[Serie A] Napoli 2-1 JUVENTUS [January 26th, 2020] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Benitez and Ancelotti (two Champions League winners) both managed roughly the same Napoli squad that Sarri had. Neither of them even came close to a legitimate title challenge or scoring 91 points over a season.
I hate Benitez, but Napoli won Coppa Italia, supercoppa against us, and made Europa League Semifinals under Benitez. Never came close to winning domestic cup trophy under Sarri, and never made it past Rof32 in Europa league... :boh:

The point of this isn't to disparage Sarri, it is to point out that everyone can make some dumbass comparison to make this or that coach/result look good. Sarri clearly improved Napoli, imo. He did a great job of managing their league campaigns, focusing solely on that. But they were a good team, as shown by the fact even a shitbird like the fat spanish waiter could have them winning the domestic cup trophies and playing in the last 4 of EL, even if he sacrificed league results for it. Sarri did the opposite and managed to come relatively close to a league title, while flopping in cup comps. It's a choice one makes when coaching at a 2nd tier club like that. Focus on one comp and still likely come up short, or focus on winning the smaller comps, and sacrifice league position.

Regardless, their downfall wasn't Ancelotti, who gave them 2nd place last season, it was ADL being comically inept in everything from Sarri's sacking onwards.

- - - Updated - - -

How were they so competitive for those years before Ancelotti ruined it? Must have had a pretty good coach
Pretty obvious ADL has led his club down the shitter, not Ancelotti.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Benitez and Ancelotti (two Champions League winners) both managed roughly the same Napoli squad that Sarri had. Neither of them even came close to a legitimate title challenge or scoring 91 points over a season.
napoli is a bit like spurs and atleti this season: good elements make a meh mix after all those years of peak performance. lost motivation might be a huge issue, see juventus in the 2nd half of last season.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Don’t bullshit yourself, Benitez won trophies with Napoli. So did Mazzarri - with a much worse squad than they had under Sarri.

They were never a “shit” team under Sarri/Benitez they were good but not great. With footballs fans there is zero rationale, teams are either amazing (and that’s like maybe 5-6 teams in Europe) or garbage, no in between.

- - - Updated - - -

the one thing a game against Nipples needs is a goal (or two) from

GON

ZA

LO

Jun 6, 2015
It's worth noting that they lost two players from their starting midfield in Hamsik and Jorginho straight after Sarri too. Replacing two key midfielders isn't easy as we've seen ourselves. ADL going full retard is what broke them this season. They should still be a top 3 team in Italy based on players.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's worth noting that they lost two players from their starting midfield in Hamsik and Jorginho straight after Sarri too. Replacing two key midfielders isn't easy as we've seen ourselves. ADL going full retard is what broke them this season. They should still be a top 3 team in Italy based on players.
He has gone full retard indeed. He’s doing everything he can to get rid of Napoli and focus all his energy on Bari.

Would love to see Nipples Soccer back in Serie B (or C) where they belong.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Is that why you had Napoli and not inter being scudo challengers?...

Juve
Napoli
Inter
Lazio
Roma
Milan
I personally think Napoli are still our main challengers. They have the kind of stability in terms of personnel/coach that Inter, Milan and Roma lack.
Anticipating another pm from brutto

1. Inter
2. Napoli
3. June
4. Milan
5. Sampdoria
6. Lazio
7. Atalanta
8. Roma
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri says at the press that Higuain will play.At trident or starting from the bench?
Dybala on bench.

Which is fine given how well Higuain plays against Napoli.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Definitely didn't expect Napoli exploding like they have nor did I expect Conte to make Inter as good as they have been this season. Kudos to Conte and Inter for proving me wrong.
nobody could have realistically predicted napoli's downfall. they were supposed to be on the podium, but adl happened. i still think they have the 2nd best squad and the 3rd strongest starting lineup in the league. key players like koulibaly, ruiz, allan and insigne are all having below par seasons, it wouldn't help any team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)