[Serie A] Livorno 1-1 JUVENTUS (February 6th, 2010) (5 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Candreva is perhaps trying to be deployed as some sort of regista, which he is not. Another case of not understanding the personnel and acquiring players we don't really need.
We seem to have become experts at that. We tend to play atleast 2 players out of position per game. Excellent.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
He's the only player that makes the difference. If there were any wrong signings it's Grosso and Melo.
25 million euro's down the drain (combined prices), we won't even see anything close to those numbers in return if we decide to sell them.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Hope we'll never play 3-4-1-2 again.

And why the hell Giovinco didn't play again?

Wouldn't be surprise if Buffon and Chiellini decide lo leave ,why should they waste their careers here.
Sorry to let you down with the prediction, gio. I didn't think he'd actually field a 3-4-1-2 with our squad.. yet he did. :cry:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He's the only player that makes the difference. If there were any wrong signings it's Grosso and Melo.
Diego is a great player and our best player. I find myself wanting to kiss him when I see him run and fight while the idiots around him just walk and don't have the brain to follow him.

But we were a 4-4-2 team that was set to rely on width and strong attackers who were masters of heading the perfect crosses Nedved and Camo provided.
By buying Diego it was clear to Ranieri that the whole formation will need to be changed and in order to do it, and get the best out of Diego, we were going to need a regista, great full backs in addition to Diego and attackers who were going to run into spaces instead of static attackers who are strong in the air. We were gonna lose the width so the great full backs were a must, while a regista and a running attacker were a must too considering our lack of ideas behind Diego and the lack of movement in front of Diego.

Ranieri knew that it's impossible to buy all those players and that sooner or later the things that are happening now will happen.
That's why instead of buying Diego he wanted us to keep a formation where we rely on width, the well known to the players formation, and buy a great winger+ a regista or a great full back.

The transformation to a Nedvedless Juve would have been much easier and the results would have been better.

Of course, I'm talking strictly about this season because if we have a good mercato and buy the needed players, then Diego's purchase will prove to be a great one in the future.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
what's annoying is that we use our lack or wingers to justify not playing 4-2-3-1 but yet we use 3 at the back formation with a squad that only has 3 CBs cuz 4 was deemed excess in january

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Diego is a great player and our best player. I find myself wanting to kiss him when I see him run and fight while the idiots around him just walk and don't have the brain to follow him.

But we were a 4-4-2 team that was set to rely on width and strong attackers who were masters of heading the perfect crosses Nedved and Camo provided.
By buying Diego it was clear to Ranieri that the whole formation will need to be changed and in order to do it, and get the best out of Diego, we were going to need a regista, great full backs in addition to Diego and attackers who were going to run into spaces instead of static attackers who are strong in the air. We were gonna lose the width so the great full backs were a must, while a regista and a running attacker were a must too considering our lack of ideas behind Diego and the lack of movement in front of Diego.

Ranieri knew that it's impossible to buy all those players and that sooner or later the things that are happening now will happen.
That's why instead of buying Diego he wanted us to keep a formation where we rely on width, the well known to the players formation, and buy a great winger+ a regista or a great full back.

The transformation to a Nedvedless Juve would have been much easier and the results would have been better.

Of course, I'm talking strictly about this season because if we have a good mercato and buy the needed players, then Diego's purchase will prove to be a great one in the future.
We wanted to make a cheaper option. Seeing Nedved going we wanted to use our midfielders and make something out of it, where Poulsen and Tiago would do something, but it didn't work.

4-4-2 would provide us better results but even if we bought Nedved's replacement we'd need to buy an AMR as well, seeing Camo unfit and injured. Sali should not be a starter of course. 4-4-2 requires a player like Nedved, we had/have Giovinco and I think he's more suited for 4-2-3-1.

So it's pretty simple, we wanted to pick cheaper option and role with it. Still, we made wrong moves when we signed Melo for example. We didn't even need him and we spent 25mln for him.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I am not all that surprised that things arent going better with Zac in charge.....maybe I expected a little improvement, but all we have is the same mediocrity

A few years back, I liked Zac as a coach, and I kept an eye on what he was (or should I say "wasnt") doing over at Torino. They were a team that just never got into first gear...much like us

The blame goes around for the slump were in, and the next target for the sack should be BLANK and SUCKO. In fact, as this may get a cetain member here named "IrishZebra" very upset, seeing as he has certain "ties" to the ownership (you will have to ask him for clarification), I feel that the Elkann clan MUST turn this team over to Andrea Agnelli, and bring back Giraudo IMMEDIATELY, and Moggi back next season. That is, I feel, the only way to right this ship, because NO coach we bring in is going to solve managerial problems (I will cover all of this in the management thread)

Back to the game, we were plain pitiful. We put some passes together, but we only accomplished that passing backwards, and side to side, but rarely were we able to go forward. How can we get a decent attack going with 5 defenders on the field, two of which who cannot cross the ball for shit ??

Amauri was a constant crybaby who has completely lost all focus, and should be benched and replaced with ANYONE

Melo, given his form this season, should not even be considered for Brazil at the WC. Was anyone else thinking after he got that early yellow card, that the red was certain to come out tonight ??

Diego tried, but same results. He had some opportunities while he was in the box to lay a few balls off to the top of the box, but chose to shoot. All shots were blocked. I guess if one would have went in, I wouldnt be pointing this out

Candreva is playing in the wrong position, and so was Caceres, Grosso, and DC

Nice coverage on the goal by Grosso, he looked like a tourist

Who is Giovinco ??

I've had enough !!!:sergio:

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
so i made the mistake of thinking, Juve cant not beat livorno, new manager playing a terrible opponent, gio is back etc. etc. but you know, they have managed to cost me £499. THE ONE RESULT ON MY ACCUMULATOR THAT DIDNT COME OFF IS OUR FUCKING INCOMPETENT TEAM.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Soooo, what did I miss? :shifty:

I was(and am) kicking myself for missing this game for a concert, soooo, how did our Helveg football turn out to be? :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)