SERIE A: Lecce - Juventus (1 Viewer)

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
Serie A Week 14 - 21/12/03 (15.00)

Lecce - Juventus

Stadio Via del Mare

Juventus have scored eleven goals in their last two games and expect to continue their run against the worst defence in Serie A, but all eyes will be on Homecoming King Fabrizio Miccoli.

The Bianconeri are not a side to do things by halves, so the best way to recover from losing three games on the trot was to destroy Olympiakos 7-0 and Parma 4-0 in their next outings. Fabrizio Miccoli has proved he is on fine form by netting a brace in that win over the Gialloblu and should be again given a starring role in his hometown of Lecce.

Alessandro Del Piero is now forced to fight for a place after struggling to fully recover from his injury, but a goal just one minute after stepping on to the field as a substitute means the pressure is on Miccoli to deliver again. David Trezeguet and Lilian Thuram remain sidelined with ankle injuries, so Marco Di Vaio is set to retain his spot.

Lecce were promoted from Serie B in the summer and have struggled to adapt to the top flight. Their home record was crucial in that campaign, but so far they have picked up just two wins, a draw and three defeats at the Stadio Via del Mare.

Delio Rossi’s men have a classy target man in Javier Chevanton, but it is at the back that they are truly disappointing. With 27 goals conceded, the Salentini have the worst defence in the division along with fellow relegation strugglers Perugia.

Lecce (probable): Amelia; Siviglia, Bovo, Stovini, Abruzzese; Cassetti, Ledesma, Piangerelli, Tonetto; Bojinov, Chevanton

Juventus (probable) : Buffon; Iuliano, Ferrara, Montero; Birindelli, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Nedved; Di Vaio, Miccoli

Ref: To folllow

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It'll be interesting to see who Lippi will start upfront, since both Miccoli and DP are doing very well ATM. I'd love to see the two of them in an attacking tandem, but that's very unlikely.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@Hydde: he very well might... this is the probable line-up on gazzetta.it:

----------Buffon
---Ferrara Iuliano Montero
Birindelli Maresca Appiah Zambrotta
---------Nedved
----Del Piero - Miccoli

Tacchinardi is suffering from guess what, another muscular injury, while Nedved could be a doubt as he still has a slight bout of the flu.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Fantasista,

That lineup from gazzetta looks pretty good, but don't think Tudor should be given more of chance? Just wondering because seeing motero there just worries me, don't know why?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dont get overconfidence ! ;) Remember that Ancona almost foked our party in the last minutes!.

About the formation... u think that Lippi will use the 3 man defense again??

And taking in consideration the new performance policy of lippi.... that ones that should start in attack are DP and Miccoli........ but this will be one of the tiniest attacking lines :D
Anyways, the Micco-DV attack is that tall so i think that we can try this at least thi time.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
it's a pity roma is playing with empoli and milan with udinese.
cause they'll probably win. :wallbang:

but we have still maaaaaany chances to winn too! :thumb:

btw,how's treze???

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
it's a pity roma is playing with empoli and milan with udinese.
cause they'll probably win. :wallbang:

but we have still maaaaaany chances to winn too! :thumb:

btw,how's treze???
dont underestimate udinese tho....they gave us hard time remember. we needed DV's+micco's last minutes to rescue us.

me think trez is fine, but not fully fit yet....

Dont get overconfidence ! Remember that Ancona almost foked our party in the last minutes!.
overconfident...?? juve...?? naah, after what happen last month....we wont be overconfident again....:D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Forza Juve!
Juve should win, of course.....I hope DP plays and and scores-Miccoli as well, even though that is improbable :(

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Tacchinardi is suffering from guess what, another muscular injury
Good riddance :D Hope we shall see Davids & Maresca

while Nedved could be a doubt as he still has a slight bout of the flu.
Well against Parma he had the same problem...if the flu makes him play that way then hope he's sick every match ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by the phoenix ] ++
Fantasista,

That lineup from gazzetta looks pretty good, but don't think Tudor should be given more of chance? Just wondering because seeing motero there just worries me, don't know why?
Tudor, Legrottaglie, I don't care who, just get Montero out of the starting line-up!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Tacchinardi is definetely out and Appiah is expected to replace him in the starting line-up against Lecce .. Gazzetta also hints that Del Piero is going to partner Miccoli in the (3-4-1-2) formation with Di Vaio and Trezeguet both left on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope we can win this one as Milan and Roma face tricky matches against Udinese and Empoli respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)