[Serie A] milan 0-1 JUVENTUS (September 20th 2014) (39 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Licht

• Pogba

• Pereyra

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Ogbonna

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Recall an Interview with Chiellini in the past, kinda showed what a contrast he is, journo described him as double natured. Brutish and vicious neanderthal on the pitch, but calm and collected intellectual off it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
So, as a football fan you find yourself in the situation we were in with regards to Conte and European Cups. Of course you try to justify what is going on, it's just the way your mind works when you're emotionally attached to the team - you try and make excuses for their mistakes. Just as Max will make some moves that we will try and justify because he is our coach, and which we will pick apart when he leaves. People who act like they're emotionally consistent are full of $#@!, that is an oxymoron.
No that's called being childish and immature imo. You gotta be fair not biased in your opinions. If a player/coach of ours makes an obvious mistake, you acknowledge that and criticize him while he's with us. Defending someone blindly, while deep down you know he's doing wrong is just hypocrisy, toward yourself and specially others.

So by analogy zach knows some of the decisions made by allegri, marotta etc. right know are plain wrong but he's lying to himself and us defending them, just to flip flop when they leave and laugh at them and whatever they do. I can't take anything someone like that says, seriously.

Why are you insulting me ? I dislike what Conte is saying and how he behaved since he left juventus. I take his words very personal as a juventus fan.

Look Osman, dont be like this. I know you are a huge Conte fanboy, but $#@!ing listen to this :

As a coach, i stand by everything i said and backed about him. Everything i backed him for.

As a person, i hate how he left juventus, i dislike but understand his anti juventus comments after getting hired by the FIGC that tried ruining his career, but i hugely dislike what he just said.

How exactly is me disliking how he behaves like a person contradicts how i backed and will continue backing his inquestionable skills as a coach ???????
No you are specifically making fun of Conte's after mach comments, were as back when he was our coach it was obvious (and I distinctly remember multiple times) that you read and referenced those exact same post match comments made by Conte. Trying to explain them to us and drill them into our skulls like you and only you understand what they mean and they were like holy scripture to you.
That's what we don't like about you, changing your stand based on where the wind blows.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No you are specifically making fun of Conte's after mach comments, were as back when he was our coach it was obvious (and I distinctly remember multiple times) that you read and referenced those exact same post match comments made by Conte. Trying to explain them to us and drill them into our skulls like you and only you understand what they mean and they were like holy scripture to you.
That's what we don't like about you, changing your stand based on where the wind blows.
I back conte as a coach, and i dislike what he said since he lift and the way he left. Its really that simple.

Stop attacking me now. I cant say this any simpeler

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Recall an Interview with Chiellini in the past, kinda showed what a contrast he is, journo described him as double natured. Brutish and vicious neanderthal on the pitch, but calm and collected intellectual off it.
So let me get this straight. That interview showed how Chiellini is on and off the pitch

But if i dislike what conte says...in an interview...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
When did he do that? IIRC he's only been critical towards his recent comments, that were indirectly concerning Juve in a negative context, and after what Conte has been spewing to the papers last month or so even his most ardent supporters are turning their backs on him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol you don't know when to quit.

The reporter followed Chiellini in his daily life, interviewed his family, friends, old childhood coaches etc to explain how unusual it is he is fiery warrior on the pitch and a shy smart fella off it as contrast etc.

Conte in comparison seems fairly typical example, how he was on the pitch and off it as a character is the same basically.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I allready know, next time azzurri get a good win, and i praise conte for showing again his talent as a tactician wich i've allways done, people like Osman and Donpiero will be on my ass saying i changed opinion again.

its pathetic really.

Why the fuck should i, as a juventus fan care about how to interprete his comments ? He's supposed to be a professional. If he gives an interview, he's supposed to eighter give a professional answer, or know he will be going against juventus fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you don't know when to quit.

The reporter followed Chiellini in his daily life, interviewed his family, friends, old childhood coaches etc to explain how unusual it is he is fiery warrior on the pitch and a shy smart fella off it as contrast etc.

Conte in comparison seems fairly typical example, how he was on the pitch and off it as a character is the same basically.
Thats bullshit. Any normal player or coach over 24 knows how to give these interviews. Unless they are angry about how the game went, they'll be professional and know the weight of their answers. Especially coaches.

if Conte says such things unrelated to emotions of the game just ago, its because he means it, or doesnt give a fuck.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Conte has never been professional with his comments since his Serie B days, always been a hot-headed guy who is bit fiery and tactless in his press conferences.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Dominant performance in our first big test of the season. I'll take it.

Buffon 6.5 (Good save on the Honda header)
Caceres NR (Sucks that he got injured when he's been in such good form)
Bonucci 6.5 (Error free game from him)
Chiellini 5 (Two bad mistakes could have cost us)
Lichtsteiner 6.5 (Always a great outlet but needs to improve his end product)
Pereyra 7 (Impressive display. Looks like a very useful signing)
Marchisio 7 (Assured performance)
Pogba 7.5 (Beastly in the second half. Brilliant assist)
Asamoah 6 (Solid but not much of a threat)
Tevez 7 (Match winner)
Llorente 5.5 (He still contributes to the team when he's not scoring but it's time to give Morata a chance)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Good game but we really have to fix our final 3rd play. I like the fact Allegri is fixing our inability to cope with other teams pressing :tup:

It could be time for 4321? Tevez - Llorente/Morata - Pereyra with support from one of Pogba/Vidal? IMO we shouldn't be going with the 352 against Atletico, let's not repeat mistakes from the past. We're not fast and efficient enough upfront with it (even though it works in Serie A perfectly well).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Strong, controlled performance from Juve.

