[Serie A] milan 0-2 JUVENTUS (March 2nd 2014) (17 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Licht

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I have never seen a team play so badly yet win so comfortably.

We're happy with the win but one cannot feel anything but let down, and concerned for the future, with such a performance.

The scoreline can't make us blind to the fact that there's still a lot of work to be done in improving this team, particularly if we hope to compete in Europe in any effective way.

One of the main concerning aspects of our game is the way we are easily put on the back foot when an opponent applies minimal pressure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think it's arrogance, and I see it more as fatigue. As Conte said, Pogba played the u-20, had like 2 weeks rest all year, and couldn't be rested due to Marchisio's and Pirlo's injuries. It's really normal for a 20 year old to have a dip in form considering the above.

JCK mentioned it many times this season, but failing to find a replacement for Giaccherini was a mistake. Conte doesn't trust Padoin or Isla in CM. Last year Giacc and Pogba were giving us an option to rest the midfield trio. This year, lots of times, the three starting midfielders were the only midfielders we had, and they were playing full matches. Especially Vidal and Pogba played a lot. It's just natural that they can't keep the same tempo all season long.

Naturally, Cronios wil complain, but this team does need a reliable CM 5th choice.
That's why I really wanted Radja and later on Guarin, one of them coming over would have helped us a great deal at this heavy schedule now.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
That's the problem tbh, no matter how shit our opponents are, if they have a basic understanding of how to press us properly we end up playing on the back foot. It has to be the system coupled with Pirlo.

Any old group of players can press us into the ground. Thankfully, most teams in Serie A just sit back and refuse to put any sort of pressure on our back 3. Otherwise we'd be left scratching our heads a lot more often.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
People earlier on who laughed at the notion of us buying a 5th CM :lol:

One suspension, one injury and we're screwed because we have no option on the bench and we certainly don't have a plan B where we can afford to use 2 CMs at a time.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
That's why I really wanted Radja and later on Guarin, one of them coming over would have helped us a great deal at this heavy schedule now.
One of them would have been perfect. Our MF is generally exposed when his not there to provide the energy.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem tbh, no matter how $#@! our opponents are, if they have a basic understanding of how to press us properly we end up playing on the back foot. It has to be the system coupled with Pirlo.

Any old group of players can press us into the ground. Thankfully, most teams in Serie A just sit back and refuse to put any sort of pressure on our back 3. Otherwise we'd be left scratching our heads a lot more often.
Verona pressured us into submission after we went 2-0 up. Luckily the game ended when it did.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
No way Radja.I am still pissed off why that deal with Guarin was called off.I like Mirko utmost but that deal was fine.Radja is not a half of Guarin.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You know, as much as Pogba was seething with frustration and rage, I imagine it's only a tenth of what most romanisti are experiencing right now. :lol2:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Look at this guy- Radja is a beast, closer to Vidal than Guarin is in terms of the type of player.
Guarin is nothing less a beast than Radja but his skills and technique are far above Radja.At any sense more versatile and better player than Radja.Radja is a boxer no more than that.Guarin can think,pass ,score and everything.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
That's the problem tbh, no matter how $#@! our opponents are, if they have a basic understanding of how to press us properly we end up playing on the back foot. It has to be the system coupled with Pirlo.

bu bu but... 3-5-2 is teh perfect formation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)