[Serie A] Napoli 1-2 JUVENTUS [March 3rd, 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lets try a 442 in preparation to the Atltico game.

------------------Wojek--------

Cancelo---Bonucci----Chiellini----Spinazzola

Berna-------Pjanic-------Matuidi-----Costa

-------------Dybala--------CR7------------

Cancelo and Spinazzola should not be going all out forward, but just offer support for berna/Pjanic and costa/Matuidi.

Pjanic and Matuidi to hold position and give everyball to berna , CR7, Dybala and costa ASAP. Keep it simple, recover the ball and pass it.

The 4 attackers to do their thing.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Seems like a perfect preparation for the CL game. Napoli is a strong team playing on their turf so we can see if we are able to dominate them and score few goals past them without conceding (wishful thinking, I know). I'd play a full squad since there still will be time to recover. Would be a great morale boost as well. Really hoping Max will not chicken out.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Lets try a 442 in preparation to the Atltico game.

------------------Wojek--------

Cancelo---Bonucci----Chiellini----Spinazzola

Berna-------Pjanic-------Matuidi-----Costa

-------------Dybala--------CR7------------
I'd very much like to see this. :tup: Just replace Spina with AS.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yup.

The logic behind is that theres no point in using 3 midfielders when:

1-Our gameplay doesnt go from midfield to forwards with consistency, because we lack good midfielders. So we end with 3 guys just doing nothing but occupying space there without purpouse.

2-All our plays start from the wings anyways because the midfielders instantly pass the ball to the fullbacks/wingers no matter what is happening in the game. They do not start runs, do thru passes, or try to make the team tick. They just sidepass.

So if this will be the case, then just use 2 midfielders, ask them to recover balls and keep it simple, then pass the ball to the closest fullback/winger available and start plays from there.

This way at least we will have 2 wide players on each side to have more options, instead of wasting a slot with a 3rd midfielder who will usually side pass to another midfielder @infinitum or pass backwards.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
CR7 to miss Napoli according to FI (ankle injury) but should be ready for Atletico Madrid...
I dont think playing without Ronaldo would matter much as even if we lose this one we would still comfortably win the scudetto...
Winning against Napoli could create a serious blow in Napoli`s confidence which could see Inter overleap them until the end of the season (I personally prefer Napoli as 2nd and not Inter)
Anyway Forza Juve

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Yup.

The logic behind is that theres no point in using 3 midfielders when:

1-Our gameplay doesnt go from midfield to forwards with consistency, because we lack good midfielders. So we end with 3 guys just doing nothing but occupying space there without purpouse.

2-All our plays start from the wings anyways because the midfielders instantly pass the ball to the fullbacks/wingers no matter what is happening in the game. They do not start runs, do thru passes, or try to make the team tick. They just sidepass.

So if this will be the case, then just use 2 midfielders, ask them to recover balls and keep it simple, then pass the ball to the closest fullback/winger available and start plays from there.

This way at least we will have 2 wide players on each side to have more options, instead of wasting a slot with a 3rd midfielder who will usually side pass to another midfielder @infinitum or pass backwards.

I have been saying this for a year. But been told:

1) Pjanic works best in a 3 man mid
2) No other teams has won with 2 man mid
3) Our mid sucks, so we need extra cover

Im happy to see that the tunes are changing in here and that people come around eventually.

Another thing I noticed a lot is that Pjanic or whoever plays in central, will stand with the ball with 1-2 men super fucking close to him (sometimes the midfielders, other times Chiellini and Bonucci). Super fucking redundant to have 2-3 men standing in the same place, because Pjanic has to make that sidepass, Chiellini or Bonucci cant apparently. It relates to all the other problems and patterns we see. No movement, no passing game, no spaces, nothing happening. Instead of spreading our players more out and trust that every player is capable of passing a football 10-15 meters. No need for a regista + 2 CBs to do 1 job when in possession.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we don't lose, our season will be over when it was supposed to start.
Every year after calciopoli we had something to play for till the end, be it a top 4 finish, a scudetto, Coppa Italia, EL or CL. If we don't lose in Naples and don't eliminate Atletico, we will have nothing to play for in mid-March already. We'll have nothing till late August. What a waste of Cristiano Ronaldo :(
And yet, I want us to beat Napoli.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Every year after calciopoli we had something to play for till the end, be it a top 4 finish, a scudetto, Coppa Italia, EL or CL. If we don't lose in Naples and don't eliminate Atletico, we will have nothing to play for in mid-March already. We'll have nothing till late August. What a waste of Cristiano Ronaldo :(
Loan back to Real for cash (if we get eliminated in the CL)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Read my scenario!
We win against Napoli we goes to 72 and Napoli stays at 56. We end scudetto race once and for all with +16lead!
After Atletico Allegri will wave goodbye and Zidane get appointed as new coach so that he can manage the team without pressure for some months and get ready for next season

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Oh, the irony. @Post Ironic

- - - Updated - - -

Read my scenario!
We win against Napoli we goes to 72 and Napoli stays at 56. We end scudetto race once and for all with +16lead!
After Atletico Allegri will wave goodbye and Zidane get appointed as new coach so that he can manage the team without pressure for some months and get ready for next season
I asume that is @Alen 's scenario also.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The sad thing is that some will hail it as a great season if we end our glorious Serie A campaign undefeated, even if we bomb the CL. The 3-0 humiliation against Atalanta, the shitty football, the CL loss will all be forgotten :sad::sigh:
Nah, I don't see that being the case.

This club has been very vocal about signing Ronaldo for one particular goal. So not achieving that goal would be an obvious failure.

On a sidenote: thinking that signing one specific player guarantees you winning the CL. If anything, we decreased our chances :rofl:

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #77
    @Mark - match day is my wife’s bday soooo...

Gonna try not to

Fake
    A
    N

The game but I’ll still get next thread open but “might” not be right at final whistle :snoop:

Luv u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)