[Serie A] Lecce vs. Juventus (7 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
Abbiati (I miss Buffon)

balzareti - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Vieira (blasi)- Emerson - mutu (del piero)

Del Piero (ibra) - Trezeguet
good formation Don, though I'm not so sure about Balzareti If he should start ahead of Pessotto. the only thing I'd like to change in your Formation is Thuram.

Edit: Vieira is injured BTW.

ildivino

Sep 21, 2003
if zlatan starts ahead of dp yet again i think i will vomit...and surely mutu deserves a start? the whole point of a squad like juve's is the ability to bring in others just as good as those they replace...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ildivino ] ++
if zlatan starts ahead of dp yet again i think i will vomit...and surely mutu deserves a start? the whole point of a squad like juve's is the ability to bring in others just as good as those they replace...
I'll vomit too.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
DP will definitely start this game, no two ways about it. Capello can't possibly ignore his good form this time, not with so many people pushing for Alex to play regularly and make it to Germany 2006.

I would try something like this:

Abbiati
Thuram - Kovac - Cannavaro
Balzaretti/Zambrotta - Camoranesi - Emerson - Zambrotta/Chiellini
Del Piero - Mutu
Trezeguet

Balzaretti and Zambrotta would play as wing backs, helping out the defence when we're on the backfoot and getting forward into midfield when we're pushing forward. I'd give Camoranesi a more central role in an attempt to have him exert more of his creativity. Plus, he's a better passer than Giannichedda and certainly a better player overall. Emerson would have the holding role as usual with Alex and Adrian making things happen with their movement, flair and technical class slightly behind Trezeguet. I can't see us not creating a lot of good chances with a formation like this and we should be pretty sound at the back with the likes of Thuram, Cannavaro, Kovac, Balzaretti, Emerson and Zambrotta in the team.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
DP will definitely start this game, no two ways about it. Capello can't possibly ignore his good form this time, not with so many people pushing for Alex to play regularly and make it to Germany 2006.
Hasnt you heard about a stubborn son of a **** named Favio"i l ike tall guys" Capello that happen to run Juventus??? it would be his choice....and everyone here knows what his choices are....:fero:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Channel4.com

Lecce will have to be at their best to overcome a Juventus side who are looking to make history. The Bianconeri, with a 100 per cent record in Serie A, are looking to equal their best ever start to a season when in 1985-86, Giovanni Trapattoni’s side won their first eight matches on their way to winning the Scudetto.

The Giallorossi currently sit just one point away from the relegation zone after losing five of their seven games so far. They will be hoping for a repeat of their performance in their last home tie, which saw them beat Cagliari 3-0 to record their only win of the season. They will also take heart from the fact that they have kept a clean sheet in two of their three home matches, but it will take another excellent performance from ‘keeper Vincenzo Sicignano to keep out the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Trezeguet and Alex Del Piero.

Juventus are sure to go into this game full of confidence despite their Champions League defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich on Tuesday. With seven wins out of seven, they have already built up a five point lead over second placed Milan.

The Bianconeri have won five of their seven games by a single goal, but have always looked comfortable while doing so. With such an abundance of talent up-front, the Old Lady are certainly capable of scoring more goals and Lecce will fear a huge backlash from the Turin giants after they suffered their first defeat since August in Germany.

But Juventus will once again have to do this without the injured Gianluigi Buffon, Jonathan Zebina and Alessandro Birindelli. Patrick Vieira will miss out as well and will be sorely missed after his great start to life in Serie A. Lecce will be missing a star player through long-term injury as Guillermo Giacomazzi is still out. While Gennaro Del Vecchio returns from suspension Alex Pinardi will take his place in the stands following his sending off against Reggina.

Lecce (probable): Sicignano; Cassetti, Diamoutene, Stovini, Abruzzese; Marianini, Ledesma; Konan, Valdes, Camorani; Vucinic

Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Pessotto, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
lecce are so piss poor that we should be playing three strikers and score afew goals and get chielinni in the side and push zambrotta to right back. let mutu play and give nedved a rest and for the love of god :devil:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
Abbiati
Pessotto---Kovac----Cannavaro----Zambrotta
Camoranesi---Emeson----Nedved------Mutu
Trezeguet---Del Piero.
this is the one I like to see against Lecce.for God sake,bench Zlatan.this is an easy match :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)