Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (18 Viewers)

Sep 19, 2006
rocchi is a great striker but with DP, iaquinta, and trez all playing well I doubt he would want to take a back seat to them. I don't think rocchi is a big club striker, he'll play better for a mid-high tabled team.
Agreed,I think we should be concerned of finding a playmaker,center backs & full backs more than an attacker,we have already 4 decent forwards,lets keep it that way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
away to Lazio was never a winning game for us now or before, so peopleshould be overjoyedwith the result, not nit-picking errors that have been around since matchday 1

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
We played an absolutely terrible game, and if not for a couple of long Zanetti passes to DP, and some hellified saves made by Gigi, then we easily lose this game by 3 goals.

Our entire defense was in shambles, and Rocchi reaked havoc on them for the entire 90 minutes....Zanetti nor Nocerino could help them today against a sub-par Lazio team that may struggle to stay up this season.

Legro is a joke on defense, Molinaro doesnt belong on this team, Zebina is very inconsistent and has a bad temper, and Chellini was not up to his usual standard today

Combine that with a team that couldnt put any passes together in the first half, and guys that cant cross a ball (Brazzo), and you have problems

For everyone ready to praise Tiago, ask yourself one question- does he look anything worth the money we spent on him, or could we find an altenative that costs half of his wage, and performs at the same level or better ??

I'll take the win, but it was a God-awful game

two MOM for me today- DP and Gigi...they saved us the 3 points
Well, could you suggest a player that would be guaranteed to perform way better than Tiago as well as zanetti and nocerino(since he will take their place) ? ofcourse someone that cost less too.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
spot on mate, just a couple of points.

- The big disappointment in regards to Ranieri was just like you said there wasn't any plan to deal with a very good Lazio team who created chances against every time they played against.

Even though that was not rectified defensively but credit has to go to him for the 2nd half. He had one thing in his mind and that was hitting them on the counter. I Love it when a coach has a tactical win and thats certainly one for Ranieri on Rossi.

I like how he didnt like the way the team played, lets see how he deals with it next week.

- The defense didn't look solid at all, but we have to remember that this Lazio side (even though they weren't at their best) is a very inventive team. All the games i saw for them this year and the last one they would always create many chances.
But again like you said our midfield gave up way too easily imo. Also there were too many lapses of concentration in the back and two of them resulted in goals for Lazio(thankfully).

Also we are not as aggressive as we were in the beginning of the season, i hope we can get some fire back into the team.
Good points.

It's good that Ranieri isn't satisfied with the performance, but it's up to him to prevent a performance like this.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #565
    We played an absolutely terrible game, and if not for a couple of long Zanetti passes to DP, and some hellified saves made by Gigi, then we easily lose this game by 3 goals.

Our entire defense was in shambles, and Rocchi reaked havoc on them for the entire 90 minutes....Zanetti nor Nocerino could help them today against a sub-par Lazio team that may struggle to stay up this season.

Legro is a joke on defense, Molinaro doesnt belong on this team, Zebina is very inconsistent and has a bad temper, and Chellini was not up to his usual standard today

Combine that with a team that couldnt put any passes together in the first half, and guys that cant cross a ball (Brazzo), and you have problems

For everyone ready to praise Tiago, ask yourself one question- does he look anything worth the money we spent on him, or could we find an altenative that costs half of his wage, and performs at the same level or better ??

I'll take the win, but it was a God-awful game

two MOM for me today- DP and Gigi...they saved us the 3 points
    I'll answer your question even though you answered it yourself in your comment above.

You said that the team couldn't put passes together but that totally changed when Tiago came in. It is not Ranieri's talk that makes this happen it is the inclusion of an engine in the middle that made the impact. He was the motor and he made the impact from the first second he came in. Maybe it wasn't top notch performance but for a guy barely getting playing time, being humiliated by joining the game in the 89th minute, hearing what his manager talks about him, I give him the credit for doing something when he comes in. To stand up to par to the value of purchace, it is up to Ranieri to put him on the field and make return on investment, on the bench he is wasting him.

Mar 24, 2006
    I'll answer your question even though you answered it yourself in your comment above.

You said that the team couldn't put passes together but that totally changed when Tiago came in. It is not Ranieri's talk that makes this happen it is the inclusion of an engine in the middle that made the impact. He was the motor and he made the impact from the first second he came in. Maybe it wasn't top notch performance but for a guy barely getting playing time, being humiliated by joining the game in the 89th minute, hearing what his manager talks about him, I give him the credit for doing something when he comes in. To stand up to par to the value of purchace, it is up to Ranieri to put him on the field and make return on investment, on the bench he is wasting him.
    :tup:

Calm down , Vin

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
    first of all a great result given udinese lost earlier to catania which makes the gap between us and the teams behind us bigger which is all i want for now...screw first place,we dont have what it takes yet
    for the lazio game....a TERRIBLE performance as a team by all standards
    both molinaro and zebina are mistake prone...id love to see our management try to secure a right back like ivanovic and a left back like mathieu or buy another canetral back and move chiellini back there
    i dont mind zanetti....two sublime assists and he deserves credit for the 3 points today as much as buffon and dp...without his vision on thiose 2 passes we prob wouldve left with 1 point if not nothing
    nocerino is a great prospect but his passing is way off....i dont understand our managemnt....he played a whole season with a piacenza team we dominated last yr with half a team!!!id like to see tiago get more minutes on the pitch and those fools out there that keep nagging bout how useless of a player he is are retarded
    he came in and he really helped string some attacks going forward in the 2nd half..too bad he had to come in for nedved
    other than dp,trez,chiellin,legro and buffon the rest of the team could be easily replaced and im glad ranieri made it a point to say he was completely disappointed with the performance...two moments of brilliance from zanetti and dp and a string of great saves form buffon and that was that for us
    to be honest it seemed like the referee was giving us some good calls too...some calls did not go lazios way at all
    but 3 pts is what we needed and we got them and now were moving away from the pack behind us and thats all that matters
    i really hope the board bring in 1 or 2 more CLASS players in january to help us finish 2nd or 3rd
    the 2 players i would get are banega and ivanovic!!!!tow young stars of the future

Sep 19, 2006

:tup: !

