[Serie A] Juventus vs. Messina (127 Viewers)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Just saw the goal clip..reminds me of the del piero of old..i am so proud of u DP..keep d good work up!!~ let's hope u guide to juve trebles and azzurri to world cup title and u won the world player of the year.....!!
Dream is the first step to reality guys=)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus 1 - 0 Messina
Del Piero 23 (J)
Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A splendid Alessandro Del Piero individual effort ensured Juventus beat Messina for their seventh consecutive Serie A victory.

The Bianconeri were without the injured Patrick Vieira, while Lilian Thuram and Zlatan Ibrahimovic played despite fitness problems. Del Piero was Man of the Match in Italy's 2-1 win over Moldova midweek and was given a rare start for Juve along with Adrian Mutu, who took a wide midfield role. Messina welcomed back Marco Zanchi after his doping suspension was quashed.

The home end was left empty for the opening 20 minutes, as Juve supporters were protesting against the new security measures implemented in Italian stadiums.

An Ibrahimovic header on Pavel Nedved's free kick fell into the path of Emerson, but a handling offence ruled out the opportunity to score. Ibrahmovic then set up Del Piero and goalkeeper Marco Storari was tested by the Swede's low cross-shot.

Del Piero broke away from Zoro's challenge and his shot towards the near post was deflected on to the side-netting.

The captain's Italian experience certainly boosted him, as he scored a fantastic individual goal to break the deadlock. Del Piero robbed Zoro in midfield, dribbled round a second Messina player and placed a cool finish into the far corner of the net with the inside of his right foot.

Gaetano D'Agostino and Domenico Giampa' combined several times before Massimo Donati's curling attempt was comfortably dealt with by Christian Abbiati.

Messina fought back, as Thuram was booked for bringing down Coppola and Zoro followed up a free kick by drilling over from the edge of the box.

After the break, Riccardo Zampagna was halted in a one-on-one situation with Abbiati for a debatable offside decision as he ran on to D'Agostino's through ball. At the other end, Nedved's snapshot was pushed round the post by Storari.

Ibrahimovic saw Storari off his line and attempted an ambitious strike from over 30 metres, but Messina were increasing the pressure at the Stadio Delle Alpi. Seeing the situation, Fabio Capello strengthened the midfield with the introduction of Mauro Camoranesi for Mutu.

Storari was kept on his toes moments later, parrying Nedved's long-range effort and then keeping out Ibrahimovic's follow-up with his knees before Del Piero's third attempt went out for a corner.

Messina also made a substitution, throwing on the more attacking Arturo Di Napoli for D'Agostino, but Juve's new arrival - Camoranesi - forced Storari to fly in order to palm away a screaming shot from distance.

Ibrahimovic dribbled past his marker moments later and the busy goalkeeper kept out his low finish with an outstretched foot.

Abbiati looked slightly insecure when Di Napoli's cross-shot at the near post was pushed away off his chest and he blocked another effort from the substitute. Giorgio Chiellini received his official Juventus debut when replacing Nedved, while Messina threw on two more attacking players.

Storari continued to frustrate Juve with another fine save on Camoranesi's cheeky volley with the outside of his foot.

David Trezeguet replaced goalscorer Del Piero and within a couple of minutes he had beaten the Messina 'keeper - but not the woodwork. His volley thumped the base of the far upright with Storari left helpless.

However, Messina had a fantastic chance to draw level in the final minutes. Abbiati showed quick reflexes to palm away a point-blank Muslimovic header deflected off Thuram and Di Napoli was somehow unable to get a solid touch on the loose ball from less than six yards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Abbiati; Pessotto, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Nedved (Chiellini 74), Giannichedda, Emerson, Mutu (Camoranesi 57); Del Piero (Trezeguet 82), Ibrahimovic

Messina: Storari; Zoro (Sculli 73), Rezaei, Zanchi, Aronica; Cristante, Coppola, Donati, Giampà; D’Agostino (Di Napoli 63); Zampagna (Muslimovic 63)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Thuram could have scored in his own goal but thanks for abbiati who saved it in the final minutes of the match.
camo was very dynamic when he came with his passes and his long shot could have been the same as he did in parma match but the keeper saved it.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello admires Alex Saturday 15 October, 2005

Fabio Capello praised an “extraordinary” Alessandro Del Piero goal and gave all the credit for Juve’s record-breaking start to his players.

“Del Piero scored an extraordinary goal and the whole team approached this delicate match in the right way,” he said after the 1-0 victory over Messina.

“Adrian Mutu and Giuliano Giannichedda also impressed me, fighting for every ball. Unfortunately, we were unable to seal up the result earlier, as we certainly had the opportunities to do so. Everyone was solid, organised and the internationals came back more determined than ever.”

Capello is one of the most successful Italian tacticians of all time, winning seven League titles with four different clubs – Milan, Real Madrid, Roma and Juventus – but even he had never won his first seven games on the trot.

