a defender isn't about making spectacular tackles, but being reliable and stable, and he is neither of those things. Sell him to Zenit for anything over 5m

Chiellini: 6.5 - Good performance, making a lot of important tackles, which even led to goals. Could have scored 2 goals today.

Pepe: 5 -> 6.5 - An enigma of a player. He was absolutely useless in the first half, played out of position and didn't have a clue what he was doing. In the second half he bounced back and fought hard, and showed great determination and skill to pretty much score the equaliser single-handedly (albeit with a bit of luck, as is often the case with Simone).

Pirlo: 4 -> 6 - The first half was the worst I think we'll see Pirlo play for the rest of the season. Made a rash challenge to give away the penalty, kept missing passes and gifted Napoli a goal (and it could have been two). Improved a lot in the second half, giving the team composure as he always does, and spreading the play well.

Vidal: 7.5 - Beast. Great assist to Matri for the first goal, and he was generally all over the park, tackling and harrassing tirelessly. MOTM.

Estigarribia: 5.5 -> 7 - Looked a bit timid in the first half, playing it safe and not really trying anything out of the ordinary, but Conte must have told him to grow a pair, because he was great in the second half. Apart from the very cool finish he applied to make it 3-2, he was constantly running at defenders and making a nuisance of himself. I think it's safe to say that everyone wants to see more of Esti after today.

Vucinic: 5 -> 6 - Had a poor first half (even he didn't think he'd score from that chance), and nothing was working out for him, but he showed a big improvement in the second half, getting involved a lot more in the play and putting in some good passes. He really should have scored at least one though.

Matri: 7 - Great performance. Grabbed a goal and an assist, and showed us what he's capable of with that offside volley. Some people compare Matri to Trezeguet, but Matri gets involved a lot more, and can actually get involved in good interplay with his teammates (though obviously his finishing isn't quite on Trez's level).

Conte: 4.5 > 6.5 - The first half was an utter failure. I think he chose the wrong formation, and even put the wrong players into it. But he said something at half-time which negated the need for half time substitutes, and I love that he believed in himself and the team enough to not make any changes. That takes balls.

Today we saw how much Conte has brought to the table in terms of restoring the character of the team. Bravo.

Pazienza NR
Quag NR
Del Piero NR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)