Serie A: Juventus vs Siena [Dec 23 2007] (44 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
yeah i have the same worry. IMO we will not win the scudetto this year, so i think it is best inter run away with it (as much as it pains me to say that :inter: ) and take the points away from milan.

if they win their games in hand they are just 5 points behind us and they always do well in april/may, and we haven't gone through our bad patch yet, so i think its best that we extend our gap on them when we can.
Only the last 7 rounds of serie A will be played in April and May ( they'll rush things up because of the EURO) and that's why February and March will be really busy months for the Italians, especially for Milan.
Milan have 8 matches to play only in serie A from January 13- February 13 ( 5 regular and the 3 postponed). Then they have many more matches in serie A and Champions league. Without having sqaud depth i'm convinced they will suffer.
They won't win all their matches and they won't be only 5 points behind us. We'll have a better finsihing position than Milan at the end, i'm 100% sure. The most Milan could do is CL spot, 4th place, maximum 3rd.

On the other side, Inter. Just like you i feel it's almost impossibile, but it's not completely impossibile for us to beat them and win the scudetto.
Since there is a chance and since Milan winning tomorrow will put us only 5 points behind Inter (if we beat Siena), and since we have relatively easy matches in the next 4 rounds, there is a good chance that we'll find ourselves 3-5 points behind Inter when CL will continue in February.
Inter do have huge squad and they do play good, but if we're only 3 points behind them in February and especially if they eliminate Liverpool and get to play more tough CL matches..... we can do it !

I really, really..........really really hate Milan :D , but if my maths are good it will be for our best if Milan wins tomorrow.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Only the last 7 rounds of serie A will be played in April and May ( they'll rush things up because of the EURO) and that's why February and March will be really busy months for the Italians, especially for Milan.
Milan have 8 matches to play only in serie A from January 13- February 13 ( 5 regular and the 3 postponed). Then they have many more matches in serie A and Champions league. Without having sqaud depth i'm convinced they will suffer.
They won't win all their matches and they won't be only 5 points behind us. We'll have a better finsihing position than Milan at the end, i'm 100% sure. The most Milan could do is CL spot, 4th place, maximum 3rd.

On the other side, Inter. Just like you i feel it's almost impossibile, but it's not completely impossibile for us to beat them and win the scudetto.
Since there is a chance and since Milan winning tomorrow will put us only 5 points behind Inter (if we beat Siena), and since we have relatively easy matches in the next 4 rounds, there is a good chance that we'll find ourselves 3-5 points behind Inter when CL will continue in February.
Inter do have huge squad and they do play good, but if we're only 3 points behind them in February and especially if they eliminate Liverpool and get to play more tough CL matches..... we can do it !

I really, really..........really really hate Milan :D , but if my maths are good it will be for our best if Milan wins tomorrow.

Im cheering for your maths. We from Balkan are clever bastards!! (sometimes)

Mar 28, 2007
still remember juve leading lazio by 9pts in 2000? and eventually.. lazio won the scudetti.. tt year will give me the motivation tt juve can beat inter for the title.. finger cross mate!

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
he's angry..again

RANIERI BLAST FOR JUVE

Juventus' players go into their home clash against Siena with coach Claudio Ranieri's criticism ringing in their ears.

The Bianconeri won for the ninth time last weekend against Lazio, ending their four-game winless run on the road.

However, Ranieri was not impressed with his players' performance.

Had it not been for the solid play of experienced goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and striker Alessandro Del Piero, the Turin giants could easily have dropped points.

"It's true that we have taken three steps forward, with three points, but we have gone four months back in terms of our performance," said a furious Ranieri.

"How can it be that Lazio have had more shots on goal than we have had in all of our games this campaign?

"Thank goodness we have Buffon and Del Piero, who have allowed us to win this game. Del Piero has scored two splendid goals, and when he is in such good form there's no-one that can stop him.

"However, I am angry, we have made absurd mistakes and this time we managed to escape unharmed."

Juve players can hopefully put things right this weekend when they meet 16th-placed Siena.

The Bianconeri go into the game knowing that a win could see them climb to second in the standings, providing Roma fail to beat Sampdoria on Sunday.

Juve are just one point behind the Romans while they trail eight points behind leaders Internazionale.

Ranieri will have to overcome the absence of midfielder Mauro Camoranesi, who will return early next year having sustained a muscular injury.

"Camoranesi's absence is a big blow for us," said Juve president Giovanni Cobogli Gigli. "Even though he will be out of action for a couple of weeks, we will miss him. He is a very important player for us."

The good news for Ranieri is that striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has recovered from injury and will be available.

Siena travel to Turin's Olympic Stadium hoping to clinch their third win of the campaign.

The Tuscan outfit are level on 14 points with 18th-placed Empoli and will be determined to get a positive result before the winter break.

Having comfortably beaten Genoa 3-1 to collect their first win on the road, Siena had hoped for a better result than a 1-1 draw against Napoli last weekend.

"We are disappointed to have conceded a goal immediately after we scored," said Siena coach Mario Beretta.

"But I have told my players to be patient, we have to go one step at a time. We got a point and there is still a long way to go.

"It's going to be a complicated season for us but the important thing is to collect points."

The good news for the visitors is that veteran striker Enrico Chiesa has recovered from the flu and will be available to play.

http://www.sportinglife.com/

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
a draw would be the best result at the san siro. in uas i will have no chance of watching it they will be showing. inter-milan. no delayed games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)