SERIE A: Lecce - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, I like your idea DPF, but it seems that Lippi is gonna go 3-4-3 with Micco, DP and Trez upfront... :undecide:

PS. Like Thuram, Tacchinardi and Nedved, Montero won't be available to play on Sunday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Le Sai

Oct 2, 2002
i like the sound of the three up front...

but defense? it was only because Parma were SOO bad last week that we kept a clean sheet. We looked soooo fragile. Montero? bloody hell. Whats happened to him!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Yeah, I like your idea DPF, but it seems that Lippi is gonna go 3-4-3 with Micco, DP and Trez upfront... :undecide:

PS. Like Thuram, Tacchinardi and Nedved, Montero won't be available to play on Sunday.
whaattt....??? 3-4-3 doesnt look convincing....not with our defence. we must win this at all cost....must!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I actually think that it's a good thing that Montero has caught Nedved's flu because Legrottaglie and Tudor are better defenders than Paolo IMO.

PS. It may be Di Vaio upfront alongside Micco and Dp, rather than Trezeguet.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juve lose Nedved and Montero
Saturday 20 December, 2003

Juventus will make the trip to Lecce for Sunday’s game without the flu-stricken Pavel Nedved and Paolo Montero.

The Czech international has been struggling with the virus for a fortnight and has barely trained during these last two weeks.

He was able to play, and score, against Parma last Sunday despite the illness, but his condition has deteriorated.

It seems that Nedved’s flu has now been caught by Uruguayan defender Paolo Montero, who has been left at home in Turin.

Alessio Tacchinardi is sidelined after tests confirmed he had suffered a minor left thigh strain.

French international Lilian Thuram has also not made the trip down south due to an ankle problem.

So there are set to be some major changes for the game with Lecce and we may see Alessandro Del Piero, Fabrizio Miccoli and Marco Di Vaio start in a new trident attack.

Juventus squad:

1 Gianluigi Buffon, 2 Ciro Ferrara, 5 Igor Tudor, 7 Gianluca Pessotto, 8 Antonio Conte, 9 Fabrizio Miccoli, 10 Alessandro Del Piero, 12 Antonio Chimenti, 13 Mark Iuliano, 14 Enzo Maresca, 15 Alessandro Birindelli, 16 Mauro Camoranesi, 17 David Trezeguet, 18 Stephen Appiah, 19 Gianluca Zambrotta, 20 Marco Di Vaio, 23 Nicola Legrottaglie, 25 Marcelo Zalayeta, 26 Edgar Davids

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, that means that Either Legro or Tudor will be starting.

With the problems that Chevnaton could give us, we might as well start both, alongside Iuliano.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I don't think Legro is better than Montero; only on the high balls, but tactically Montero is the number 1 in our defence.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I don't think Legro is better than Montero; only on the high balls, but tactically Montero is the number 1 in our defence.
Can't say that I agree with you as Ferrara, Iuliano, and even Legrottaglie have been better than Montero this season. Paolo never looks comfortable, and though he has experience, he's the worst passer out of all of our defenders.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
what is it with juve and flu...?? is turin like the "flu germ central" ? thank god we dont have CL matches.....
Remember last season against Man United? That was horrible!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Popina.. if u enterin the espn programs... they are shwing an "unknown" game tomorrow at 9 am (panama) so it could be the juve game. Remember that the same thing happened 2 weeks ago ;)

About the game...... well, lets see how this tudor-legro partnership works. Maybe legro have something to show after his days in the bench.

About Montero, ok he is a good technical player.. but that doesnt matter if he fok everything with fouls near the area, that ends in free kick goals against us. And his passes are not that good.

About nedved.... well, now maresca will have to show what he have together with davids :)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
.............Buffon..............................
...Ferrara Iuliano Legro.............
..Birindelli Appiah Maresca Zambrotta
........Del Piero Miccoli.....................
.................Trez...................

not sure if i made the attacking formation correct, but that should be the line-up imo. only change i can think of, is putting camo in somewehre, since he scored a goal, and lippi has a lot of faith in him... anyays, i cant wait to watch this game this morning. its in 5 hours!!!! i should get some sleep before it starts. FOZA DP AND MICCOLI!!!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juvetrainer ] ++
what about RAI? are they showing the game?
No, they are showing Milan-Udinese.

So, I'm left watching that snore-fest of a match and then waiting for the ever popular trumpet sounds whenever a goal is scored, and sit there and say a quick prayer and hope that it's a Juve goal.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
After Roma defeated Empoli last night with Two Totti goals, this game suddenly becomes a must win situation for us. We can't let the gap between us and them - currently 7 points - to widen like that, we must cut it to 4 and then hope we can close on them during the run-in of the season.

I'm worried, because Roma don't have strong European obligations like us but hopefully we will manage to get over them. The Milan-Roma matches against each other should help us alot and hopefully the scores will all go to our favour.

Too much have been said about the match already, and we all know that Nedved, Tacchinardi, Thuram, and Montero are out. However, I believe we have a strong squad, with players capable of replacing them adequately. Lippi indicated that small teams like Lecce always give 110% percent against Juve, and that should make it difficult for us especially that we are playing in their own turf. Last time in the Via del Mare it ended in a goal-less draw, so we need to watch out.

Good Luck capitano and the rest of the Bianconeri !! :star:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
An intersting little tidbit from calciomercato.com

Edgar Davids didn't make the trip down to Lecce, as Lippi left him off the roster, claiming that he had the flu. However, people outside the juve circle don't believe that story, and believe that he has played his last match for Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)