Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (90 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
I have to disagree here,I think their midfield is average or even below average especially offensivly,mostof Lazio's goals this season came from individualts efforts by Pandev & Rocchi.
I agree with that. Their midfield is too defensive to create anything. Only Zauri tries to create stuff, who happened to start his career as a fullback. If only the attacking due of Pandev and Rocchi could be stoped, then I dont see any reason to not be able to bombard them.

We need Neved's rockets in this game, as Ballota can't even catch a fly if it came his way.

:melayyanandmessi: I love this smilie.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I have to disagree here,I think their midfield is average or even below average especially offensivly,mostof Lazio's goals this season came from individualts efforts by Pandev & Rocchi.

But at least their midfield is better than their defence & goalkeeper.
I think we have a big chance of getting the 3 points from Rome but it is still Lazio & anything can happen.
Zauri and Ledesma are good players. Our midfield is better but imo we'd be making a mistake by choosing to focus on Rocchi and Pandev and ignoring their other players.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Zauri and Ledesma are good players. Our midfield is better but imo we'd be making a mistake by choosing to focus on Rocchi and Pandev and ignoring their other players.
Ledesma was injured yesterday and he will most probably not play while Zauri is a major doubt and he's probably out also ;)
They lose further more on speed with Behrami's injury.

They will have two kids as fullbacks. 19 years old De Silvestri will play RB and one Serbian kid, Kolarov, will play LB. The central defenders are Cribari and Stendardo and i'm going to shoot myself if we don't score at least 2 to these 2 and Ballotta.

In midfield they will have Baronio+Mutarelli+Mudingayi :weee:

Mauri, Pandev and Rocchi are a problem though.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Lazio/

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Tiago wont start the match because C Ranieri doesn't think he is working well enough for first 11. If we are going for 3 main midfielders I'd like to see it combined with three upfront :) Ale, Iaquinta and David.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Gotta love RAI... they kept me going through the Serie B purgatory...even though my Italian isn't that great, I know enough to keep up.

Have to love the evening games, I don't have to wake up at 7am to watch the game.
I love day time matches
Because evening matches at me begin in 01 30 nights
:shifty:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Ranieri should line-up 4-3-1-2...
In the midle he shoud start with 3 "runers"...DP shoud start couse he is showing improvement...and there is IQ for second half...Zanetti can drop on the DM spot (solo), so Nedved & Nocerino (some time) can go forward...And give Tiago the playmaker role

Zebina---Legro---Chiello---Molinaro

----Nocerino---Zanetti---Nedved----

---------------Tiago

--------DP-----------Trezeguet
I like that formation. And I think we used it against Reggina and created a lot of chances. Tiago or Almiron would maybe excell in that advanced role.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
This feels like one of those games where we will give Lazio more respect than they deserve & end up suffering for it.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Channel 4
Gigi’s great expectations
Thursday 13 December, 2007
Inter may be breaking away from the chasing pack, but Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon is full of optimism.

The Old Lady have exceeded all expectations on their return to Serie A after a spell in the Purgatory of the Cadetti.

However, the Scudetto dream still seems far-fetched as Inter have pulled clear from their challengers.

“Being eight points back from Inter can be read in two ways,” Buffon told Tuttosport.

“In a normal year, we would already be disappointed and be dismissing the season as a failure and in December we would be concentrating on next year.

“However, this is not a normal year as we are newly promoted and we have the potential to return to the highest level.

“We are third in the table and we want to stay there or better.”

While Buffon isn’t aiming to overthrow Inter, he has lofty ambitions that he is adamant Juve can fulfil.

“Champions League qualification is more than possible and it would be such a good achievement after the pre-season predictions,” the Azzurri No 1 insisted.

“What sets us apart from other sides is the fact that we are still humble and determined.”

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
from Juventus .com

12 December 2007

Chiellini: “In Rome to win”
With Christmas getting nearer, Giorgio Chiellini already knows what present to ask for: a great 2007 finale for his Juventus. Before the winter break starts, the Bianconeri want to confirm the good things done in the first half of the season.

The defender spoke about all this at today's press conference, previewing the next two games, especially the one on Saturday night, against Lazio in Rome. “We have Lazio and Siena before Christmas and we want to win both games, even though we know it won't be easy. We've done well up until now and we want to consolidate our position in the League. We've got a long way to go in the tournament and we have to try and remain close, knowing full well that we have a team like Inter Milan in front of us, who have showed they're clearly head and shoulders above the rest, especially in the last few matches. In any case we're not giving up”.

The first match is in the capital against Lazio, who have just been eliminated from the Champions League. “I don't think Lazio will be demoralized or angry – Chiellini continued -, they did what they could against Real Madrid and I think the players themselves knew that winning there was going to be almost impossible. They'll be fired up and immediately wanting to fight to get to more ambitious positions in the League than the one they currently occupy. We have to fear Rocchi and Pandev most of all, as they've scored almost all Lazio’s goals, we'll have to be good to contain them”.

This is the last away game of the year: the last chance to get an away victory, after going so close recently. Chiellini confirms everybody's desire to win away from Turin again: “Apart from the derby which doesn't count, we've only won at Cagliari and we were even a bit lucky that day. We need to improve in that respect. We don't always seem to fully express our character and personality away from home, although it's true that our opponents are more motivated in front of their own crowd. That's why we're going to Rome with the intention of winning”.

Last of all, a comment on the defence: Juventus are getting better and better at the back and Chiellini and Legrottaglie in particular are truly shining - two players that ran the risk of leaving in the summer. Nicola was linked to a move to Turkey, and Giorgio also wasn't sure about his future for a short while, but quickly - and luckily! - he overcame those doubts. “I'm really happy I stayed, leaving would have been a big mistake. After what happened in July, I understood that sometimes you need to count to ten before speaking and I did wrong back then. Mistakes are useful learning tools”.

it looks like he likes now Ranieri too

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Great attitude from Giorgio like always. He is really a smart fellow but sometimes he acts a bit rash but that only shows he has passion.

To think he almost left this summer. :scared: I´m sure his place in Juventus defense in now cemented for the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)