[Serie A] Messina - Juventus (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Armada ] ++

1. None of the passes to Zlatan were from DP. 2. With Trez's current form, he probably wouldn't even have gotten the shots on goal....
Hmm maybe my eyes weren't that good ... nnnh they were.. Del Piero gave the assist for the 2nd one-on-one.
First chance was a cross from Zambrotta where Zlatan was less than 6m away from the goal without even the goally bein aware and he hit it so hard on the side bar.
Second chance, a genious over deffenders head pass from Del Piero to Zlatan where he had all the time in the world to prepair himself to shoot, result he shot the ball direct into the keeper. Two easy shots..
He was selfish in many occasions where we could have passed the ball to any other player.
Zlatan and Alex partnership is NOT working. Capello has to do something otherwise its better to field Del Piero with Zalayata or Ibrahimovic with Zalayata, thats ofcourse if trezeguet is not ready.
I see our best chances is to field Del Piero with Trezeguet up front against Real. But since latest news suggest otherwise, I think Capello has to find away to make Del Piero and Ibrahimovic partnership work.
Ibrahimovic is a great player, but has to know that there are other players in the team, more of there are other attackers in the team.
The situation looks like if Zlatan doesn't want Del Piero to shine which will see him loose his first team place. He doesn't mind Trezeguet since both players play two different roles, where he and Alex are more or less same role in a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 formation. So basically when Trezeguet is back its either Zlatan or Alex.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
I just wanted to say the same Dr, Milan will Loose next week against Inter...am quite sure of it....
inter havent won in a derby to my memory in quite a while. so im pretty confident that we'll win this! :)

but inter havent lost all season which makes them a tough nut to crack.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
thats sooo unfair in blasi's sake, he played a great defensive game running around everywhere and trying to get the ball, how the hell do u have the freaking heart to say that. Thats soo unfair
Because we lost the midfield and everytime Blasi tried to steal the ball they got a freekick.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

inter havent won in a derby to my memory in quite a while. so im pretty confident that we'll win this! :)

but inter havent lost all season which makes them a tough nut to crack.

I hope inter win , but i am shure they will draw 2-2:D

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++

that one is really tough to swallow !! :down:
Always try to be optimistic.. Now the Serie A will get even more exciting.. I am saying this with alot of bitterness :frown:
Hopefully we will be back on track soon.. I am very optimistic by our captains performance, lets just hope Capello doesn't bench him. He was the best out there on Saturday.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't think Milan will take full points against Inter without Shevchenko next weekend so we have to make it our business to beat Siena. I hope this is only the beginning of things to come from Del Piero.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I don't think Milan will take full points against Inter without Shevchenko next weekend so we have to make it our business to beat Siena. I hope this is only the beginning of things to come from Del Piero .
:)

Apr 26, 2004
Juventus cannot go further than a 0-0 in Messina despite dominating the game, especially the second half. The result tastes bitter but the Bianconeri’s performance is undoubtedly reassuring in view of Tuesday’s big match against Real Madrid

Messina start with the right pace against Juventus, who wear the mourning-band in Omar Sivori’s honour; after 4’ minutes they attack with Donati, whose powerful right-footed shot from the edge of the box passes the post on Buffon’s left side. Juventus reply on 8’ minutes with Del Piero’s free kick from 30 metres, passing over the crossbar. The tit-for-tat goes on: on 16’ minutes, a misunderstanding between Thuram and Zebina favours Parisi’s drive from the long distance, intercepted by Cannavaro. D’Agostino get hold of the ball but his attempt to goal is vain. One minute later Del Piero dribbles two opponents and he’s floored at the edge of the box. The very Del Piero takes it upon himself to play the free kick but the shot ends high over the bar. The Captain is one of the most active: on 21’ minutes he anticipates Rezaei on Zambrotta’s cross but he cannot find the goal and on 25’ minutes he goes for the finish from outside the box, but Storari clears. Ibrahimovic gets on the ball but the Sicilian goalkeeper can save his bad kick. During Juventus’s best moment it’s Messina, though, that get near to scoring: after 29 minutes D’Agostino’s free kick is intercepted by Zampagna who heads it forward but hits the post on Buffon’s left. The match is lively and Del Piero is an absolut protagonist: the Bianconeri’s Captain dribbles two opponents on 39’ minutes and serves Emerson who, however, is anticipated by Rezaei and on 44’ minutes he hooks the ball and goes for a left-footed shot, finally over the crossbar.
This was the last occasion into the first half, which ends 0-0.