Was never going to be an open, exciting game - unless one (or both) of the teams or coaches got things badly wrong.

Milan had no interest in doing anything but waiting for counter-attacking chances; Juve weren't going to take risks to force things.

The key thing for Juve was to stay patient and not fall into the trap of committing too many men forward or playing risky sideways passes that could have left them vulnerable with several men wrong side of the ball.

Juve got the balance right and there was enough quality in the final third - mostly through Llorente and Pereyra in the first half and Pogba in the second half - that Juve were going to create enough half-chances that you would expect them to take one of them and win the game. As it happened, Pogba did something brilliant and created a clear chance so Juve didn't have to rely on taking a difficult chance.

In being cautious in the first half, Juve came pretty close to playing an orthodox back four. Asamoah wasn't pushing high up and that allowed the three centre-halves to shuffle a little across to the right and leave Lichtsteiner with virtually no defensive responsibilities. I liked the move because it reduced the risk of getting caught three versus three, as can happen with 4-3-3 against 3-5-2. With Lichtsteiner playing as a winger, Pereyra was then free to play very centrally and it was him bursting through the middle of the pitch that produced Juve's best chances in the first half.

In the second half Juve - having established that they were pushing Milan so far back that they couldn't threaten on the break - returned to playing in a more orthodox 3-5-2 (or 3-5-1-1, given the role Tevez now seems to be playing) shape and continued to boss the game and look capable of scoring without taking any risks.

Thought it was interesting that, in contrast to Juve's last couple of games, Juve barely attempted a cross from open play in the entire game. It could be because Allegri thinks Milan aren't vulnerable to that, but I'd be susrprised if that is the case given that everyone is vulnerable to conceding from crosses when playing against Llorente. More likely that it was an anti- counter-attack measure (like Conte with his short corners) as you do tend to need to commit a few players to the box to be likely to score from a cross (especially if you don't have great crossers.

Instead Llorente was very much the focal point of Juve's attack for most of the game. The whole plan was playing pretty much through the middle, with Llorente occupying Milan defenders and laying balls off for the likes of Tevez and Pereyra moving forward from deeper positions. It's quite a safe way of attacking because you can be very dangerous with only two or three players risking being caught ahead of the ball should things go wrong.

Anyway, good team performance with good game-specific plans from Allegri.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Strong, controlled performance from Juve.

Was never going to be an open, exciting game - unless one (or both) of the teams or coaches got things badly wrong.

Milan had no interest in doing anything but waiting for counter-attacking chances; Juve weren't going to take risks to force things.

The key thing for Juve was to stay patient and not fall into the trap of committing too many men forward or playing risky sideways passes that could have left them vulnerable with several men wrong side of the ball.

Juve got the balance right and there was enough quality in the final third - mostly through Llorente and Pereyra in the first half and Pogba in the second half - that Juve were going to create enough half-chances that you would expect them to take one of them and win the game. As it happened, Pogba did something brilliant and created a clear chance so Juve didn't have to rely on taking a difficult chance.

In being cautious in the first half, Juve came pretty close to playing an orthodox back four. Asamoah wasn't pushing high up and that allowed the three centre-halves to shuffle a little across to the right and leave Lichtsteiner with virtually no defensive responsibilities. I liked the move because it reduced the risk of getting caught three versus three, as can happen with 4-3-3 against 3-5-2. With Lichtsteiner playing as a winger, Pereyra was then free to play very centrally and it was him bursting through the middle of the pitch that produced Juve's best chances in the first half.

In the second half Juve - having established that they were pushing Milan so far back that they couldn't threaten on the break - returned to playing in a more orthodox 3-5-2 (or 3-5-1-1, given the role Tevez now seems to be playing) shape and continued to boss the game and look capable of scoring without taking any risks.

Though it was interesting that, in contrast to Juve's last couple of games, Juve barely attempted a cross from open play in the entire game. It could be because Allegri thinks Milan aren't vulnerable to that, but I'd be susrprised if that is the case given that everyone is vulnerable to conceding from crosses when playing against Llorente. More likely that it was an anti- counter-attack measure (like Conte with his short corners) as you do tend to need to commit a few players to the box to be likely to score from a cross (especially if you don't have great crossers.

Instead Llorente was very much the focal point of Juve's attack for most of the game. The whole plan was playing pretty much through the middle, with Llorente occupying Milan defenders and laying balls off for the likes of Tevez and Pereyra moving forward from deeper positions. It's quite a safe way of attacking because you can be very dangerous with only two or three players risking being caught ahead of the ball should things go wrong.

Anyway, good team performance with good game-specific plans from Allegri.
Excellent analysis :tup:

Considering the speed of Menez, Honda and El sharaawy, it was a brilliant move by Allegri who kinda killed most of Milans counterattacking plans by doing that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)