Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (86 Viewers)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I think we all learnt a few things today.

1) Buffon is out of this world as always, and will surpass any other goalkeeer in the history

2) We need a left back, Molinaro is ok, but we do need someone better and more solid, if only we still had Zambrotta

3) Del Piero is good as ever, good call for Ranieri to start him for once

4) Tiago should rotate with Neddy, impressed with his work in the 2nd half and he should play more ! And Neddy should rest more, he is 35 years old !

5) Zanetti, wow, he is the don for long passing, didn't see that before

6) We should definitely play more counter attacking football, defend deep and break out fast, especially in competitive away games, the 2nd half formation was great for this.
We Need a good CB,then we can switch Chiellini to his usual place......LB.

And yeah Tiago must stay,he has class,he is good enough.

And Zanetti deserves a call from Donadoni:stuckup:
And Alex must be called to the Euro:agree:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is getting ridiculous now. What does Ranieri have to do to get some praise? He finally played Tiago and you still aren't happy. He engineered a win without Camo, Neddy and Iaquinta and you're still not happy. He has us in 2nd place in our first season back in the top flight when few people expected us to recover this quickly and you're still fucking complaining. Ranieri deserves credit. He makes mistakes but all coaches do and if it's fair to bash him for his mistakes you have to praise him when he does well.

Forza Ranieri, Forza Juve.
Ranieri should be starting Tiago and using the 4-3-1-2, which finally dawned on him in the second half.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #387
    Trezeguet has been doing that a lot recently though, not just today. He did that against Atalanta too. And the incident you're talking about was from a free kick was it not? He had simply taken up a position far post.

It was nice to see how DP and Trez worked in the second half but strikers swapping positions is not something rare.
    Strikers do swap positions but Trez and DP never did that before. It was strange tonight.

As for Trezeguet doing that lately it has been mostly when Iaquinta was playing not with Del Piero.

I am not saying it is bad, I am just glad that both the forwards are moving and Trezeguet is not the invisible fox that everyone knows anymore.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Are you serious, Andy. I almost slept during the match. The lack of Juve crowds in the stadium killed my enthusiasm too.
    How can you be a football fan and say you almost slept during that match? That was an enthralling contest, probably the best Serie A game I've witnessed this season. Moments of class from both teams at both ends of the pitch, determination, aggression, 5 goals, great match.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I thought Molinaro was slowly getting into the game and then he blows it today. I really hope for him and the club that he gets better. If not then De Ceglie would be a good choice and I was very impressed by Catania's Juan Vargas.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    safe to say that was a mixed performance.
    overall we were shit. up till half time we were being owned and our defence was a joke along with the midfield. But tiago got a good run out and we did well up front. but we were still very lame. but a win is a win.

Buffon: his best performance all season, but the defence let him down. without him we would be mid-table. thank God we still have him. 9
    Molinaro: well... the worst player of the night. was soo fraile and crappy. but he did ok after the third goal, not much seemed to come on his side. 4.5
    Chiellini: did ok, but still not the best we have seen him. he was the best defender but a mile off his usual imo. 6.5
    Legrottaglie: again not his best of what we have seen him this season. dissapointing . 6
    Zebina: wel imo he was terrible in the first half and just slightly better in the second. imo i would find a replacemnt for him sooner than molinaro. 5
    Salihamidzic: was poor on crossings but tried harder than others. he did better in the second half but much like the others, not as good as he has been. 6.5
    Nocerino: hollow man in the first half but better in the second half, thats quite annoying about him and i have noticed him switching off from game to game. but not as bad as some of the defence. 5.5
    Zanetti: a lot better than his counterpart. great pases for DP goals. but still i thought he was lacking when defending compared to his usual performances. 6
    Nedved: did well for the time he was on and seemed to be the only one out there along with buffon and DP in the first half. 7 shame he got injured.
    Trezeuet: hes helping out a lot more than he used to and i am glad he scored one of his chances, shouldnt be missing the easy ones though. 7.5
    Del Piero: well... my MOM just does a bit more than buffon because his goal really made the difference to our poor poor performance, along with that he played really well and hardly lost the ball without getting something from it. 9

Sub:
    Tiago: a blessing in disguise as he came on, he tried much hard than anyone else in the midfield imo, and if he get s chances like this more he should start ahaed one of zanetti or nocerino. 7.5 would be 8 but only a second half appearance so i cant really judge for a whole game.

Ranieri: well it wasnt the best performance and some of the players out their leave a lot to be desired, but god move to bring tiago on. i dont think hes a great inspirer of men but atleast he got the result and we have to give him credit for that. he needs to address the defensive problem immeadiately. 6

overall a poor performance but a good result, our defence needs to shape up as these games are the games where we need point to stand any chance of catching roma let alone inter.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007
    -

Serie A, Round 16
    Juventus (3rd, 29 points) vs. Lazio (12th, 17 points)
    20:30 CET, Saturday, December 16 2007
    Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Goals

0-1 Trezeguet (Min 29)
    Click Here for Video
    1-1 Pandev (Min 35)
    Click Here for Video
    1-2 Del Piero (Min 47)
    Click Here for Video
    1-3 Del Piero (Min 70)
    Click Here for Video
    2-3 Pandev (Min 92)
    Click Here for Video

Lazio Chances
    Mauri Chance (Min 18)
    Click Here for Video
    Rocchi Chance (Min 65)
    Click Here for Video

Juventus Chances
    Chiellini Header (Min 14)
    Click Here for Video

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    :tup: great post!!

Ranieri has done a great job for us, i wasn't sure about him at first but he deserves praise for his work so far.

He saw that things weren't working in the first half and changed our tactics and we were a different team in the second half.
    Top performance by our coach too :flag2:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    s
    Tiago: a blessing in disguise as he came on, he tried much hard than anyone else in the midfield imo, and if he get s chances like this more he should start ahaed one of zanetti or nocerino. 7.5
    Nah, I think Nocerino, Zanetti and Tiago should all start in the 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3. That would provide the optimal level of ruggedness, tenacity, and possession capability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)