[Serie A] Milan 1-3 Juventus [January 6th, 2021] (1 Viewer)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I can see this ending in a 2-2 draw. I really can't see us winning. We didn't look entirely convincing against Udinese, in spite of what the score might suggest.
Udinese made life easy for us and the scoreline is because of them but I cant blame our team for the only ok performance as they had it too easy and didnt need to do more to secure a win...

I think the game is predictable in terms of how it will be played out with Juventus playing the ball more but find it tough to create while Milan trying to confuse our defense (mainly on counters)
The bad thing is that we dont defend counters good enough as evident against Fiorentina.
The good thing is when we play well we dont allow our opponent to breathe which means blunders in the Milan defense could happen.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I just feel like, despite these might be the best available players, this formation with Chiesa on the left was deployed numerous times this season always with horrible defensive transition. It leaves a hole on the midfield and on the left.

I suppose countering is precisely Milan's game, so... I'm definitely pessimistic. Matchup looks bad

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Chiesa works very hard defensively and bombs forward, he has to start on the right while Ramsey can be on the left side. The American and Bentancur can hustle in the middle.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Ronaldo - Dybala - Chiesa
Ramsey - Bentancur/Arthur - McKennie
Frabotta - Chiellini/Demiral - De Ligt - Cuadrado
Buffon​
Same but instead of Frabotta I would 100% play Danilo. For the other two contested roles I would choose Chiellini and Arthur, although we don't know the conditions of Chiellini and Demiral. Better to play Bonucci than to play them if they are out of fitness.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I just feel like, despite these might be the best available players, this formation with Chiesa on the left was deployed numerous times this season always with horrible defensive transition. It leaves a hole on the midfield and on the left.

I suppose countering is precisely Milan's game, so... I'm definitely pessimistic. Matchup looks bad
Yes, this would be a test for Pirlo and his tactics. Milan with counter and pacey players like Hernandez, Leao, Rebic would be interesting.

Somehow Pirlo's demand for players to be aggressive and lots of 1 on 1 can creates lots of advantage position when attacks but we still lack final ball or patience. But in defensive transition it also creates lots of holes, especially their AM running directly towards our CB or through ball in the center like what Ribery did to us.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Milan is playing without Bennacer and Tonali. For this match I see no excuses of "our midfielders aren't good enough", they will likely have to play Krunic. Krunic is terrible, wouldn't get into our bench.

The problems are Kessie, Calhanoglu, Leao, Rebic and Theo.

Having Ronaldo, Dybala, Cuadrado, Chiesa, Ramsey we should cause them bigger problems.

If the team has the right attitude and is set up well tactically as we saw vs Barcelona, Atalanta, or Lazio, we should win.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Zero expectations here. They will be pumped, while our overpaid queens won't bother. I hope I'm wrong but I'm so tired of this team taking games too lightly or simply switching off during those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)