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

This is what I like about Tiago. He isn't the kind of player who hides away. Even after being so harshly criticised by the fans, by the coach and by the press, he simply tries to play his game. And there have been a few games in which he made an impact IMO.

May 22, 2007
    Don't you think he has lost some confidence with being on the bench for all these games? Don't you think that if we start him more, he will play better and better? Today he wasn't on par with our best players but he played a whole lot fucking better than most of the team did. We paid the amount of money for him, for a good reason. If he doesn't play, we don't see his best, and he has played next to shit hours currently.

To answer your question, no. That will be spending more money buying the player . I have great confidence in our current midfield, its just that Ranieri isn't playing the best we got in the squad. Why try to fix something because of problems, when you haven't even made it properly?

But Andy, even IF HE PLAYS I don't really see his fault. He shouldn't be disliked for the amount of money we paid for him because he didn't ask for that, It's our stupid mang who offered that much.
    Totally agree there. Carlos Tevez wasn't worth the money, he couldn't do shit, then he single handedly saved West Ham from relegation.

They mentioned that Rocchi will be a free-agent in January. I read that he went through the Juve youth system.
    If we could play him out wide in a 4-3-3 or on the wings, I would have him.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    Tiago is juventus type of player. Not talking too much, working hard and showing his worth in field. When press was very harsh on him he had one word : " i want a future in this club".

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If we want to get him then Rocchi will sign with us. Lazio have salary cap and he earns less than 1m EUR a year. In Juve he'll have guaranteed 2m eur, at least. He's 30 and he doesn't have more than 3 years in his legs. The last chance to earn some money is now and he can't do that in Lazio or another financially poor team.

The question is : Do we need him ?

We do need a reliable 4th choice striker who scores a lot of goals - Rocchi is such a player
    We could use the money we'll save on the 4th choice striker for buying the players in the departments where we're thin with quality footballers.
    But we'll lose out on Huntelaar or some other striker who may become big in the future (something we can't expect from Rocchi) , so now be smart and decide what's the best thing we could do :confused:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    We do need a reliable 4th choice striker who scores a lot of goals - Rocchi is such a player
    We could use the money we'll save on the 4th choice striker for buying the players in the departments where we're thin with quality footballers.
    But we'll lose out on Huntelaar or some other striker who may become big in the future (something we can't expect from Rocchi) , so now be smart and decide what's the best thing we could do :confused:
    I'm skeptical to these no frills transfers, they never turn out just so. We already have a reserve now in DP, so Rocchi would be a marginal player Zalayeta style. The theory of the supersub rarely works out. Di Vaio and Miccoli both failed to wow us off the bench, though granted Rocchi is in a different stage of his career now.

There's a big difference between playing regular matches like Rocchi is doing right now and stepping in once in a while to make the difference.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Palladino is our 4th striker currently.

You like to make things difficult, Alen.
    :D

Palladino is everything but our 4th striker. He is our MR or our LM and maybe even AMC, but he's not playing as striker at all and frankly, even if he does i'm not sure he can be as useful as Rocchi, and certainly not as someone better than Rocchi.

In Capello's time we had Del Piero, Trez, Zlatan, Mutu and Zalayeta. Inter now has Zlatan, Crespo, Cruz and Suazo.
    Milan few years ago had Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Crespo and Tomasson.
    Looks like a succesful Italian team must have 4 top strikers so there will be no visable difference when Del Piero plays with Trez or Zlatan plays with Mutu in attack.
    With Palladino as one of the attackers, our attack seems a lot weaker.

Personally, i'd like someone else rather than Rocchi. But if the choice for striker is Rocchi or Palladino i have more faith in Rocchi.

May 22, 2007
    Palladino isn't even being played in his proper position in my opinion. I have lost a lot of faith though, I like him, but he needs to consistently put in some good performances for us.

If we had Del Piero, Trezeguet, Rocchi and Iaquinta, our attack force would be very old, with 3/4 on the wrong side of 30. I do like the guy, but as explained, we could get a younger option who could do more for our club.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
    Yesterday was one of the ugliest victory of ours I've seen tbh. Lazio really controlled us through out the game and we struggled 95% of the match. The ball would come into our area wave after wave after wave. I'm happy for he 3 points but our game play was absolutely horrible. Part of me says the odd shitty performance here and there is inevitable and we even survived the 4 big teams but another part of me just wonders if we can sustain this type of gameplay for a full season.............

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    tiago was good. he had some misplaced passes, which is understandable since he hasn't played much for some months now. but the best thing was, when he came in we actually looked like we had a midfield and we were keeping the ball a lot longer, passing on the ground as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)