[Serie A] milan 0-1 JUVENTUS (September 20th 2014) (77 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Licht

• Pogba

• Pereyra

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Ogbonna

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Anyway, I see both teams playing a cautious game where they will be very reluctant to commit men ahead of the ball and risk conceding counter-attacks.

I suspect both teams would accept a draw and not play the game if you offered them that option.

On that basis, I don't evisage many (perhaps any) goals unless someone scores early and forces the other side to change gameplan and open up and take risks to try and recover.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Anyway, I see both teams playing a cautious game where they will be very reluctant to commit men ahead of the ball and risk conceding counter-attacks.

I suspect both teams would accept a draw and not play the game if you offered them that option.

On that basis, I don't evisage many (perhaps any) goals.
This will give us an insight into Allegri's character. Does he have the guts to go at them hard, or will he do what we expect and to sit back?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why would attacking suggest guts?

It could just as easily suggest stupidity.

Milan are a team who want to play on the counter-attack.

Juve should spend the first hour of the game (at least) trying to win the game while risking as little as possible.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why would attacking suggest guts?

It could just as easily suggest stupidity.

Milan are a team who want to play on the counter-attack.

Juve should spend the first hour of the game (at least) trying to win the game while risking as little as possible.
Not suggesting a full fledged attack for 90 mins, but playing tentatively doesn't seem necessary either.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This is the first game where I might have looked at playing with a back four.

I still see the issue of it being hard to get the balance of a team right when you are playing against a 4-3-3 with a back three/five.

There isn't even the argument of needing the extra defender to cover for Pirlo's defensive limitations, since Marchisio is playing in front of the defence.

I think I might play something along the lines of:

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Bonucci-Chiellini-??????

Pogba--Marchisio--Asamoah

Pereyra--Tevez

Llorente​

Evra or Caceres at left-back.

Playing Caceres at left-back has the advantage of allowing you to easily switch back to 3-5-2 if that is required during the match.

It's still a long way from being a strong side, but there are signs of them being a stronger unit than last season.

They seem to be prepared to work as a team in a way they haven't done consistently in years and they have the pace to be able to worry teams.

I just get the feeling they've finially got themselves a reasonably balanced unit that will at least get the best out of what they have, even if what they have still isn't much to shout about.
not sold they had the same results with seedorf when he first started, their defense still below mediocre, apart from rami, and their midfield without bite, though that might change when montolivo comes back. In the final 3rd, menez and honda are not the kind of players you want to depend on week in week out.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
This is a shit Milan team. No top talent anywhere in their starting 11.

I'm just worried that their false 9, quick forwards will be a bane to our defenders. We got to stay solid on Saturday, and Llorente has to have his scoring boots on.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
not sold they had the same results with seedorf when he first started, their defense still below mediocre, apart from rami, and their midfield without bite, though that might change when montolivo comes back. In the final 3rd, menez and honda are not the kind of players you want to depend on week in week out.
I'm not expecting them to do much this season.

I never saw any potential for anything good to happen under Seedorf because his tactics didn't suit the players and Milan had given him a horribly unbalanced squad.

This squad is still mediocre, but I can see how they can do okay with it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Pereyra or Coman? @Red

(I saw you had Pereyra. Why?)
More versatility to change shape during the game.

With Pereyra and Caceres in my team, you could easily drop back to 3-5-2 if things aren't working.

While you could argue the team I suggested would be better with Evra and Coman in those spots, it would mean Juve would have to make substitutions in order to change anything.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
More versatility to change shape during the game.

With Pereyra and Caceres in my team, you could easily drop back to 3-5-2 if things aren't working.

While you could argue the team I suggested would be better with Evra and Coman in those spots, it would mean Juve would have to make substitutions in order to change anything.
Gracias

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
As shit as Milan have been these past couple of years, we're long overdue a massive win against them as we usually make it difficult for ourselves. We need to be relentless in attack.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

SKY :

- - - Updated - - -

Players called up:

Juventus : Buffon, Storari, Rubinho, Chiellini, Caceres, Ogbonna, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Evra, Romulo, Pogba, Pepe, Marchisio, Padoin, Asamoah, Vidal, Pereira, Mattiello, Morata, Tevez, Coman, Giovinco, Llorente

Milan : Abbiati, Agazzi, Gori, Abate, Albertazzi, Armero, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Zaccardo, Zapata, Essien, De Jong, Mastalli, Muntari, Poli, Van Ginkel, Bonaventura, El Shaarawy, Honda, Menez, Niang, Pazzini, Torres

Jul 1, 2010
This is a shit Milan team. No top talent anywhere in their starting 11.

I'm just worried that their false 9, quick forwards will be a bane to our defenders. We got to stay solid on Saturday, and Llorente has to have his scoring boots on.
El Shawarma is a top talent, except that he's always injured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)