[Serie A] Napoli 1-2 JUVENTUS [March 3rd, 2018] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'd go with:
Szczesny
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Can Pjanic
Berna Dybala Matuidi
Ronaldo​
it makes some sense actually. matuidi played the exact same role with france during the world cup, and he had some very good matches on an individual level, despite not being a natural winger (and i'm being very polite here). i wouldn't mind such an experiment.

i don't really mind formation though. general fitness level of the squad is a certainly biggest issue. most of our players looked exhausted recently.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
More and more Conte vibes from him.
Dude I totally agree.
He started off looking revolutionary. And then as his success mounts, he started to grow comfortable and defensive about his achievements, focusing more on protecting his reputation and improving it.

Modern coaches really need to learn flexibility. Alllegri’s problem with dybala and bonucci gets on my nerve. These players are beasts and they can only cause damage if they are unleashed from allegri’s shackles.

Too much discipline in tactics causes even the best players like CR7 to look average. Discipline and humility is overrated.

If all our players have the ego of zlatan, CR7, or even Pogba, we will have three champions league cups right now. One in each hand, and one stuffed right in the front of our pants.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What a game - We are by far the best in Serie A and it is shown in the table
a win - We will win the scudetto
a draw - We will win the scudetto
a loss - We will win the scudetto

Of course I`ll be watching it but Im still only want the thing we didnt get since 96! They say it is not an obsession but the truth is - it should be!

Anyway I think we will draw this one as Napoli cant really beat us and we dont play well enough to beat Napoli...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
it makes some sense actually. matuidi played the exact same role with france during the world cup, and he had some very good matches on an individual level, despite not being a natural winger (and i'm being very polite here). i wouldn't mind such an experiment.

i don't really mind formation though. general fitness level of the squad is a certainly biggest issue. most of our players looked exhausted recently.
It's kind of true but I don't know why they're so exhausted. Sandro hasn't been playing every match, Cancelo had a month off, LB19 and Giorgio were injured recently. Can had a month of rest, Pjanic been rested too. Berna long injury lay-off, Dybala benched frequently. Only Ronaldo and Matuidi seem to be playing non-stop.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Not saying forget Scudetto, but definitely sacrifice it if needed.
while i would choose CL over scudetto i think that is a dumb plan from the team's perspective. You can't plan to win an elimination tournament, at least not in the way a league. All it takes is one bad game, or one bad call and you are out.

While i agree with resting players when needed in Serie A, it is easy right now when the scudetto race is already over

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's kind of true but I don't know why they're so exhausted. Sandro hasn't been playing every match, Cancelo had a month off, LB19 and Giorgio were injured recently. Can had a month of rest, Pjanic been rested too. Berna long injury lay-off, Dybala benched frequently. Only Ronaldo and Matuidi seem to be playing non-stop.
:butchers:

seriously, our fitness already cost us cardiff. something is clearly wrong with our preparation. atleti were pressing like crazy, and as the match went on, they didn't really stop trying. the gap between the speed and physical strength of the two team looked even bigger towards the end of the match. where's agricola when we need him?

- - - Updated - - -

Szczesny

DeSciglio Bonucci Chiellini Sandro

Cancelo Pjanic Can Spinazzola

Dybala Mandzukic
mandzu looked like a broken man lately. if someone, he and matuidi need some rest. i'd play dybala and kean. we'd still have at least a 10-point advantage either way, it is not an important match, we could experiment and rest some players without risking anything in serie a.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The only explanation to me would be they really tortured them in training during this period to prepare for the stretch run of the season. The confident way Allegri talked yesterday about how we will "definitely" be in top condition for the 2nd leg leads me to believe they're starting to ease up now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We can pull a full Popovich and rest all of our starters, and take a loss. I wouldn't complain if this made a difference in CL.
:agree: Ending the season unbeaten in Serie A means absolutely nothing if we're out of the one competition that really matters, since we acquired Ronaldo in the summer, come march 12th.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
The only explanation to me would be they really tortured them in training during this period to prepare for the stretch run of the season. The confident way Allegri talked yesterday about how we will "definitely" be in top condition for the 2nd leg leads me to believe they're starting to ease up now.
If that's the case it amateurish that they haven't eased up in time for the first leg of 1/16 which can cost us the whole tie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)