[Serie A] Livorno 1-1 JUVENTUS (February 6th, 2010) (24 Viewers)

OP
SABSAB

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
  • Thread Starter #166
    Name one youth player that was given an honest chance in the first team, consistently for a season or even a half season to prove their worth recently, lets say in last 4 years? (Exclude marchisio)

I'm talking about 17,18, 19, maybe even 20....but no one older than 21 or 22.
    This is the main problem. A player can't develop himself in Serie A with 23. They need to be giving a proper chance from when they are 18/19 years. If they don't fit, sell them and look out for the next talent. When they impress give them a run. In Italy it's always like one mistake the youngster is out. They need to given the chance to make mistakes. Only this way they can learn and improve.

Giovinco could have been huge too.
    Yeah could, I don't see him becoming a great one in Italy. Sad but true. I just hope he leaves for Germany, less physical, more open and attractive for his kind of play. He'd have enough freedom here. Or wherever he wants to go.

I HAVE 8000 POSTS! WHOHOO!!
    Congrats:)
    Now go, make a dedication before Dusan bans you for not making one.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Let's celebrate babes :eyebrows:
    How so? :snoop:
    :beer:
    This is the main problem. A player can't develop himself in Serie A with 23. They need to be giving a proper chance from when they are 18/19 years. If they don't fit, sell them and look out for the next talent. When they impress give them a run. In Italy it's always like one mistake the youngster is out. They need to given the chance to make mistakes. Only this way they can learn and improve.

Congrats:)
    Now go, make a dedication before Dusan bans you for not making one.
    I enjoy posts like these, SAB. Brilliant.

I don't know if I should make a dedication for 8000...seems like an ambiguous number, no?:shifty:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Name one youth player that was given an honest chance in the first team, consistently for a season or even a half season to prove their worth recently, lets say in last 4 years? (Exclude marchisio)

I'm talking about 17,18, 19, maybe even 20....but no one older than 21 or 22.
    None, except possibly Paro. No need to limit it to 4 years btw.

But that was part of my point: None of our previous great talents that never received true chances have turned out to be great players anyway. So, in hindsight, one could say that they weren't good enough to be given chances in the first place.

As I said before, I'm against the endless loaning (& co-owning) & I do feel that youngsters should get their chance when the time is right. Heck, I would like nothing more than 1st team players coming through the ranks at Juve.
    But there may have been / be very good reasons why our youngsters receive(d) few chances.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    None, except possibly Paro. No need to limit it to 4 years btw.

But that was part of my point: None of our previous great talents that never received true chances have turned out to be great players anyway. So, in hindsight, one could say that they weren't good enough to be given chances in the first place.

As I said before, I'm against the endless loaning (& co-owning) & I do feel that youngsters should get their chance when the time is right. Heck, I would like nothing more than 1st team players coming through the ranks at Juve.
    But there may have been / be very good reasons why our youngsters receive(d) few chances.
    The time is right on Saturday against Livorno.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    The time is right on Saturday against Livorno.
    I don't know that.

When I say the right time, I'm not talking about a certain opponent, but more about the youngster himself. None of us here have any real idea about the development our (current) youngsters have gone through so far, so I honestly can't say it is or isn't the right time.

That being said, our attacking play has been underwhelming so far, so changes are very much needed. And since those changes can't be carried out with senior players (due to injuries), the people in charge should at least think about certain youngsters.

Look, we all know this is an endless discussion, but the fact remains that none of our (so called) great youth talents have turned out to be great players.
    So, was it indeed the wrong decision that we never gave them chances or relied on them?

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I don't know that.

When I say the right time, I'm not talking about a certain opponent, but more about the youngster himself. None of us here have any real idea about the development our (current) youngsters have gone through so far, so I honestly can't say it is or isn't the right time.

That being said, our attacking play has been underwhelming so far, so changes are very much needed. And since those changes can't be carried out with senior players (due to injuries), the people in charge should at least think about certain youngsters.

Look, we all know this is an endless discussion, but the fact remains that none of our (so called) great youth talents have turned out to be great players.
    So, was it indeed the wrong decision that we never gave them chances or relied on them?
    I am only talking about Immobile, Marrone, or Yago. There is no reason why either of them can't get some PT this weekend. We won't know if they are ready or not until we try them. Youngsters could excel with us and do poor on loan, who knows there are loads of variables. Bottom line, we will never know unless we try them in our senior team and these are the best games to do it. Weaker opponents, injuries to first team, new coach and higher dedication in games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)