Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (4 Viewers)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I think we all learnt a few things today.

1) Buffon is out of this world as always, and will surpass any other goalkeeer in the history

2) We need a left back, Molinaro is ok, but we do need someone better and more solid, if only we still had Zambrotta

3) Del Piero is good as ever, good call for Ranieri to start him for once

4) Tiago should rotate with Neddy, impressed with his work in the 2nd half and he should play more ! And Neddy should rest more, he is 35 years old !

5) Zanetti, wow, he is the don for long passing, didn't see that before

6) We should definitely play more counter attacking football, defend deep and break out fast, especially in competitive away games, the 2nd half formation was great for this.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Also in second half Trez and DP were exchanging positions , did u notice that?

everyone at Juve deserves credit, never one person..
Anyway, we are second now..

Totti not playing in Torino, so we might stay in that position even after sundays game..
Everyone except Ranieri and Molinaro deserves credit tonight. :D Roma should be able to win it tomorrow even without Totti.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Nocerino was nothing special tonight.I don`t think Ranieri deservse credit for tonights win.
This is getting ridiculous now. What does Ranieri have to do to get some praise? He finally played Tiago and you still aren't happy. He engineered a win without Camo, Neddy and Iaquinta and you're still not happy. He has us in 2nd place in our first season back in the top flight when few people expected us to recover this quickly and you're still fucking complaining. Ranieri deserves credit. He makes mistakes but all coaches do and if it's fair to bash him for his mistakes you have to praise him when he does well.

Forza Ranieri, Forza Juve.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And it's so fair to say that our first goal was AN OFFSIDE.
Yes it was. And there were so many bad calls in our favor in the first half, even in the second half.
The bad calls against us were only when we were 3:1 up.
No need to deny that the ref and his assistants were bad tonight and it was mostly Lazio that suffered because of that.

I hope Italian newspapers won't be full with articles about these mistakes tomorrow.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #371
    I don't think they really switched roles, it's just that DP and Zanetti had a very good understanding on those counter attacks. DP was still playing deeper and wider than Trezeguet.
    Not all the time, Stu. Trezeguet was seen so many times back and getting balls or wide passing to the middle. A moment that I will remind you about is that he chipped the ball to Del Piero when Capitano was pushed from the back.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    This is getting ridiculous now. What does Ranieri have to do to get some praise? He finally played Tiago and you still aren't happy. He engineered a win without Camo, Neddy and Iaquinta and you're still not happy. He has us in 2nd place in our first season back in the top flight when few people expected us to recover this quickly and you're still fucking complaining. Ranieri deserves credit. He makes mistakes but all coaches do and if it's fair to bash him for his mistakes you have to praise him when he does well.

Im happy because Tiago played but its just because Nedved got injured.Next match he`ll be on the bench.Im happy with win anyway.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Fantastic match amid horrid defending. It was one of the most exciting Serie A matches I have seen all season long, as even hungover I was on the edge of my seat. Del Piero was an absolute magician out there, taking balls down with pure class and masterclass technique that is of the highest calibre. Zanetti was the master of midfield with his sublime tackling, consistency and vision. That was probably the best match I have ever seen Cristiano play as he was amazing. Fantastic passes and vision by the "Inter reject."

The defense was terrible, though. Absolutely terrible. However, Rocchi and Pandev were all over the place causing problems, and they could probably pose problems for any club. I'm glad to see Ranieri finally field Tiago and switch up the formation in the second half to a 4-3-1-2, which looked good despite us sitting back. I believe we MUST field this formation with the absence of Camoranesi, and this thinking is supported with the evidence we have witnessed today. Overall it was a great match and we looked damn good away to Lazio, which is always a difficult match for any side.

Buffon - 9 - His amazing save against the Rocchi header at 2-1 saved the game. Best keeper in the world without a doubt.

Zebina - 5.5 - Looked good going forward, but made some mistakes at the back, along with unnecessary fouls.

Legrottaglie - 6 - He was decent except for some missed marks.

Chiellini - 6.5 - I thought he was damn good today and there should be no argument as to what position he should play.

Molinaro - 4 - Terrible first half. He could have cost us two goals with his mistakes, and again his crossing was pitiful. People need to get over this player and realize he isn't very good and will not get better. He was never that talented to begin with. Bring us De Ceglie in January, if possible.

Salihamidzic - 6.5 - He was good in the first half and filled in nicely at left midfield in the second. Glad to see he was performing today as he's a good player in my book.

Nocerino - 6 - His usual rugged and tenacious self.

Zanetti - 10 - A perfect match really, and perhaps his best at Juventus. This guy plays his role like the best of them, and his two lofted passes behind the Lazio defense won us the game. Fantastic player who always performs, always does his job, but never gets praise. He BETTER be in the Italy setup as he's been the best midfield all-arounder in Serie A this season.

Nedved - 5.5 - Worked hard like usual, but the knock through him off his game a little.

Trezeguet - 6 - Worked very hard for the side tonight, but should have finished the Tiago through ball.

Del Piero - 9 - Sublime touches, fantastic finishes, utter class. Perhaps his best match of the season. You have got to love this man.

Tiago - 6.5 - He got stuck in, won a lot of balls, and set up Trezeguet nicely. He continues to show that he deserves a starting role, and Ranieri better give it to him. NOW.

Ranieri - 6 - Thank you for changing the formation, Claudio. Now do it again and stop sticking with the straight 4-4-2.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Not all the time, Stu. Trezeguet was seen so many times back and getting balls or wide passing to the middle. A moment that I will remind you about is that he chipped the ball to Del Piero when Capitano was pushed from the back.
    Trezeguet has been doing that a lot recently though, not just today. He did that against Atalanta too. And the incident you're talking about was from a free kick was it not? He had simply taken up a position far post.

It was nice to see how DP and Trez worked in the second half but strikers swapping positions is not something rare.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    And it's so fair to say that our first goal was AN OFFSIDE.
    Sure it was but it also was very difficult for the linesman to identify that.

The ref was OK and honestly I think he even blew a bit in our favor. There could have been a foul on Pandev in the penalty area when we were ahead 2-1.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ZANETTI man of the match, in my opinion. Del Piero closely behind with his amazing skill. Watching him bring those balls down under control made me get an erection.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

:tup: great post!!

Ranieri has done a great job for us, i wasn't sure about him at first but he deserves praise for his work so far.

He saw that things weren't working in the first half and changed our tactics and we were a different team in the second half.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Fantastic match amid horrid defending. It was one of the most exciting Serie A matches I have seen all season long, as even hungover I was on the edge of my seat.
    Are you serious, Andy. I almost slept during the match. The lack of Juve crowds in the stadium killed my enthusiasm too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)