[Serie A] Juventus vs Palermo (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I noticed that as well Zlatan. I didn't see yesterday's game, but against Atalanta whenever Camo got the ball Emerson or Blasi were too far away and he had no other choice but to take on his marker or slow the play down and pass back to Zebina. He needs to have an outlet closer to him so that he can work some one-twos or something. It's a bit different on the left because Zambrotta helps out and Neddy comes more central, but I agree with you, there's not enough movement in midfield to play a nice possession game, and our build-up is far too slow. I saw the Inter - Parma match this morning, and Inter attack like a proper attacking side should. The get the ball where they want it to go quickly. Camo, DP and Zlatan are guilty of holding the ball too long, Emerson is as well sometimes. Because of this our opponents can just sit back and get behind the ball. We need to up our tempo a bit, because right now we're playing far too slow.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

@Loppan : DP wasn't certainly that bad to be given 1/5.
That's what I thought. Ever since Zlatan came to Juve every journalist is trying to write/say how bad DP is as a player.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well as some of you said already , swedish newspaper and media are tryin to show that Dp is always the worst player on the pitch so Zlatan can shine...

But

I don't see how they want Zlatan to shine , and me i can't see him , as he always wants to dribble 11 players on the pitch Like he's in Dutch League , he never gave pass , P.s with all my respect but i can control the ball much better then zlatan , i know he's great player , but i don't think he can take Dp's Role for once !

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
well,he can start by dribbling 2-3 players for the begining and then...step by step...he'll be able until the end of the season to dribble with no problem the whole team!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
well,he can start by dribbling 2-3 players for the begining and then...step by step...he'll be able until the end of the season to dribble with no problem the whole team!
yea right !

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Hello to everyone those known and unknown, hope ure all feeling well.
I do not get to see most matches due to differing reasons but I did see this game ands the one against Ajax
I thought against Ajax we played well except one player , I will come later to.

In this game we were dreadful, nothing seems to have changed from last season, too many unecessary touches at the back, and ball watching during crosses which were brilliant from Corini btw, no creativity in the midfield and an attack which refused to play togetther until the second half.

Why on earth do Zambrotta, Camoranesi and Zaltan like to take more touches than necessary, thereby destroying momentum of the attack by not playing the ball simply to their teammates?

Buffon well had no chance with the header and his handling was excellent but I do wish he can release the ball quickly at times so we can set off a counter attack instead of letting the whole world see he has made a save by still clinging to the ball

Zebina, not sure whether he knows he is a right back and not a central back cos he kept getting in Thuram's way and his ball control is poor. Should have been at the right back position for the goal as he was nowhere to be seen

Thuram was majestic against Ajax, not so good here as he too tends to hold to the ball , tries to go forward with it then suddenly remembers he does not have those kind of skills then goes back with it and surprisingky not a good passer of the ball but he wasn't that bad.

Cannavaro a lion as a defender but one of the poorest defenders with the ball at his feet, no ball skills to speak of at all, but he is just a tremendous defender and a huge asset to us, was not so good yesterday but fantastic against Ajax

Zambrotta had a poor game, overdoes his stuff sometimes and no good crosses to the strikers but he too was very good against Ajax

Blasi was absolutely hopeless, just kept on kicking people, no idea how to bring the ball forward, always going backwards but he did play better against Ajax in protecting our defence but a very limited player

Emerson was not good either and did not play particularly well against Ajax but he was not bad in either game either, and a very welcome addition to the side.

Camoranesi was alright in the second half, a big threat in the air but personally, I never want 2 c him again in a Juve shirt as he is totally annoying. He is not particularly good that he should be forgiven for his numerous mistakes he makes in every match and he was so dreadful against Ajax, it was travesty he finished that game

Nedved not the same player of 2 seasons ago by a long shot, should have been sent off in both games for some petulant fouls and though he works very hard, not very productive

Dp was very good in patches against Ajax, not so yesterday, as he did very little all half and it seems Zaltan does not like passing the ball to him

Zaltan , yes we all know you are skilful but for the love of God, will you please release the ball on time and play the simple passes instead of trying to play the ball between 3 players all the time, though he did combine well with Trez and seemed happier playing with him or maybe Capello told him to pass the ball to his partner in the second half as he didnt in the first.

Trez did very well when he came on

Overall although I think we are an improvement from last season which frankly is not saying much, there are still some trouble areas

Do not like our right side, and do not think Oliveira is the answer as a starter, kinda amazed that we never went for either Miguel, Trabelsi, Mancini, Ze Maria or even Gallas(surely he is too good to be on anyone's bench)

No creativity in the midfield will always bring problems as Palermo showed

And Nedved should be kept on the left side and not allowed to roam
Welcome back (again !!) Dennis...

I was actually going to put "where's Denco" in my sig. How coincidental !!!

I missed your post game comments, because they're usually spot on !!

I only have 1 thing to really add to Denco's assestment. As I've said in the past few weeks that the scorelines didnt really tell the story of the match, well this one did !!!

Palermo came out, got their goal, and seemed content with that. We were lucky that Zlatans shot went in, otherwise we had nothing else to show from this game. BAD, BAD passing, and no offensive attacks were the story of the day.

If we play better teams with a performance like this one, were going to get embarassed !!!!!

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I agree to most of Denco's analysis.. but, I have to disagree about Blasi.. I think he's a good player and doing fine (well, not in Palermo's match).. he moves alot.. his tackles are great.. maybe the only problem with him is his attacking contribution.. although he's a DM, but you need all your players to press forward and attack sometimes.. (like what we should do in palermo's match).. in that matter, Blasi should work on that, or should I say Capello..??!!

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
blasi still has a long way to get improved; ATM, what he needs to do is concentrate on the defensive work, stop all the stupid fouls, and let Emo to do the attacking.
he is better than tacchi though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)