[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Roma (11/01/08) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Molinaro

• Tiago

• Del Piero

• Legro

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
----------------Manninger---------------------
Mellberg-------Knezevic------Chiellini---------Molinaro
------------Nedved--------Sissoko-------Tiago-----
--------------------------Giovinco--------------
--------------Amauri--------------Del Piero-------

If Grygera is available i'd play him as RB and Mellberg in the middle. I might even suggest Brazzo as RB and Mellberg as CB.
In midfield i chose a player who is able to distribute the ball, a destroyer and a machine who does both defensive and attacking work. Sissoko is also there to cover up for Giovinco if he doesn't track back.
I believe if Giovinco plays in that position on Sat he'll win it for us, as if i'm not mistaken someone said De Rossi is missing, i might be mistaken, but if he is then Giovinco's opposition would be Pizarro(who is slow and just returning from injury) or Brighi(who is shite). If there is actually De Rossi, Seba will struggle unless Nedved manages to pull Daniele away from Gio.
Not much to say about the strikers

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
----------------Manninger---------------------
Mellberg-------Knezevic------Chiellini---------Molinaro
------------Nedved--------Sissoko-------Tiago-----
--------------------------Giovinco--------------
--------------Amauri--------------Del Piero-------

If Grygera is available i'd play him as RB and Mellberg in the middle. I might even suggest Brazzo as RB and Mellberg as CB.
In midfield i chose a player who is able to distribute the ball, a destroyer and a machine who does both defensive and attacking work. Sissoko is also there to cover up for Giovinco if he doesn't track back.
I believe if Giovinco plays in that position on Sat he'll win it for us, as if i'm not mistaken someone said De Rossi is missing, i might be mistaken, but if he is then Giovinco's opposition would be Pizarro(who is slow and just returning from injury) or Brighi(who is shite). If there is actually De Rossi, Seba will struggle unless Nedved manages to pull Daniele away from Gio.
Not much to say about the strikers
Risky also, but it adds a lot to the team. Specially with Giovinco behind Ale and Amauri. Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Mauro and Pavel will both start on the wings with Sissoko in the middle probably alongside Tiago.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I didn't include Mauro from the beginning since he has only played like 15 minutes of match time. Plus hes a bonus to have on the bench, especially if we're struggling to keep possession or need some creativity

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I didn't include Mauro from the beginning since he has only played like 15 minutes of match time. Plus hes a bonus to have on the bench, especially if we're struggling to keep possession or need some creativity
Personally, I wouldn't risk and start Mauro. But with the 4-4-2 Ranieri is using, I really can't stand Marco anymore. He's been our worst player in the last 3matches.

Btw, looking at your formation, we can probably kill them.... just imagine the creativity we have with Gio and Ale upfront.... If only Nedved plays the same way he played vs Real Madrid as CM, then it's all good.

I think Tiago is a must for this match.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Iaquinta is not ready yet, better off with the 4-4-2...why reduce a MF which showed signs of improvement
I agree.

The formation I posted earlier was a prediction of what I though may happen, rather what I would do.

I would play

Manninger

Grygera-Legrottaglie-Chiellini-Molinaro

Camoranesi-Sissoko-Nedved-Giovinco

Amauri-Del Piero​

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Giovinco was brilliant against Roma on the spring match last season.
He scored a goal, he created a lots of chances for himself and , you can't see it on this video, he's been destroying Roma's defense all match long.

He was also very good in the first match against Roma, in Empoli, when he scored that last minute cracker for 2:2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)