[Serie A] Lazio 1-1 JUVENTUS (Jan. 25th 2014) (9 Viewers)

MoM

• Storari

• Ogbonna

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
How can people blame Buffon for the pk? The defense let him down, but I got to say that it was an excellent play from Lazio.
I wouldn't exactly blame him, but he reached for the ball and Klose went past him. Buffon then decided to trip him. It seemed like a very silly thing to do especially for someone with that much experience. Of course the actual error was the one leading up to the scene, but Buffon had a lapse in judgement imo.

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
We must bring out the positives from these two negative visits at Olimpico. We needed to be brought back to Earth and we've all seen how such type of results affect our future performances. I believe we'll be highly motivated and much more focused in the next fixtures. Trash Merda and humiliate them if given the chance.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
We were very lucky.Klose shoot direct to Storari and that wooden bar.Very,very lucky.We did not perform well although it is more than difficult to play your game with 10 players.That was the fact.I like the fact that Conte did not get out either Tevez or Llorente but Asamoah .Even with 10 players we have chance to win.Thats positive.I am still convinced that Pirlo should played yesterday.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: However, fortune favors the brave :D I just hope we don't pay the price for our "luck" against the scummiest team in existence, next weekend.

We ought to defend better on set pieces, and limit the number of shots from outside the area teams take against us. We had the exact same issue against this Lazio (granted we thrashed them) side in the 2nd round fixture early on.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nothingy start to the game and then a lapse from Asamoah and Ogbonna to allow the ball to get beyond them and Klose to run untracked.

Liked that Conte took off Asamoah rather than going for the standard option of taking off a forward. Less convinced about the 4-4-1 shape as it left Llorente isolated, but the change to 4-3-1-1 in the second half worked well and allowed Juve to get into some good positions without allowing Lazio to pose much of a threat at the other end.

Only real criticism of how Juve played once they went down to ten men (other than more terrible set-piece defending) would be that they pushed too hard for a winner in the last 10-15 minutes. I thought they took unnecessary risks and allowed Lazio to counter-attack at a point where Lazio - as the home team and a man up - would surely have felt compelled to push forward and attack Juve, which could have given Juve the chance to win the game on the break.

Anyway, good performance from Juve after going a man down and well handled by Conte.
Do you think that something like that would ever happen in a CL game? I mean of course a game managed by an Italian coach.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Can't complain 1 bit with the draw. I said in the 30th minute i'd take a draw here, and I wasn't upset when we failed to win

One thing you can't take away from our team, is our ability to stay compact and keep our shape with 10 men.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)