[Serie A] Lecce vs. Juventus (7 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++
Indeed Vinni. I will watch the match on FSC for a change, as hopefully Max Bretos will be the commentator and he's usually very good at it...much better than those compatriot dunderheads over at Gol TV.
not a big Max Bretos fan, myself..

he doesnt know shit about Italian soccer

a couple years back (2002 I think), Fox Sports World had the Coppa Italia, and Juve had just won the Scudetto, before the Coppa final with Parma

In the stands was a big scudetto banner with the number 26 in the middle of it.

Max see's this, and comments "ahh yes, their paying homage to Edgar Davids "

I nearly pissed my pants laughing....:rofl:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

a couple years back (2002 I think), Fox Sports World had the Coppa Italia, and Juve had just won the Scudetto, before the Coppa final with Parma

:LOL:

i also love how they can't pronounce anything, at all

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Actually I do remember that comment. :D

That said, he's immensly better than anybody found on Gol TV...of course apart from the commentary team that includes Paddy Agnew.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Cannavaro promises Juve revival Friday 21 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Cannavaro expects Juventus to get back to winning ways against Lecce on Sunday afternoon.

The leaders lost their first game of the season to Bayern Munich on Tuesday, but the defender insists they’ll hit back at the Stadio Via Del Mare.

"We didn’t have the aggressiveness which we usually play with against Bayern," the stopper stated. "We just didn’t react to what was happening.

"However, I wouldn’t mind losing a game after winning nine in a row again. Losing now and again helps to recharge our competitiveness."

However, Juventus were not the only Italian club to struggle in the competition this week. Inter lost at Porto, while Milan and Udinese were held to home draws.

"We are playing a lot of games right now," defended Cannavaro. "Take next week for example, there is no international tie but a midweek League round instead."

The Old Lady will have the chance to equal their best ever start to a season by winning at the weekend, thus matching the eight triumphs from the 1985-86 campaign.

Cannavaro expects a difficult contest though, even if the southern minnows have been struggling.

"The Salentini have a new stimulus following their change in Coach," continued the former Parma and Inter man. "Yet we have no weaknesses and have cover in all positions."

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yeah i expect that too, especially with gigi del neri's tactics, of very fast pace.I dont think the milan old defenders can handle that.

also inter have a tough away game in udine, guess we could be far ahead from both of them by the end of the weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)