“I am aware that I am in charge of a remarkably strong squad, but the credit must go to my players for interpreting my concepts of football perfectly. I got the answers I was looking for.”

The Bianconeri are the only side in Europe to have a 100 per cent record between the domestic and European competitions.

“On Tuesday we’ll face Bayern Munich in the Champions League, a great team, so we must remain attentive and concentrated. I don’t want any distractions.”

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++

Ibrahimovic was poor IMO as he still is giving the ball away too easily and once again we saw him try to score a goal all by himself instead of making a simple lateral pass to a wide-open Del Piero who would have scored easily. Caused the Messina defense a lot of problems however he needs to improve.
TBH I think Zlatan just doesn't see it. He misses passes like that all the time, it's just not normal anymore.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Capello needs to do a DP on Zlatan. Bench him for a while and let him fight for his position. It seems to have made wonders on the captain.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Sadomin ] ++
Capello needs to do a DP on Zlatan. Bench him for a while and let him fight for his position. It seems to have made wonders on the captain.
We have won 9 out of 9 matches with Zlatan getting allot of playing time, i doubt cap would bench Zlatan while we are winning, i think he has a little more sense then that. I agree though that Zlatan has to improve his finishing.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Allesandro Del Piero is back to his old self again. :touched:

I was left impressed after this 1-0 win over Messina. Our team really is a 'tank' like Trappatoni decribed it. The defence is stone solid, the midfield is compact and the strikers our full of imagination. We completely dominated the entire show and we witnessed a Del Piero in great form. But compliments must also go to all the other players.

Overall the whole Juventus team was impressive but I was especially happy to notice Del Piero's refound glory days, Nedved's class and Abbiati's undeniable concentration.

But it was also an important victory because it now puts extra pressure on Milan who without Nesta will encounter a difficult and tricky match in Cagliari.

Forza Juve! :strong:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lavenderguy ] ++
Just saw the goal clip..reminds me of the del piero of old..i am so proud of u DP..keep d good work up!!~ let's hope u guide to juve trebles and azzurri to world cup title and u won the world player of the year.....!!
Dream is the first step to reality guys=)
Actually I can see us getting the treble and altough Italy are not the favourties they have a chance so I can see it too but DP world player of the year I doubt it can happen!
DP knows how to play in the matches against small clubs but when a big club plays against him he is usually paralized and he also can`t maintain his great displays more than 2 or 3 matches and that`s why DP is usually benched!
as it goes for potential DP is far far better than Zlatan but DP potential is hardly seen since the injury in 99

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++
Capello: "Va benissimo il risultato finale"
15 10 2005

Fabio Capello dopo la vittoria sul Messina. “Nel calcio quando hai le occasioni e non le sfrutti succede che devi soffrire. Siamo però sempre stati in partita e non abbiamo mai mollato. Abbiamo avuto diverse occasioni per chiudere ma va benissimo il risultato finale. I giocatori sono tornati tutti concentrati e convinti; Del Piero in particolare ha segnato un gol straordinario. Tutta la squadra è stata ordinata e ben disposta; mi è piaciuta”.
Trans?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Zlatan cant play with DP. If you're going to play DP and rest Trez than play him with Zalayeta. Zlatan was piss poor last night, but IMO he started improving when Trez came in and he could play his natural position, instead of tryint to play like Trez. He was too static in the first half and once DP was subbed out he started showing signs of his true self, with that cross to Camo and the heel pass to Chiellini. He cant play with Del Piero, and I've said this time and time again.

BTW, true he missed a great chance to pass to Alex, but before Seven starts asking for his head, at the start of the match Alex missed to cross for an open Zlatan choosing instead to shoot directly at goal, and Capello was openly frustrated.

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++

Actually I can see us getting the treble and altough Italy are not the favourties they have a chance so I can see it too but DP world player of the year I doubt it can happen!
DP knows how to play in the matches against small clubs but when a big club plays against him he is usually paralized and he also can`t maintain his great displays more than 2 or 3 matches and that`s why DP is usually benched!
as it goes for potential DP is far far better than Zlatan but DP potential is hardly seen since the injury in 99
That's bullshit! Who made the assist against Milan last season and gave us the win? Anyway. Del Piero in this form is good against any team

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
what a gol by the king just saw it, how was his performance along the match?
Poor, he stumbled twice in the penalty area and made some bad passes, but the goal was very nice and it gave us the 3 points we needed so no complaints from me.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
ohh so he played average with one good movement?

Average, but with some good movements, he had a nice shot in the beginning of the match aswell but it was deflected and hit the side netting.

What else.... He could of passed Zlatan in a good position but didnt.

Zlatan was average too, he had some nice passes and a goal disallowed though. But he also chose not pass Dp in good position and made som clusmy mistakes.

I thought both players were avarege yesterday. The chosen tactics didnt give them much to play with though. But we won and we can now look forward to Bayern match.

So screw this Messina match, they didnt have a single chance in the whole match except one in the last minutes wich wasnt even that hot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 127)