The second half starts with Juventus in attack: on 2’ minutes Zebina crosses on the right, Zambrotta hooks well the ball and shoots at goal, slightly wide of target. 4 minutes later it’s Emerson who tries to serve Zebina, who is anticipated by Parisi right in front of the net. On 13’ minutes Ibrahimovic attempts to goal on a free kick but he misses the target. On 16’ minutes Capello substitutes Zebina with the third striker, Zalayeta, making Juventus more aggressive. On 18’ minutes, Ibrahimovic has the best occasion of the match on his foot: the Bianconeri take Messina’s defence by surprise playing quickly a free kick, Zambrotta runs down the left flank to cross for Zlatan who, completely unmarked in the centre of the box, fires onto the goal but incredibly hits the post. Meanwhile, it starts pouring down over the San Filippo Stadium and it becomes hard to play the game. On 36’ minutes, it’s still Ibrahimovic who gets near to scoring with a powerful shot masterly saved by Storari, who beats the ball away. Emerson, in his attempt to goal, commits foul on Zoro and the action is vain. On 45’ minutes, Ibrahimovic runs down the left flank and shoots a tricky low kick which Messina’s defenders manage to clear into the corner. It is the last thrill of the match. Messina’s supporters at the San Filippo can celebrate the draw snatched from the Bianconeri.

MESSINA-JUVENTUS 0-0

JUVENTUS
Buffon, Zebina (16’sh Zalayeta), Thuram, Montero (29’ sh Ferrara), Cannavaro; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Zambrotta; Del Piero, Ibrahimovic.
Substitutes: Chimenti, Pessotto, Birindelli, Tacchinardi Appiah.
Manager: Capello.

MESSINA
Storari; Zoro, Rezaei, Cristante, Parisi; Iliev (26’ sh Rafael), Zanchi, D'Agostino (26’ sh Giampà), Donati; Zampagna, Di Napoli
Substitutes: Eleftheropoulos, Cucciari, , D’Alterio, Yanagisawa, Bernardo
Manager: Mutti

YELLOW CARDS: 35’ pt Emerson, 46’ pt Zoro, 14’ sh Parisi, 36’ sh Giampà, 36’ sh Storari, 38’ sh Ibrahimovic
REFEREE: Farina
ASSISTANT REFEREES: Mitro, Baglioni
FOURTH OFFICIAL: Squillace

Apr 26, 2004
“During the first half they pushed us and we struggled a little but we were still dangerous. In the second half we had incredible scoring occasions but we are a bit unlucky at the moment and the ball just do not want to get in.” Fabio Capello obviously regrets getting a draw in Messina. The Bianconeri’s manager cannot be satisfied with the result, yet he gets some positive indications from his squad’s performance: “We are in good physical condition, to the extent that we created the most dangerous occasions in the second half. This is certainly a positive fact in view of Madrid. Del Piero? He played a great match: in the first half, he dribbled past opponents several times and he had the chance to score at least once.. he’s unquestionably improving.”

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Rainforest Liu ] ++
“During the first half they pushed us and we struggled a little but we were still dangerous. In the second half we had incredible scoring occasions but we are a bit unlucky at the moment and the ball just do not want to get in.” Fabio Capello obviously regrets getting a draw in Messina. The Bianconeri’s manager cannot be satisfied with the result, yet he gets some positive indications from his squad’s performance: “We are in good physical condition, to the extent that we created the most dangerous occasions in the second half. This is certainly a positive fact in view of Madrid. Del Piero? He played a great match: in the first half, he dribbled past opponents several times and he had the chance to score at least once.. he’s unquestionably improving.”
I agree with Capello on this:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)