Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (11 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
@Lampard: Im not happy with Ranieri.He wouldn`t put Tiago unless Nedved didn`t get injured.I hate Ranieri,that`s a fact.Now im starting to hate Molinaro aswell.
But he could put Palladino instead as Palla plays better at left side??
Also he change Sali's and Nocce's position too..

He turned a game around actually, and Alex of course

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've given out an 8 on occasion. An 8.5 maybe once. But 8s are quite rare. They border match-of-the-season-type games, IMO.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Seems like we have to really suffer to win an away game.
I really dont mind struggling and then getting the 3 points away...
we'll just have to humiliate them when we play home..

I didn't like the fact that Ranieri only made one substitution though,although on the good note at least his substitution was giving Tiago some playing time...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Clearly DP and Gigi were our MOM candidates...
Yeah. Gigi saved us and DP won the match for us.

what must a player do to deserve a 9 or 10 ranking? cos i dont think i've ever seen anything more than 8. i dont think i've even seen an 8 before!!! :|
If I was using the ratings system the English use I would've given both Del Piero and Buffon 9s but in Italy they use a different system where 6.5 is considered a good rating. They hardly ever give 9s or 10s.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
4 words : Buffon and Del Piero :D

We've been awful in the first half while in the second, not that we were good, but we took advantage of Lazio falling down physically, of Gigi's amazing saves and of Ale's genius.

Good match by Tiago also.
Zanetti with brilliant assists was another one who had a good second half.

Our defense was....err....awful is an overestimation. Molinaro played like a serie C average player and all the others were outrunned in the first half and outjumped during the entire 90 minutes.

Ratings :
Buffon 9.0 ..... that was probably the best save i've seen in the last 10 years
Zebina 6.0
Legro 5.5
Chiellini 6.0
Molinaro 5 (but only because this is a 5-10 rating system) . He didn't play attack at all after his "cross" in 1st minute and in defense he was caught out of position numerous times. They were also outrunning him with ease.
Nocerino 5.5 ... his worst match lately
Zanetti 7.00 .... solid and great assists
Salihamidzic 6.0 .... our best player in first half but invisible in the second half
Nedved 5.5
Del Piero 8.5 ... i would have given him 9.00 but i want Gigi to be the MOM. Ale is God, simple as that.
Trezeguet 6.0 .... ran a lot, played as a support striker, scored a goal and missed a sitter
--------
Tiago 8.0 .... very good match. Secure, great passes, BRAVO

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
My ratings:

Buffon - 7.5
Zebina - 6
Legrottaglie - 5
Chiellini - 5.5
Molinaro - 4.5
Salihamidzic - 6.5
Nocerino - 5
Zanetti - 6.5
Nedved - 6
Trezeguet - 6
Del Piero - 7.5

Tiago - 6.5
Buffon- 7.5
Zebina- 5
Legro- 5.5
Chiellini- 5.5
Molinaro- 5.5
Brazzo- 6
Noverino- 5
Zanetti- 7
Nedved- 6
Trez- 5.5
Alex- 7.5

Tiago- 6.5

I agree with most. Buffon, Zanetti and Alex were the difference tonight. Everyone else was below par. Tiago played well in his new role, I see him fitting into Camoranesi's role even better esp. if Nedved's on the field to support as well.

Rocchi and Pandev were a bit too much for Chiellini and Legro. They were quick and moving all over the place- seemed like our defenders couldnt deal with them at all.

Nocerino had one of his worst games so far... but generally speaking we werent as compact as we usually are.

In any case, important three points. We have Alex, Buffon and Zanetti to thank for them

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Forza Juve!!!:flag2:

i watched the game,few things to notice:

-Tiago played well,nice moves,few not bad passes.

-Zanetti is THE guy for us,2 perfect assists for Alex,great fighter,good job on Defence,MOM.

-Alex finished perfectly!!!he never lost his touch,his 2nd goal is just sweet:),
he stoped the ball in the air nicely and later with left foot shot it great over Ballota.

-----------------
But we do have a problem in defence!!
the 2nd Lazio goal on 93th minute is just ridiculous:(
and we had so much trouble with the air balls all the game!!
if just Rochi & Mauri were more deadly on theiir finish i doubt we would have won...

CLASS DEFENDER IS NEEDED!

But the underline,we finally won away:):weee:

so FORZA JUVE!!!!

GRANDE ALEX!!!

:juve1:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
The best player in the match was Rocchi.

The best players in Juve were in a cosecutive basis Buffon, Zanetti, Del Piero and Zebina.

And Tiago was not so impressive. I don't judge a player by playing only one half though.

Dec 6, 2007
we played well...Our mid was good but was sleeping in the last 20min of the first half and then thats when the LONG BALLScame to play from our defense to our fowards..iam not a fan of these long balls only that zanetti can pull them off becuase he knows how to pass unlike molinaro's passes today...Our defense needs to shape up today Rocchi was all over us in attack...out of the defenders i think Zebina played the best Chiellini had some good stuff but almost gave up a counter attack goal same with molinaro and his long pass leggro..was tought today with his tackle on rocchin but really nothing more...DP should of had a PKwhen Ledesma had that shove on him but it right for the Ref no to call due to the first half when Brazzo knocked down Mutarelli in the box....

Our Defense needs to shape up really>>>

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Nocerino was nothing special tonight.I don`t think Ranieri deservse credit for tonights win.
Also in second half Trez and DP were exchanging positions , did u notice that?

everyone at Juve deserves credit, never one person..
Anyway, we are second now..

Totti not playing in Torino, so we might stay in that position even after sundays game..

Boksic

May 11, 2005
My ratings:

Buffon - 7.5
Zebina - 6
Legrottaglie - 5.5
Chiellini - 5.5
Molinaro - 4.5
Salihamidzic - 6.5
Nocerino - 5.5
Zanetti - 7
Nedved - 6
Trezeguet - 6
Del Piero - 7.5

Tiago - 6.5

Buffon: his save on Rocchi was unbelievable, and he commanded the area as usual.

Brazzo: great game showed a lot of energy and gets back to make tackles.

Zanetti: Donadoni has to give him a recall, he was superb once again for us, great passes especially for the 3rd goal.

Del Piero: superb from ale, great finishes for his goals, full of flair and creativity and worked so hard for the team! MOM!

Trez: played a different role, but over the last few weeks he is really showing great work rate.

Tiago: i was starting to doubt him after the empoli game but he was great! full of aggression showing that he can tackle and some great passes.

On a side note did anybody notice Buffon hugging and chatting to De Silvestri after the game, the last time i saw him do that to someone was to zlatan when sweden played italy and he joined us a few weeks later. ;)

is De Silvestri's contract still expiring? because he would be a great option for RB.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
was that ranieri's idea to switch roles between del piero and trezeguet
I don't think they really switched roles, it's just that DP and Zanetti had a very good understanding on those counter attacks. DP was still playing deeper and wider than Trezeguet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)